PDA

View Full Version : Challenge McCain Delegate in VT, Gov't Bank Ties?

Change
05-19-2008, 05:50 AM
Note to VT Ron Paul District Leader

I think it is important to start to Challenge some of the Delegates being selected for the GOP Convention. It was my understanding that Delegates could not have any ties to Government Contracts. I would think that Robert Sims of Essex position for the Cittenden Corporation and NACHA's Marketing Management Group which deals in government banking might present a problem with conflict of interest? Does anyone know the rules regarding governemnt contracts or banks that are involved in government banking and being a Delegate? I didn't think you could be a Government Vendor and be a delegate.

CHITTENDEN CORPORATION
Chittenden Corporation is a bank holding company with assets of $3.9 billion, ... investment products and management, and government banking, Chittenden's ...

NACHA's Marketing Management Group also might have a contract with Federal Reserve Bank

NACHA and the two ACH Operators--the Federal Reserve System and the Electronic Payments Network--have sent a joint letter addressed to the chief executive officers of U.S. financial institutions, explaining the new rule, encouraging implementation and testing, and offering resources and assistance.

Signzit
05-19-2008, 06:50 AM
Great question!

IPSecure
05-19-2008, 07:48 AM
If True:

We should do this in every state!

How many McCain slates include government people?

LittleLightShining
05-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Bah! I hate to say it, but I wasn't able to go to the convention. Please don't think poorly of me. That being said, I'm not getting any feedback from my meetup group and I'm dying to know what happened.

How do you know who the delegates are? Is there a list somewhere? I'm gonna try to get to the bottom of this.

Change
05-19-2008, 08:08 AM
This article outlines the delegates selected on the bottom. I highly suggest we form a Ron Paul Team to cross check the names of delegates selected from each state thus far and see what we have as far as "Conflicts of Interest" State Vendors, State Contracts. I believe that it is against the rules to work for any company that holds State or Federal Contracts! There is also a media contact on the bottom of the news piece, that might be willing to receive a letter from the Local Ron Paul District Leader once we have cross check the names and backgrounds.

http://vermonttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/BT/20080518/NEWS02/805180410

Bradley in DC
05-19-2008, 08:15 AM
It was my understanding that Delegates could not have any ties to Government Contracts.

Where did you get that idea? :confused:

LittleLightShining
05-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the link. It looks like we have one RP delegate and one alternate. Interestingly, Mr. Sims' wife is also an alternate.

Oh, how I wish the convention had been any other weekend.

Change
05-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Where did you get that idea? :confused:

I remember seeing it on the Connecticut Republican Rules for Applying to be a Delegate. I just tried to pull them up and the link is no longer available. I will hunt the language down.

Change
05-19-2008, 08:55 AM
I remember seeing it on the Connecticut Republican Rules for Applying to be a Delegate. I just tried to pull them up and the link is no longer available. I will hunt the language down.

credentials dispute, still looking for data

LittleLightShining
05-19-2008, 09:11 AM
From the VT GOP Rules:

i). Candidates for Delegate and/or Alternate to Republican National Convention

A candidate for Delegate and/or Alternate to the Republican National Convention must secure by petition the signature of twenty-five (25) members of a town, city, county, or state committee, and be:

1. A resident and registered voter in Vermont; and

2. A current member of a town or city committee, county committee, or State Republican Committee; or

3. An elected Republican currently serving in municipal, county, state, or federal office; or

4. A former Vermont delegate to a Republican National Convention.

Doesn't look like there's any reason to challenge Mr. Sims.

HOLLYWOOD
05-19-2008, 09:13 AM
If True:

We should do this in every state!

How many McCain slates include government people?

BUMP!

EVERY STATE... GOP Background business checks!

Change
05-19-2008, 09:17 AM
From the VT GOP Rules:

Doesn't look like there's any reason to challenge Mr. Sims.

Maybe you are right, but it is clearly - (Stacking the Deck with Special Interest)
ger·ry·man·der (jr-mndr, gr-) KEY

TRANSITIVE VERB:
ger·ry·man·dered , ger·ry·man·der·ing , ger·ry·man·ders
To divide (a geographic area) into voting districts so as to give unfair advantage to one party in elections.
NOUN:

The act, process, or an instance of gerrymandering.
A district or configuration of districts differing widely in size or population because of gerrymandering.

LittleLightShining
05-19-2008, 09:32 AM
That's an interesting point. I don't see any representation on the delegate slate from the Northeast Kingdom and just two alternates from Stannard and Walden in Caledonia County. There are no delegates or alternates from Essex or Orleans counties at all.

Signzit
05-19-2008, 09:36 PM
< Bump> for feedback and bandwagon effect Nationwide! :D