PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii Republican Convention Was Lowest Point in Party's Recent History!!

georgiaboy
05-19-2008, 03:49 PM
http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story.aspx?e4d35cdd-52db-42c3-87c3-ec1f22efc0b1

Hawaii Republican Convention Was Lowest Point in Party's Recent History
By Daniel Brackins, 5/19/2008 6:18:13 AM
This weekend’s state convention was possibly the lowest point of the Hawaii Republican Party. I have attended many conventions in the past but this was the first time I have ever witnessed such large scales of impropriety and malfeasance on the part of the party leadership. While the party leaders continued to espouse “unity” throughout the convention weekend, there was none to be found.

It was also the first time I have seen delegates weep in regards to the conduct of the party leadership. Many of these delegates were there to have a wonderful time and enjoy the convention process. The guerilla tactics used by the McCain campaign and the GOP leadership represent reprehensible behavior.

Among the tactics employed were blocking the microphone from speakers, changing rules to allow a predetermined McCain slate to be simply dropped into the ballot box, and not allowing Ron Paul observers to watch the actual tally being entered into the computer. The actual tally of votes has also been deemed secret, and will not be released to the public. The 2006 platform was also readopted without any debate being allowed on the subject. This is a slap in the face of all the platform committee members who volunteered much of their time to work on the 2008 platform.

The pinnacle of unethical behavior was the revelation of a confidential script that was used by the McCain campaign in conjunction with party leadership to influence the outcome of the convention. After reviewing a copy of this script, I was appalled that the entire event was scripted. The script even included elected representatives such as Gene Ward.

Another appalling fact was that the chair, Sam Aiona, also had his rulings scripted. The chair is supposed to be fair during the proceedings, but this demonstrates that he was not. All the delegates in attendance witnessed a staged act of which the outcome was already predetermined. This was a waste of money and cost honest delegates a great deal of money, especially those who flew in from neighboring islands.

After the convention, several delegates apologized to the Ron Paul delegation for what had just occurred during the proceedings. This shows that the GOP leadership only further divided the Hawaii Republican Party. It also demonstrates that many honest Republicans believe that the Ron Paul supporters were not the “extremists” the GOP leadership and McCain camp claimed. The Ron Paul campaign simply wanted a fair election process.

The outcome of this convention clearly demonstrates that a change in party leadership must take place at the next convention in 2009. We cannot allow these types of acts to continue within our local party. It has already been shown by many honest conservative Republicans that the Hawaii GOP has failed to market itself to the state in order to defeat the Democratic majority. One such group is the Reform Republican Victory Caucus (RRVC) that has been recently established.

The RRVC has asked me to co-chair their committee and I have accepted. As such I am withdrawing as the Republican candidate for Congressional District 1. The party leadership has refused to support candidates such as myself for elected office, and has done them a great injustice in their failure to create a strong Republican message. My time and the money of my supporters will be better spent to reform the current party. I will make it my personal goal to affect such change.

We must change party leadership before we can run successful candidates for elected office. Beginning a local political campaign five months before November without a Republican message will only fail to elect members of our party. A strong GOP message must be delivered in advance, before candidates run for office. The official Hawaii GOP Web site doesn’t even list the principles that our party believes in. I have seen high school clubs advertise better than our party. Because of this I predict that the GOP will suffer serious losses during the November elections.

I challenge all members of the Hawaii Republican Party to take a principled stance so that we may avoid future impropriety such as those that occurred at the state convention. We must stand together to elect party leaders with such principles that will work to create a strong message that will be delivered to the citizens of Hawaii.

Daniel Brackins is co-chair of the Reform Republican Victory Caucus and Hawaii Assistant State Coordinator for Ron Paul 2008 PCC. Brackins has a B.A. in Political Science from Temple University in Philadelphia, PA and is currently finishing up his M.B.A. at Hawaii Pacific University. He has presented his economic research throughout the United States and Japan, and has been a political consultant for various political candidates. For more information visit http://www.danielbrackins2008.com or send email to: mailto:info@danielbrackins2008.com

HawaiiReporter.com reports the real news, and prints all editorials submitted, even if they do not represent the viewpoint of the editors, as long as they are written clearly. Send editorials to mailto:Malia@HawaiiReporter.com

LittleLightShining
05-19-2008, 03:55 PM
I think all these first-hand accounts and local media coverage should be compiled in one place. I'm not sure exactly how they could be used, but I have a feeling that having easy access to these stories will prove to be extremely beneficial in the quest to reform the GOP.

torchbearer
05-19-2008, 04:05 PM
The Louisiana part of that thread will take several pages.

ronpaulhawaii
05-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Many mahalos to Danial Brackins, that bhradda stay stepping up to da kine, :)

AJ Antimony
05-19-2008, 04:34 PM
What a great party the Good Doctor wants us to join!

ronpaulhawaii
05-19-2008, 04:43 PM
I think all these first-hand accounts and local media coverage should be compiled in one place. I'm not sure exactly how they could be used, but I have a feeling that having easy access to these stories will prove to be extremely beneficial in the quest to reform the GOP.

Just made this

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1464189#post1464189

don't know much about the wiki, but if someone can make it useful...

wiki means fast <zoom> in Hawaiian, too bad change ain't...

torchbearer
05-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Just made this

wiki means fast <zoom> in Hawaiian, too bad change ain't...

I added some video footage of the Louisiana Convention.
I need to find a good write up on all the rules they broke.
It was listed on this site at one time, but i'm not sure i can find it again.

Lord Xar
05-19-2008, 05:10 PM
The really unfortunate thing here is that all these little individual instances of corruptness will just be ignored. So, in essence, complete control will be had by keeping each in a compact "cell" environment.

These people are SOOO afraid at the convention. They don't realize that it is MCCAIN that is the problem!! He is a RINO, and they are tinkering and corrupting the whole system to push threw someone that isn't even representative of us (republicans).

I think creating a website and giving it a very descriptive name and having these testimonials WITH contact info on the offending parties, and videos would be great.

torchbearer
05-19-2008, 05:11 PM
The really unfortunate thing here is that all these little individual instances of corruptness will just be ignored. So, in essence, complete control will be had by keeping each in a compact "cell" environment.

These people are SOOO afraid at the convention. They don't realize that it is MCCAIN that is the problem!! He is a RINO, and they are tinkering and corrupting the whole system to push threw someone that isn't even representative of us (republicans).

I think creating a website and giving it a very descriptive name and having these testimonials WITH contact info on the offending parties, and videos would be great.

This is a great idea.
The case against the GOP.
Each state listed with its indictments.

torchbearer
05-19-2008, 05:13 PM
GOPontrial.com?

freelance
05-19-2008, 05:13 PM
http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story.aspx?e4d35cdd-52db-42c3-87c3-ec1f22efc0b1

Hawaii Republican Convention Was Lowest Point in Party's Recent History
By Daniel Brackins, 5/19/2008 6:18:13 AM
This weekend’s state convention was possibly the lowest point of the Hawaii Republican Party. I have attended many conventions in the past but this was the first time I have ever witnessed such large scales of impropriety and malfeasance on the part of the party leadership. While the party leaders continued to espouse “unity” throughout the convention weekend, there was none to be found.

It was also the first time I have seen delegates weep in regards to the conduct of the party leadership. Many of these delegates were there to have a wonderful time and enjoy the convention process. The guerilla tactics used by the McCain campaign and the GOP leadership represent reprehensible behavior.

Among the tactics employed were blocking the microphone from speakers, changing rules to allow a predetermined McCain slate to be simply dropped into the ballot box, and not allowing Ron Paul observers to watch the actual tally being entered into the computer. The actual tally of votes has also been deemed secret, and will not be released to the public. The 2006 platform was also readopted without any debate being allowed on the subject. This is a slap in the face of all the platform committee members who volunteered much of their time to work on the 2008 platform.

The pinnacle of unethical behavior was the revelation of a confidential script that was used by the McCain campaign in conjunction with party leadership to influence the outcome of the convention. After reviewing a copy of this script, I was appalled that the entire event was scripted. The script even included elected representatives such as Gene Ward.

Another appalling fact was that the chair, Sam Aiona, also had his rulings scripted. The chair is supposed to be fair during the proceedings, but this demonstrates that he was not. All the delegates in attendance witnessed a staged act of which the outcome was already predetermined. This was a waste of money and cost honest delegates a great deal of money, especially those who flew in from neighboring islands.

After the convention, several delegates apologized to the Ron Paul delegation for what had just occurred during the proceedings. This shows that the GOP leadership only further divided the Hawaii Republican Party. It also demonstrates that many honest Republicans believe that the Ron Paul supporters were not the “extremists” the GOP leadership and McCain camp claimed. The Ron Paul campaign simply wanted a fair election process.

The outcome of this convention clearly demonstrates that a change in party leadership must take place at the next convention in 2009. We cannot allow these types of acts to continue within our local party. It has already been shown by many honest conservative Republicans that the Hawaii GOP has failed to market itself to the state in order to defeat the Democratic majority. One such group is the Reform Republican Victory Caucus (RRVC) that has been recently established.

The RRVC has asked me to co-chair their committee and I have accepted. As such I am withdrawing as the Republican candidate for Congressional District 1. The party leadership has refused to support candidates such as myself for elected office, and has done them a great injustice in their failure to create a strong Republican message. My time and the money of my supporters will be better spent to reform the current party. I will make it my personal goal to affect such change.

We must change party leadership before we can run successful candidates for elected office. Beginning a local political campaign five months before November without a Republican message will only fail to elect members of our party. A strong GOP message must be delivered in advance, before candidates run for office. The official Hawaii GOP Web site doesn’t even list the principles that our party believes in. I have seen high school clubs advertise better than our party. Because of this I predict that the GOP will suffer serious losses during the November elections.

I challenge all members of the Hawaii Republican Party to take a principled stance so that we may avoid future impropriety such as those that occurred at the state convention. We must stand together to elect party leaders with such principles that will work to create a strong message that will be delivered to the citizens of Hawaii.

Daniel Brackins is co-chair of the Reform Republican Victory Caucus and Hawaii Assistant State Coordinator for Ron Paul 2008 PCC. Brackins has a B.A. in Political Science from Temple University in Philadelphia, PA and is currently finishing up his M.B.A. at Hawaii Pacific University. He has presented his economic research throughout the United States and Japan, and has been a political consultant for various political candidates. For more information visit http://www.danielbrackins2008.com or send email to: mailto:info@danielbrackins2008.com

HawaiiReporter.com reports the real news, and prints all editorials submitted, even if they do not represent the viewpoint of the editors, as long as they are written clearly. Send editorials to mailto:Malia@HawaiiReporter.com

So, apparently this summer's high-level meeting was to write the script, since all of the conventions seem to follow the same pattern. Is there not ONE honest party chair among this crowd of cowards?

MozoVote
05-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Ya know, we could be witnessing the beginning breakup of a major political party. These tactics only succeed inthe short term goal of ramming McCain through - and end up converting fence sitting conservatives, that are surprised to learn what they are a part of.

The stupid thing about all this - is that if these GOP henchmen would just allow fair elections in most states, and Paul would get 15% or so of the delegates, and be done with it! Instead this skullduggery comes into play, and undermines their credibility for the future.

ronpaulhawaii
05-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Yep, collect em from everywhere

hillertexas
05-19-2008, 05:29 PM

Another appalling fact was that the chair, Sam Aiona, also had his rulings scripted.

WTF?!?!?

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-19-2008, 08:41 PM
can anyone say 'blowback'!?

The stupid thing about all this - is that if these GOP henchmen would just allow fair elections in most states, and Paul would get 15% or so of the delegates, and be done with it! Instead this skullduggery comes into play, and undermines their credibility for the future.

This just gets me thinking about what they know that we don't.
I mean, what are they afraid that 15% of delegates would do???
Is there something we're missing? Like, maybe they're not sure
how many of their 'committeds' might actually have a change of
heart and support Dr. Paul? (I still know we can get a majority to flip.)

Sandra
05-19-2008, 09:17 PM
and we'll be there to fill those seats. McCain people are not passionate about issues, just outcome. When McCain loses they'll be gone or uninvolved.

slacker921
05-19-2008, 09:33 PM
digg here (http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Hawaii_GOP_Convention_Low_Point_in_Party_s_Recent_ history)..

jarofclay
05-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Is there any oversight in the party platform? How about checks and balances within the party? This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

Signzit
05-19-2008, 10:02 PM
The Party is dead. These tactics are Its death roll. We must keep up the pressure.

The Party is nothing more than a money shell with no heart, much like McCain himself.

What American really wants to hitch their wagon to McCain's death-train?

Athan
05-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey, maybe we can call the Feds on these guys too?

driller80545
05-19-2008, 11:03 PM
I, too, think the republican party is gasping its last breath. Too many different viruses.

LittleLightShining
05-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Just made this

wiki means fast <zoom> in Hawaiian, too bad change ain't...Fantastic! Thank you so much.

Ya know, we could be witnessing the beginning breakup of a major political party. These tactics only succeed in the short term goal of ramming McCain through - and end up converting fence sitting conservatives, that are surprised to learn what they are a part of.
This should be the goal. Between these records and TR:AM we have excellent tools.

libertarian4321
05-20-2008, 11:21 AM
The Republican Party is on a downward death spiral and rather than fixing the problem, they just cling harder to the what got them into trouble in the first place.

The Republican Party no longer espouses Republican principals.

I rejoined the Republican Party because of Dr. Paul, but I can't support these corrupt people. I'll stick with the party until the convention, but I'm going back to the Libertarian Party after that.

Heck, I see the local Libertarian Party has a meeting/fundraiser tonight- haven't gone to one of those in a long time, but I think today is the day...

rodo1776
05-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Ya know, we could be witnessing the beginning breakup of a major political party. These tactics only succeed in the short term goal of ramming McCain through - and end up converting fence sitting conservatives, that are surprised to learn what they are a part of.

Mozovote. I was trying to think of how to respond to this and then say your post. You said exactly what i wanted to say. that is it.

However I would add that as the GOP breaks-up we will/or should be there to take it over and get it back to it's roots.

MGreen
05-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Err, I just encouraged my parents to vote for Brackins in September. I hope he reconsiders dropping out, even if he would have a tough time against Abercrombie.

And I agree, after seeing this kind of story play out in several states, I don't see how the GOP can survive much longer. The future of the Republican Party is ours to lose; if we disappear over the next few years or leave the party, they'll be able to get over this. We absolutely need to hold their feet to the fire until the honest Republicans join us and we can get into the party leadership.

pepperpete1
05-20-2008, 09:21 PM
The Louisiana part of that thread will take several pages.

The following is a letter I wrote to the campaign's attorney. Kind of lame giving info to someone who probably had the info already, but it serves here as to what rules were broken.;)

Dear Mr. Becker,
It has been suggested that I send you some of the research I found regarding actions of the LAGOP and the state statutes on election code, so you do not have to wade through the thread on grassroots central forum.

From the State Statutes under Title 18

§534. Change of polling places
A. Once a polling place is established, it may only be changed by a vote of the parish governing authority.
B. The location of a polling place shall not be changed during the period commencing on the date the qualifying period opens and ending on the date of the general election or, in the case of an election date exclusively for bond, tax, or other propositions or questions, during the period commencing on the forty-sixth day prior to the election and ending on the day of the election unless the polling place becomes unavailable due to an emergency caused by an act of God or when privately owned property being used as a polling place becomes unavailable through no fault of the governing authority.
Acts 1976, No. 697, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1978. Amended by Acts 1980, No. 506, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1981; Acts 1982, No. 559, §1, eff. July 22, 1982; Acts 1988, No. 909, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1989; Acts 1993, No. 418, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1994.

Delegates….rules adopted by state party shall be filed
§1280.27. Delegates to political party conventions; selection; oaths; voting; allocation among presidential nominees
A. Notwithstanding any other provisions of law, at least ninety days prior to a presidential preference primary election, the state governing body of each eligible political party shall establish procedures to be followed in the selection of individual delegates and alternates to the convention of that party, including procedures for the selection of committed and uncommitted delegates. A copy of any rule adopted by the state party committee shall be filed with the secretary of state within seven days after its adoption and shall become public record.
B. Delegates shall be allocated among the presidential candidates according to the results of the presidential primary and according to guidelines established by the governing bodies of the respective parties.
C. Repealed by Acts 1984, No. 672, §3.
Added by Acts 1979, No. 684, §1, eff. Dec. 1, 1979. S.C.R. No. 4, 1983, 2nd Ex. Sess. Acts 1984, No. 672, §1; Acts 1986, No. 35, §1, eff. June 17, 1986; Acts 1986, No. 427, §1.

§1405. Time for commencement of action
A. An action objecting to candidacy shall be instituted not later than 4:30 p.m. of the seventh day after the close of qualifications for candidates in the primary or first party primary election. After the expiration of the time period set forth in this Section, no further action shall be commenced objecting to candidacy based on the grounds for objections to candidacy contained in R.S. 18:492.
B. An action contesting any election involving election to office shall be instituted on or before 4:30 p.m. of the ninth day after the date of the election, and no such contest shall be declared moot because of the performance or nonperformance of a ministerial function including but not limited to matters relating to the printing of ballots for the general election.
C. An action contesting an election on a proposed constitutional amendment shall be instituted not later than 4:30 p.m. of the tenth day after promulgation of the results of the election by the secretary of state.

§1412. Pleadings alleging fraud in conduct of election; delivery to attorney general and district attorney
The clerk of court shall immediately notify by telephone and/or facsimile transmission the attorney general and the district attorney for every parish where fraud is alleged to have occurred and shall deliver a certified copy of any such pleading to the attorney general and to each such district attorney.
Acts 1976, No. 697, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1978; Acts 1995, No. 300, §1, eff. June 15, 1995.
1415. Discovery prior to filing a suit contesting an election
A. Provided an action contesting an election involving election to office has not been filed pursuant to R.S. 18:1405(B), a candidate may conduct limited discovery as provided herein during the period of time after the close of the polls on election day and prior to the expiration of time to file a suit contesting such election.
B. Such discovery may be conducted only after execution of an affidavit by a poll watcher, commissioner, or any other election official that he has personal knowledge of an irregularity in the election and only after such affidavit has been filed with a court of competent jurisdiction. The nature of the irregularity shall be specified in the affidavit. The clerk of court shall immediately notify the secretary of state by telephone and by written notice when such affidavit has been filed, and shall notify the opponents of the candidate of the filing of the affidavit. The clerk shall also supply a copy of the affidavit to each opponent of the candidate.
C. Discovery shall be limited to the taking of the deposition of any election official, including his employees, having responsibilities regarding the conduct of such election and the inspection and copying of documents and other records in the custody and control of any such election official, but shall not include access to voting machines prior to the date such machines are opened in accordance with R.S. 18:573. The deposition of a statewide elected official or his employee shall be conducted at the office of such official.
D. Upon the request of the candidate, after the filing of the affidavit as provided in Subsection B of this Section, the clerk of any district court shall issue subpoenas and subpoenas duces tecum in aid of the taking of depositions and the production of documentary evidence for inspection or copying, or both.
E. The authority for a candidate to conduct discovery under the provisions of this Section shall cease when an action contesting such election is filed pursuant to R.S. 18:1405(B).
F. A candidate who conducts limited discovery as provided in this Section shall be responsible for all reasonable costs associated with such discovery.
Acts 1997, No. 975, §1; Acts 1999, No. 254, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 2000; Acts 2001, No. 451, §6, eff. Jan. 12, 2004.

C.(1) Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary and in addition to the penalties provided in Subsection B of this Section, any candidate who is elected to public office and is convicted of an election offense as provided in Paragraphs (A)(4), (6), (10), (13), (14), and (17) of this Section that is related to his campaign for such public office shall forfeit such public office. If such conviction becomes final prior to the candidate taking the oath of office for such public office, the candidate shall forfeit the public office and shall not be allowed to hold such public office and such public office shall be declared vacant at the time such conviction becomes final. If the conviction for such election offense does not become final until after such candidate has taken the oath of office for such public office, then, at the time such conviction becomes final, he shall forfeit such public office and shall be, ipso facto, removed from such public office and such public office shall be declared vacant.

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?folder=92

Rules of the RNC.(The rules that we feel they have not abided by are in {11-20})
http://www.gop.com/About/AboutRead.aspx?Guid=a4cc4fcb-6043-4af2-860a-41ae912a2c42

Rule 16 deals with "enforcement of the rules" and gives a procedure to handle any violations, of course they do not mention law suits.

I have also found rules in the FCC where the mainstream media are not following the "Fair Doctrine" which was eliminated once, but since has been re-instated.

torchbearer
05-20-2008, 09:42 PM
The following is a letter I wrote to the campaign's attorney. Kind of lame giving info to someone who probably had the info already, but it serves here as to what rules were broken.;)

Dear Mr. Becker,
It has been suggested that I send you some of the research I found regarding actions of the LAGOP and the state statutes on election code, so you do not have to wade through the thread on grassroots central forum.

From the State Statutes under Title 18

§534. Change of polling places
A. Once a polling place is established, it may only be changed by a vote of the parish governing authority.
B. The location of a polling place shall not be changed during the period commencing on the date the qualifying period opens and ending on the date of the general election or, in the case of an election date exclusively for bond, tax, or other propositions or questions, during the period commencing on the forty-sixth day prior to the election and ending on the day of the election unless the polling place becomes unavailable due to an emergency caused by an act of God or when privately owned property being used as a polling place becomes unavailable through no fault of the governing authority.
Acts 1976, No. 697, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1978. Amended by Acts 1980, No. 506, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1981; Acts 1982, No. 559, §1, eff. July 22, 1982; Acts 1988, No. 909, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1989; Acts 1993, No. 418, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1994.

Delegates….rules adopted by state party shall be filed
§1280.27. Delegates to political party conventions; selection; oaths; voting; allocation among presidential nominees
A. Notwithstanding any other provisions of law, at least ninety days prior to a presidential preference primary election, the state governing body of each eligible political party shall establish procedures to be followed in the selection of individual delegates and alternates to the convention of that party, including procedures for the selection of committed and uncommitted delegates. A copy of any rule adopted by the state party committee shall be filed with the secretary of state within seven days after its adoption and shall become public record.
B. Delegates shall be allocated among the presidential candidates according to the results of the presidential primary and according to guidelines established by the governing bodies of the respective parties.
C. Repealed by Acts 1984, No. 672, §3.
Added by Acts 1979, No. 684, §1, eff. Dec. 1, 1979. S.C.R. No. 4, 1983, 2nd Ex. Sess. Acts 1984, No. 672, §1; Acts 1986, No. 35, §1, eff. June 17, 1986; Acts 1986, No. 427, §1.

§1405. Time for commencement of action
A. An action objecting to candidacy shall be instituted not later than 4:30 p.m. of the seventh day after the close of qualifications for candidates in the primary or first party primary election. After the expiration of the time period set forth in this Section, no further action shall be commenced objecting to candidacy based on the grounds for objections to candidacy contained in R.S. 18:492.
B. An action contesting any election involving election to office shall be instituted on or before 4:30 p.m. of the ninth day after the date of the election, and no such contest shall be declared moot because of the performance or nonperformance of a ministerial function including but not limited to matters relating to the printing of ballots for the general election.
C. An action contesting an election on a proposed constitutional amendment shall be instituted not later than 4:30 p.m. of the tenth day after promulgation of the results of the election by the secretary of state.

§1412. Pleadings alleging fraud in conduct of election; delivery to attorney general and district attorney
The clerk of court shall immediately notify by telephone and/or facsimile transmission the attorney general and the district attorney for every parish where fraud is alleged to have occurred and shall deliver a certified copy of any such pleading to the attorney general and to each such district attorney.
Acts 1976, No. 697, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1978; Acts 1995, No. 300, §1, eff. June 15, 1995.
1415. Discovery prior to filing a suit contesting an election
A. Provided an action contesting an election involving election to office has not been filed pursuant to R.S. 18:1405(B), a candidate may conduct limited discovery as provided herein during the period of time after the close of the polls on election day and prior to the expiration of time to file a suit contesting such election.
B. Such discovery may be conducted only after execution of an affidavit by a poll watcher, commissioner, or any other election official that he has personal knowledge of an irregularity in the election and only after such affidavit has been filed with a court of competent jurisdiction. The nature of the irregularity shall be specified in the affidavit. The clerk of court shall immediately notify the secretary of state by telephone and by written notice when such affidavit has been filed, and shall notify the opponents of the candidate of the filing of the affidavit. The clerk shall also supply a copy of the affidavit to each opponent of the candidate.
C. Discovery shall be limited to the taking of the deposition of any election official, including his employees, having responsibilities regarding the conduct of such election and the inspection and copying of documents and other records in the custody and control of any such election official, but shall not include access to voting machines prior to the date such machines are opened in accordance with R.S. 18:573. The deposition of a statewide elected official or his employee shall be conducted at the office of such official.
D. Upon the request of the candidate, after the filing of the affidavit as provided in Subsection B of this Section, the clerk of any district court shall issue subpoenas and subpoenas duces tecum in aid of the taking of depositions and the production of documentary evidence for inspection or copying, or both.
E. The authority for a candidate to conduct discovery under the provisions of this Section shall cease when an action contesting such election is filed pursuant to R.S. 18:1405(B).
F. A candidate who conducts limited discovery as provided in this Section shall be responsible for all reasonable costs associated with such discovery.
Acts 1997, No. 975, §1; Acts 1999, No. 254, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 2000; Acts 2001, No. 451, §6, eff. Jan. 12, 2004.

C.(1) Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary and in addition to the penalties provided in Subsection B of this Section, any candidate who is elected to public office and is convicted of an election offense as provided in Paragraphs (A)(4), (6), (10), (13), (14), and (17) of this Section that is related to his campaign for such public office shall forfeit such public office. If such conviction becomes final prior to the candidate taking the oath of office for such public office, the candidate shall forfeit the public office and shall not be allowed to hold such public office and such public office shall be declared vacant at the time such conviction becomes final. If the conviction for such election offense does not become final until after such candidate has taken the oath of office for such public office, then, at the time such conviction becomes final, he shall forfeit such public office and shall be, ipso facto, removed from such public office and such public office shall be declared vacant.

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?folder=92

Rules of the RNC.(The rules that we feel they have not abided by are in {11-20})
http://www.gop.com/About/AboutRead.aspx?Guid=a4cc4fcb-6043-4af2-860a-41ae912a2c42

Rule 16 deals with "enforcement of the rules" and gives a procedure to handle any violations, of course they do not mention law suits.

I have also found rules in the FCC where the mainstream media are not following the "Fair Doctrine" which was eliminated once, but since has been re-instated.

How do we add this text to the wiki?
This is good.

ronpaulhawaii
05-20-2008, 09:53 PM
How do we add this text to the wiki?
This is good.

I opened the wiki in a new tab, clicked edit, added the title, right clicked the post # (26), copied the shortcut, and pasted...

but I bet there is a better way :)

pepperpete1
05-22-2008, 01:38 PM
It seems we have conflicting stories as to how the Hawaii convention went.
The McCain delegate wasn't expecting gnats?? They were expecting something, else why the manipulating of the microphones, etc.?

torchbearer
05-22-2008, 01:43 PM
//

wgadget
05-22-2008, 01:59 PM
New article from a Hawaii Delegate to the RNC...Arrrgh.

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story.aspx?e3dedd8c-7865-417d-865c-f8da8cbfaad5