PDA

View Full Version : State Conventions: To Rump or not to Rump? That is the Question

Join The Paul Side
05-19-2008, 02:27 PM
I was reading in a thread on this forum how GA Ron Paul Republicans got railroaded at their state convention.

Reading this quote pissed me off:

Originally Posted by wgadget
bump

Come on, people. These people are the Old Guard that railroaded us at the GA convention. They turned off the speaking mikes, they disallowed debate on the resolutions, they changed the rules the day before, they didn't tell us about the previous day's meetings, and the chairman was out of order.

My response:

Then you guys should have rumped. You don't have to take their bullshit. Rump when they break the rules or when the chairman is out of order and challenge their results.

This is why there needs to be an official strategy before attending these conventions. We are running out of time. Since Nevada we have allowed the rank and file Establishment old timers to put their foot up our asses convention after convention. If we don't do better to pick up more delegates at these state conventions McCain will be coronated without much of a fight at the RNC.

If nobody is going to take this shit seriously then why even bother?

It just takes one person to have a light go on in their brain to round up the troops and rump when they break the rules, right?

Is it too much to ask for organization prior to these conventions? What's the deal with your local meet up groups? If you ask me they're slacking because it's obvious our people are attending these conventions unprepared. Did yall not take lessons on how Ron Paul Patriots in Nevada were prepared and organized? sheesh! :mad:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=138169&page=2

Granted, Nevada Ron Paul Patriots did not rump. But I believe they could have and should have. To their credit though, they were well organized and did a heck of a job if you ask me.

Why can't we seem to duplicate this success at other state conventions? We have taken hits in every state convention since our success in NV. I believe time is running out on gaining enough delegates to make an impact in stopping McCain at the RNC.

I didn't expect us to sweep every delegate in every state convention. But I didn't expect us to get our ass kicked in all of them either.

We know they are going to cheat. We know they are going to break the rules. We know the Chairman is 99.9% likely to be out of order and looking to screw us over.

So when these things occur, why are we not rumping? Why not rump and elect our own Chairman, our own slates of delegates, and take proof (video and audio) of Establishment figures breaking the rules to the RNC and challenge their results?

What can it hurt? If anything rump conventions at state conventions when party leaders break the rules would make great stories and headlines from reporters that attend these conventions.

Be organized prior to your state conventions. Be ready to rump. Just do it.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-19-2008, 02:44 PM
bump for rump

spacehabitats
05-19-2008, 02:58 PM
I think the key to any successful appeal would be documentation.

Somebody needs to have at least a tape recorder (and preferably a camcorder), otherwise it all comes down to "He said, She said".

Call for a division if there are any votes that you think you should have won with a voice vote that was called against you by the chair.

Then you need to at least try to object to any irregularities with a "Point of order!".
(You may get overruled, but you have to at least try, and the Chair is NEVER allowed to ignore a Point of order.)

Given all that, sure, hold a rump convention.

I think the reason we have not had as much success since NV is simply that we haven't had the numbers. They went in with a majority, didn't they?

Missouri has been doing everything they can short of mass murder to eliminate the RP delegates, because it really is a numbers game, and they don't want to be forced to pull the same stunts they did in NV.

Join The Paul Side
05-19-2008, 03:47 PM
I think the key to any successful appeal would be documentation.

Somebody needs to have at least a tape recorder (and preferably a camcorder), otherwise it all comes down to "He said, She said".

Call for a division if there are any votes that you think you should have won with a voice vote that was called against you by the chair.

Then you need to at least try to object to any irregularities with a "Point of order!".
(You may get overruled, but you have to at least try, and the Chair is NEVER allowed to ignore a Point of order.)

Given all that, sure, hold a rump convention.

I think the reason we have not had as much success since NV is simply that we haven't had the numbers. They went in with a majority, didn't they?

Missouri has been doing everything they can short of mass murder to eliminate the RP delegates, because it really is a numbers game, and they don't want to be forced to pull the same stunts they did in NV.

I hear what you're saying about it being a numbers game. But even if they go in with 90% to our 10%, it doesn't give them the right to break the rules and disenfranchise our people.

When they break or ignore the rules and brush aside our objections to any irregularities with a Point of Order, we need to take our 10% to the next room to rump. That's the way I see it.

And yes tape recorders and mini video cams are a great idea. We need proof to go along with our rump.

MMolloy
05-19-2008, 05:34 PM
We need to stop going stealth as well

Join The Paul Side
05-20-2008, 08:11 AM
We need to stop going stealth as well

I can agree with that. ;)

speciallyblend
05-20-2008, 08:40 AM
I can agree with that. ;)
I'm wearing everything Ron paul. I also plan on sign waving early to everyone coming to broomfield convention in colorado.. I'm also not going to accept any BS from ANY GOP HACK.

hillertexas
05-20-2008, 08:42 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=138334

To rump or not to rump?
To RUMP!!!

They have taken the gloves off.

Join The Paul Side
05-20-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm wearing everything Ron paul. I also plan on sign waving early to everyone coming to broomfield convention in colorado.. I'm also not going to except any BS from ANY GOP HACK.

Right on! :D

Badger Paul
05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Beause even if we walk out they're just going to do what they planning on doing anyway and their decisions will be upheld by the RNC. Without any kind of standing in the party, a rump convention is useless gesture. It's a nice way to grab attention, but useless nonetheless.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Beause even if we walk out they're just going to do what they planning on doing anyway and their decisions will be upheld by the RNC. Without any kind of standing in the party, a rump convention is useless gesture. It's a nice way to grab attention, but useless nonetheless.

I think there's more strategy and practices that we don't
yet see that could give us the power to have RP on the ballot
instead of McShame.

Join The Paul Side
05-20-2008, 11:25 AM

It doesn't hurt to try. Local GOP throughout the country are starting to be exposed for dirty tricks and disenfranchisement of the people in it's own party. Even Republicans that don't support Ron Paul are starting to catch onto what's going on and it bothers them.

A dissatisfied Republican base voicing outrage can change the RNC's tune come time for the convention.

I would rather rump and not regret it later, than not rump and wish we had in the event the RNC looks to satisfy it's base.

If nothing else at all, the attention we'll get from it alone is well worth the effort. But I believe that it's the same attention that we garner from rumping in state conventions is what can help make an impact at the national convention.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-21-2008, 01:14 PM
rump

MMolloy
05-23-2008, 08:08 AM
RUMP

We should at the very least argue that it would be wise to distance the state and local candidates from McCain… McCain like Bush will be an anchor (dragging them to the bottom of the sea) around any republican candidate. We should also repeat as often as possible:

1) What McCain SAYS is irrelevant since he always makes statements on both sides of an issue or statements that are so vague as to be interpreted any way the media likes.
2) McCain has no problem reaching across the isle since he is more comfortable being with the Democrats and what has been the result of his reaching across the isle: McCain/Feingold; McCain/Kennedy etc.

We should hammer away at these two points… everyone should think of their own verbiage that relates to the above points. When the leadership inevitably appeals that we must beat the Democrats, then we start really getting into McCain’s record (similarities to Obama & Clinton). And finishing up with another appeal to distance ourselves from McCain “for the good of the Party”

IPSecure
05-23-2008, 08:20 AM
I would rather rump and not regret it later, than not rump and wish we had.

Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far, Can Possibly Find How Far They Can Go.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-26-2008, 04:51 PM
another bump for rump

SLSteven
05-26-2008, 05:49 PM
We had relatively good success in Nevada because McCain did not already have a majority of the support and because Ron Paul was allowed to speak. It will be hard to replicate that much success in most other locations.