PDA

View Full Version : Let's design an "Action Card" - I need your input

jonathans
05-18-2008, 11:03 PM
This is what I sent my meetup in email. I think it would be good to do nationally but the information would be specific to your locale.

"Hey guys, I have an idea, and would like your take on it.
In my opinion, the only way we will turn this country around is by educating the general public (sheep) about their constitutional rights, the almost daily attack on those rights by those in power, and that they CAN and SHOULD do something about it. We need more wolves and less sheep.

How about we put in their hands, a tool/weapon that they carry with them at all times, in their wallet.
It would have contact information for their representatives... names, numbers, emails, etc.
that they could use to voice their disapproval or urge support for particular legislation or pledge.

I admit I have never called my rep's, and sadly don't even know who they are.
I was hoping you guys are more knowledgable about:
what information to put on the card,
examples of uses or instruction,
notifications methods for calls to action,
and watchdog groups/mechanisms that could be sourced.
I have looked around on the internet and here for a model to copy but haven't found one yet.

Even if we didn't have a Revolution based watchdog group, local, state, or federal...
Even if we didn't have an automated communication system to sound the alert...
If we had these cards in the hands of more and more like-minded Americans, our power would grow.

We could hand them out at public venues, to friends, etc.
It would give us something other than a flyer to GIVE PEOPLE. Something to approach them with other than trying to sell them on RON PAUL.
(we may respect the man, but they don't know of any reason to .....yet) remember, they are sheep.

Please, EVERYONE.
EVEN IF IT IS YOUR FIRST POST....I WANT TO HERE WHAT YOU THINK. YOUR OPINIONS MATTER HERE!!!
I need help with this, I want to do it right. So chip in with your thoughts and ideas.
When we have a plan, then we will put in into action.
I'm sure I can afford business cards.

So, let's hear it........."