PDA

View Full Version : If you want to get "tazed"....

spacehabitats
05-19-2008, 11:52 AM
If you want to get tazed, do it on your own time.

DO NOT COME TO ST. PAUL AND MAKE RON PAUL AND THE REST OF US LOOK LIKE IDIOTS.
Satisfying your anger and frustration does not give you an excuse to trash our movement.

I would also be willing to be jailed or tazed, IF I thought that would advance the cause of liberty. It wouldn't.

But we had better be able to bring our children to the convention.

I am going to bring my children to St. Paul. I AM willing to risk unprovoked violence against them. After all, this is their future that we are talking about, even more than yours or mine!

If we are doing something that even gives the police an excuse to do violence to our children, THEN WE ARE NOT DOING THE RIGHT THINGS!

By the way, the most effective non-violent protests for the civil rights movement in the early sixties involved children.

In fact, that was probably what broke the back of the resistance to civil rights in the South.

Policemen that were happily jailing and whacking adults over the heads with billy clubs, found themselves powerless when they were confronted with large numbers of children.

In fact, it was the use of fire hoses to disperse the children in those demonstrations (which was thought to be a more "humane" tactic) which ultimately turned this nation toward support for the civil rights bill.

They wouldn't dare do anything like that in St Paul.
It would make us martyrs overnight and accelerate our cause by years!

Unless, of course, they could blame it on some hammerheaded "Ron Paul" provocateurs.

But in that case, the police won't have to take them down.
I'll be whacking them over the head with my own "Ron Paul 2008" sign.:)

Kotin
05-19-2008, 11:57 AM
agreed.

ClayTrainor
05-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Great post...

Ron paul supporters have to be on their best behavior at St. Paul

There will probably be some plants that will try to stir trouble... we must call them out if we spot them.

slacker921
05-19-2008, 12:06 PM
The GOP will see to it that there are some folks sporting Ron Paul signs and shirts getting arrested. That's a given.

phixion
05-19-2008, 12:07 PM
I concur - take as many children as possible. Sons, daughters, relatives. Get them all down there. It should equally stop RP supporters acting out of line as well as the police.

Pete

surf
05-19-2008, 12:25 PM
i think you're giving cops too much credit. they'll whap the shit out of anything that they see that does not comply with their orders - or that they see as a "threat"

i see most cops these days as "Cartman Cops" - you will respect my authoritie! they are no longer members of the community protecting neighbors - they are now members of the cop-community protecting their own.

and don't expect a cop to be jailed for beating up children. as we saw in Philadelphia today, at worst they'll be fired, but probably will just be placed on paid administrative leave.

flames2dust77
05-19-2008, 12:32 PM
This is the reason I will not be going to St. Paul. I do not have a good feeling about it. There is a good chance for violence there. While I do have a great amount of respect for the majority of RP supporters...There is a psycho, nutty group of RP supporters that shows up everywhere. These are the dumbasses who don't care if there are kids around. I cannot and will not put my son's life at risk. Yes, I do see it that seriously....he could get trampled, hit with god knows what, etc.

I wish everyone the best of luck who is going to St. Paul...I just cannot be there.

And please, please ppl be behaved up there. Take the children there into consideration, please.

Dave39168
05-19-2008, 01:07 PM
I feel what you are saying. I think most of the real nutjobs wouldn't make it past their county conventions though. If someone had enough professionalism to get elected at their state convention as a delegate to nationals, I doubt they would be the kind to cause problems at Nationals. The "nutty psychos" as F2D77 calls them, if they show up won't be delegates and I don't think would be able to stir things up to much. I think your children will be safe.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Cop says: "Sit! Stay! Shut your mouth!"

You say sheepishly: "Yes sir. Whatever you say sir."

Well I say, "NO WAY!!!"

I won't being going to get tazed and I won't be going to
start any shit, but I sure as won't sit back, coward down
and be a fu@king pu$$y about it!

If I get tazed, so be it. I won't let that scare me.

freelance
05-19-2008, 01:19 PM
This is the reason I will not be going to St. Paul. I do not have a good feeling about it. There is a good chance for violence there. While I do have a great amount of respect for the majority of RP supporters...There is a psycho, nutty group of RP supporters that shows up everywhere. These are the dumbasses who don't care if there are kids around. I cannot and will not put my son's life at risk. Yes, I do see it that seriously....he could get trampled, hit with god knows what, etc.

I wish everyone the best of luck who is going to St. Paul...I just cannot be there.

And please, please ppl be behaved up there. Take the children there into consideration, please.

I couldn't agree more. I also have a bad feeling about it. I keep seeing Chicago '68 in our future.

kigol
05-19-2008, 01:38 PM
:cool:

spacehabitats
05-19-2008, 01:49 PM
I concur - take as many children as possible. Sons, daughters, relatives. Get them all down there. It should equally stop RP supporters acting out of line as well as the police.

Pete

There will be some "unfortunate incidents", They will see to that.

But there is safety in numbers and having our children there (or any children you can beg borrow or steal;)) will help to:

1) defuse situations

2) act as a reminder to the rowdies that this is a peaceful event

3) create sympathy for our movement in the eyes of the public

4) remind everyone that the freedom movement is important for our children's futures

5) counteract the stereotype that we are all a bunch of Internet geeks living in our Mothers' basements

Need I go on?

But the LAST thing we need are people confirming all of the negative stereotypes the MSM has been trying to label us with.

In fact, we need to be able to broadcast to the world (in advance) that we are going there in peace, and that if any group shows up acting like goons, they are McCain supporters, regardless of what their T-shirts or signs might say.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-19-2008, 02:01 PM
In fact, we need to be able to broadcast to the world (in advance) that we are going there in peace, and that if any group shows up acting like goons, they are McCain supporters, regardless of what their T-shirts or signs might say.

+1

spacehabitats
05-19-2008, 02:03 PM

Well I say, "NO WAY!!!"

This isn't about your courage (or anyone else's). Its about whether you want to win or just get your rocks off.

Yeah, I was around in '68. And I new a lot of the people that went to Chicago, before, during, and after.

I listened to speeches by Abbie Hoffman and the gang and watched the Weathermen self-destruct on national TV.

I thought they were a bunch of grandstanding jerks then, and nothing has happened to change my opinion.

If any of you think you're the first to feel frustrated and angry by bucking the establishment you need to read a little history.

Ron Paul has given us a unique opportunity to create a coalition combining the anti-war/liberal-progressives with the old-style conservative/libertarians and take our country back.

This is something we didn't have in the sixties.

Don't blow it just because you're too hyped up on testosterone to do play this the smart way.

I promise you, we will all live to regret it.

RideTheDirt
05-19-2008, 02:04 PM
There will be some "unfortunate incidents", They will see to that.

But there is safety in numbers and having our children there (or any children you can beg borrow or steal;)) will help to:

1) defuse situations

2) act as a reminder to the rowdies that this is a peaceful event

3) create sympathy for our movement in the eyes of the public

4) remind everyone that the freedom movement is important for our children's futures

5) counteract the stereotype that we are all a bunch of Internet geeks living in our Mothers' basements

Need I go on?

But the LAST thing we need are people confirming all of the negative stereotypes the MSM has been trying to label us with.

+100

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-19-2008, 02:19 PM
This isn't about your courage (or anyone else's). Its about whether you want to win or just get your rocks off.

How do you define WIN?

I'll be there to 'win' in several different ways and to be
pro-active on several issues. None of which are by being
an a$$ or being disrespectful. But at the same time, I'm
not about to bow down and kiss anybodies feet.

That's all I'm saying.

And I'm not afraid of getting tazed.

It's going to be a fabulous, great time and America will
be better off for us being there.

pepperpete1
05-19-2008, 02:23 PM
I keep posting about the anti-war group of about 50,000 members will be targeting the convention. There is another anti-war student group who plans on blocking traffic, I was gung ho on going to the convention just as an observer, but after learning how many other groups are going to be there and the extra security that has been added, I do not see the point of being there. Unless Ron Paul made a public call for us to be there, I would not go.
It would be cool if every REAL RP supporter wore the same color and type of hat or same color of arm band that no infiltrators knew about before hand so that each of them knew who a supporter is and who is just a mole, or member of some other anti-war group.

spacehabitats
05-19-2008, 03:11 PM
I keep posting about the anti-war group of about 50,000 members will be targeting the convention. There is another anti-war student group who plans on blocking traffic, I was gung ho on going to the convention just as an observer, but after learning how many other groups are going to be there and the extra security that has been added, I do not see the point of being there. Unless Ron Paul made a public call for us to be there, I would not go.
It would be cool if every REAL RP supporter wore the same color and type of hat or same color of arm band that no infiltrators knew about before hand so that each of them knew who a supporter is and who is just a mole, or member of some other anti-war group.

http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/05/dr-paul-discuss.html

Anti-war groups-- they need to get with the program and go there not only to protest the war but to support the only anti-war GOP candidate, Ron Paul.

Wearing RP ID's-- nice idea but I don't think you could this bunch to sing Yankee Doodle in unison let alone keep it a secret.

No, I am afraid Ron Paul and all of his TRUE supporters are going to need to be absolutely adamant and consistent on insisting that this is a PEACEFUL rally.

After all, that has ALWAYS been what he advocates.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-19-2008, 03:31 PM
If any Marylanders are planning on going than please PM me. I would love to go but I just no longer have the financial resources to get there or stay there on my own. I will gladly contribute to gas and a hotel room (or we can use my large tent if there is a place to set up camp) or we can take my truck which is great on gas mileage and can seat 6 safely. So if any Marylanders are interested in letting these neocon bastards know that we arent buying their crap than let me know so we can make our plans now.

nbruno322
05-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Violence and chaos plays well into the hands of those who would like to discredit us and impose further totalitarian measures.

We must realizes that the establishment is waging a full-effort psychological war upon the Constitutional movement (IE the 2nd American Revolution). And the best weapon to counter this is education. Chaos and violence is what THEY want, it does not serve the cause of liberty.

freelance
05-19-2008, 05:16 PM
But there is safety in numbers and having our children there (or any children you can beg borrow or steal) will help to:

I certainly wouldn't bet a kid's life on it!

evilfunnystuff
05-19-2008, 05:25 PM
i wouldnt take any young children there with all the groups police and agent provacatuers that are sure to be there make a big poster with a pic of your kids and a rp theme but please dont put them in this position

other than that you are correct take the high ground and look for provacatuers and stop them dead in there tracks

bring cameras to film abuse and what not also if you can

Uncle_Rahn
05-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Ron Paul has asked us not to be beligerant, not to strart any trouble. I have always felt ALL our get togethers should be Family events. Keeps everybody safer. This is not an angry protest. It is a show of support for Ron Paul and his Ideals. Take theose Ideals with you and we will have a successful and positive time. If you are nothing like Ron Paul... Not willing to talk, quick to anger type... please stay home.:cool:

phree
05-19-2008, 07:47 PM

Well I say, "NO WAY!!!"

Oh yeah, you the MAN!

J@ck@$$

pcosmar
05-19-2008, 08:02 PM
I would hope that we could peaceably assemble, but I have NO illusions about the tactics that will be used against us.
For all those that still think the police will allow a peaceful gathering, please check the links in this post.

The cops wanting to shoot people Marching down the street is just a conspiracy.... it's not real, and even if they did, I'm sure they wouldn't laugh about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G63FEamhpA0

Bonus Video

Some of this is Police Footage, videos that they made and were leaked....

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeEsIm-V1ZA

Part 2 - Listen to the cops plan their violence against the people that are just standing there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqiiHxQjTa8

If possible, download those videos, they come up online and then they are taken away, over and over again.

Then do some research on the SPP summit in Canada.
http://www.nowpublic.com/spp-protestors-quebec-police-own-3-stooges
www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow

That is reality. That is what we are up against.
BE AWARE.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
05-19-2008, 08:04 PM
nt

PlzPeopleWakeUp
05-19-2008, 08:06 PM
nt

pepperpete1
05-19-2008, 09:14 PM
http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/05/dr-paul-discuss.html

Anti-war groups-- they need to get with the program and go there not only to protest the war but to support the only anti-war GOP candidate, Ron Paul.
Wearing RP ID's-- nice idea but I don't think you could this bunch to sing Yankee Doodle in unison let alone keep it a secret.

No, I am afraid Ron Paul and all of his TRUE supporters are going to need to be absolutely adamant and consistent on insisting that this is a PEACEFUL rally.

After all, that has ALWAYS been what he advocates.

I had left a message on their site suggesting just that. They immediately booted me off and blocked me from their site.

I tried.:(

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110864

Jeremy
05-19-2008, 09:16 PM
if there is that one* crazy guy, we should calm him down and make sure he stops

maybe we should plan something

*or few... or several

mdh
05-19-2008, 09:53 PM

Well I say, "NO WAY!!!"

My thoughts exactly.

FreeTraveler
05-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Make no mistake, there WILL be problems at the convention. You don't think the cops ordered all those nifty new tasers just to carry them around, do you? They'll be looking for ANY excuse to use them or to fill up their jail cells with out-of-towners who can be hit for big fines. If you think the cops are as friendly these days as they were in Chicago in 1968, you're fooling yourself.

phree
05-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Make no mistake, there WILL be problems at the convention. You don't think the cops ordered all those nifty new tasers just to carry them around, do you? They'll be looking for ANY excuse to use them or to fill up their jail cells with out-of-towners who can be hit for big fines. If you think the cops are as friendly these days as they were in Chicago in 1968, you're fooling yourself.

Point?

Conza88
05-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Chances of an agent provocateur staged event. 100%.

UtahApocalypse
05-19-2008, 10:27 PM
wow im ashamed that some supporters don't want to risk it all and be in Mn. We have tried playing by every fucking rule thrown at us. We NEVER have condoned violence in any way.... now some ppl are acting as if we go to Mn that we will only be bringing violence. Did we get overly rowdy and out of hand at the tax party in Iowa? NO. Did the RP supporters in NV burn down the place when they were screwed? NO. Quit acting like we are the fucking loons the media tries to make us look like. We are ALL responsible for our selves and our actions. If you can't man up and go to Mn without becoming everything were sterotyped as being don't come. Everyone else... the TRUE supporters, the patriots, The Americans that give me hope. I look forward to being honored at joining you in MN.

Conza88
05-19-2008, 10:32 PM
wow im ashamed that some supporters don't want to risk it all and be in Mn. We have tried playing by every fucking rule thrown at us. We NEVER have condoned violence in any way.... now some ppl are acting as if we go to Mn that we will only be bringing violence. Did we get overly rowdy and out of hand at the tax party in Iowa? NO. Did the RP supporters in NV burn down the place when they were screwed? NO. Quit acting like we are the fucking loons the media tries to make us look like. We are ALL responsible for our selves and our actions. If you can't man up and go to Mn without becoming everything were sterotyped as being don't come. Everyone else... the TRUE supporters, the patriots, The Americans that give me hope. I look forward to being honored at joining you in MN.

QFT.

Everyone douche, who has no balls - needs to go join the line too getting chipped.

I will NOT COMPLY! PERIOD! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbNIU2KEz4g)

rathskeller
05-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Children as human shields?

Didn't Saddam Hussein patent that move? you are going to owe his relatives royalties.

G-Wohl
05-20-2008, 02:44 AM
I wonder what the founders would have done if they had listened to this kind of advice... would any of us even be here today?

Fields
05-20-2008, 02:53 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fields
05-20-2008, 02:55 AM
I wonder what the founders would have done if they had listened to this kind of advice... would any of us even be here today?

We would be America, a colony of Britain. Imagine if the British Empire had our resources during their reign...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-20-2008, 06:03 AM
Chances of an agent provocateur staged event. 100%.

+1

And while I'd love to take kids with me, I'm thinking it might not be a place for kids - not even if they're old enough to do their own running. Similarly, I wouldn't take young kids fishing without life jackets, even if they could swim. It just sounds like a bad idea. Political conventions have a history of protests, and protests aren't barbecues.

Ozwest
05-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Everybody loves kids... And I respect your well written post.

But...
Please don't use them to emotionally blackmail others.

slamhead
05-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Gonna stock up on my pop corn and park myself in front of my TV and watch the GOP self distruct. If anything gets out of hand at the convention the GOP has no one but themselves to blame.

If you see anyone wearing bandanas over their faces I would recommend not bringing your kids.

flames2dust77
05-20-2008, 08:57 AM

oh gawd. stfu. I am so tired of certain people around here acting like they are REAL patriots for one reason or another. Don't be an ass by assuming you are a REAL patriot just because you're going to St. Paul and other ppl have their reasons for not going. This is the same shit that went on with the April 15th march in DC. There are always some moronic bullies trying to make people feel like they are less American for not attending something they deem to be important. You have no idea what the other UNpatriotic ppl (as you are calling them) have done within the movement. Your entire statement makes you look ignorant.

And screw you ppl who are willing to use children as shields. YOU go and take your children if you think it's such a great idea. And YOU let others make the decisions they feel are best for THEIR children. I personally am not willing to risk my child's well-being for the stupid ass RNC. Now I'm just mad at everyone. Screw the GOP too.

:p

Ozwest
05-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Real Americans would have elevated Ron Paul in New Hampshire.

The rest is after-thought.

phree
05-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Some real patriots are also real idiots. I mean, it's got to be a statistical certainty, right?

pepperpete1
05-20-2008, 02:19 PM
No one is saying that the RP people will be trouble makers. I am saying that anyone can cause trouble and WE will get the blame, count on it. Then the media can say "We told you so". If there is trouble, do you know how to extricate yourself or family from a mob?

Then again you may not be in a mob because if you do not have a permit to be there, the police will round you up just for loitering. Again, if you are not a delegate or alternate or volunteer use your efforts locally.

If the Ron Paul campaign has something organized for a legal gathering and publicizes it well that is a horse of another color. It is however, to late for applying for permits now.

Ozwest
05-20-2008, 02:28 PM
By all means be civil, obey the laws, and... Don't loiter.

You're just another brick in the wall.

jcarcinogen
05-20-2008, 02:40 PM
If you bring your kids, keep them in the GOP approved 'Free Speech Zone' down the block.

I for one believe the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and the entire country is a Free Speech Zone.

Ozwest
05-20-2008, 02:53 PM
If you bring your kids, keep them in the GOP approved 'Free Speech Zone' down the block.

I for one believe the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and the entire country is a Free Speech Zone.

I've been warned that the Dick Cheney " Bouncy Castle " is kind of creepy.

phree
05-20-2008, 06:51 PM
By all means be civil, obey the laws, and... Don't loiter.

You're just another brick in the wall.

And by that I'm sure you mean "Fight for your rights at a time when the authorities are praying that you do exactly that." In other words fight hard not smart.

westmich4paul
05-20-2008, 07:34 PM
If we go to St Paul and if we all act like those who went to the Philly Rally we will be allright. The crowd there was very proud and supportive of their candidate and their rights but I saw no one acting in a unlawful way at any time. I tell you what if I see anyone representing Ron Paul doing anything that is unlawful you better believe I will be the first one calling authorities to get him/her out of there. They do not represent the movement, nor do they support Ron Paul.

I view this issue kind of the same way our meetup group handled our rallys, parades, gun shows ect. If people came to them to promote their agenda they were booted and booted quickly. We stuck to Ron's beliefs and principles and I think we were very sucessful in making people see that not all of us wore tin foil hats down in our mother's basements.

spacehabitats
05-20-2008, 08:08 PM
If we go to St Paul and if we all act like those who went to the Philly Rally we will be allright. The crowd there was very proud and supportive of their candidate and their rights but I saw no one acting in a unlawful way at any time. I tell you what if I see anyone representing Ron Paul doing anything that is unlawful you better believe I will be the first one calling authorities to get him/her out of there. They do not represent the movement, nor do they support Ron Paul.

I view this issue kind of the same way our meetup group handled our rallys, parades, gun shows ect. If people came to them to promote their agenda they were booted and booted quickly. We stuck to Ron's beliefs and principles and I think we were very sucessful in making people see that not all of us wore tin foil hats down in our mother's basements.

Amen and bump!

Cowlesy
05-20-2008, 08:12 PM
If you want to get tazed, do it on your own time.

DO NOT COME TO ST. PAUL AND MAKE RON PAUL AND THE REST OF US LOOK LIKE IDIOTS.
Satisfying your anger and frustration does not give you an excuse to trash our movement.

I would also be willing to be jailed or tazed, IF I thought that would advance the cause of liberty. It wouldn't.

But we had better be able to bring our children to the convention.

I am going to bring my children to St. Paul. I AM willing to risk unprovoked violence against them. After all, this is their future that we are talking about, even more than yours or mine!

If we are doing something that even gives the police an excuse to do violence to our children, THEN WE ARE NOT DOING THE RIGHT THINGS!

By the way, the most effective non-violent protests for the civil rights movement in the early sixties involved children.

In fact, that was probably what broke the back of the resistance to civil rights in the South.

Policemen that were happily jailing and whacking adults over the heads with billy clubs, found themselves powerless when they were confronted with large numbers of children.

In fact, it was the use of fire hoses to disperse the children in those demonstrations (which was thought to be a more "humane" tactic) which ultimately turned this nation toward support for the civil rights bill.

They wouldn't dare do anything like that in St Paul.
It would make us martyrs overnight and accelerate our cause by years!

Unless, of course, they could blame it on some hammerheaded "Ron Paul" provocateurs.

But in that case, the police won't have to take them down.
I'll be whacking them over the head with my own "Ron Paul 2008" sign.:)

Doc you are one of the most sensible posters on this board. Hopefully we get to shake hands as friendly visitors to the great State of Minnesota.

As always, we will catch many more fly's with honey than we will with vinegar.