PDA

View Full Version : What if We All Mailed the FEC With A Written Complaint on McCain's Violation?

Leroy_Jenkems
05-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Well, how 'bout it?

A few hundred, maybe a few thousand, maybe more...a mass non-advocacy (i.e. no one identifies themself as a RP supporter) mailing of formal complaint filings to the FEC documenting McCain's blatant violation of campaign expenditure limits of $54 mil.

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/complain.shtml#anchor460355

From what I can discern, you don't need a "official Bureaucrat" badge to file a complaint.

Thoughts?

Cleaner44
05-18-2008, 06:16 PM
I did this a few weeks ago, we will see if anything comes of it.

asgardshill
05-18-2008, 06:24 PM
AFAIK, the FEC still doesn't have a quorum, so I guess your complaints are going to take awhile to be looked at.

american.swan
05-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Once they get a quorum, of mccains friends no less, they'll 'scan' the complaints and take swift action to slap him on the wrist and wish him luck and congratulate him on any successes.

Joseph Hart
05-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Bump!

Michael Landon
05-18-2008, 08:09 PM
I did this a couple of weeks ago when I received an e-mail from Restore the Republic. RtR gave a sample letter where you needed to fill in your info, have it notorized and send it in. I received a reply from the FEC stating that my letter didn't meet the qualifications to formally submit a complaint. The letter, about 10 pages long, basically stated everything I did was correct except I had to hand write 3 copies of my letter rather than type it, have all three notorized and then send it in. I believe there were a couple of other things I may have had to do also, things like sacrifice my first born child, run a couple of marathons in women's clothing, give money to John McCain, you know, crazy shit to get my complaint filed correctly.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

- ML

Leroy_Jenkems
05-19-2008, 08:17 PM
I did this a couple of weeks ago when I received an e-mail from Restore the Republic. RtR gave a sample letter where you needed to fill in your info, have it notorized and send it in. I received a reply from the FEC stating that my letter didn't meet the qualifications to formally submit a complaint. The letter, about 10 pages long, basically stated everything I did was correct except I had to hand write 3 copies of my letter rather than type it, have all three notorized and then send it in. I believe there were a couple of other things I may have had to do also, things like sacrifice my first born child, run a couple of marathons in women's clothing, give money to John McCain, you know, crazy shit to get my complaint filed correctly.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

- ML

Yeesh, next they'll want you get a picture of a midget holding some balloons.

Michael?! I thought you were dead?! :o

rational thinker
05-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Goddammit, Leroy!

//