PDA

View Full Version : Video Game

bill50
05-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Somewhere in this site someone suggested trying to reach out to people in video games.

How about taking it one step further. How about designing a game that depicts the history of the formation of our country and shows what has actually happened to our sovereignty and rights. Then the intro could end in a natural disaster or "terrorist" attack that causes whomever is President when the game comes out to declare martial law.

The gameplay could be a shooter combined with a strategy game to help your family survive, stay out of concentration camps, hide your weapons, and stealthily attack federal agents and foreign armies that come to take over our country and enslave us into the social globalists that took over the world.

Of course we may have to make up a fictional country with fictional forefathers and history to keep the government from locking everyone up as terrorists. But if young kids or teenagers buy the game, it might be able to open their eyes as to what is going on in the world.

I can program, but I don't have the time or money to make a decent video game. I hate graphics too. Half Life 2 is open source and a lot of good mods have been made from it to save some of the trouble of making a new engine.

Athan
05-19-2008, 10:33 PM
I can model, animate, and texture in Lightwave 3D. Well, I'm rather rusty since it has been at least year and a half since I have done any work. But I can pick it up after some practice. I would probably be far more effective in a group of animators so I can ask the details I forgot (such as the graph editor). Hell, I forgot most of how to texture... I need to read up on it again.

I'd love to work this part time (I do NOT want to be relied on at this time) on a project like this since I would hate to forget what I do remember.

evilfunnystuff
05-20-2008, 03:39 PM
great idea

heres somethin similar but i dont think they touch on any history and it seems more like a shoot em up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4GMPTMiFQ4

SeanEdwards
05-20-2008, 04:24 PM
That vaguely sounds like Deus Ex, which is a pretty excellent game. In the game, the player starts out as special government anti-terror agent in a futuristic America. Eventually, the player ends up learning that he's really working for a demented totalitarian regime and turns against them. Then the rest of the game is the player battling the system. They also throw in about every conspiracy theory ever heard for good measure. It's kind of a modified shooter/adventure game with some RPG elements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_Ex

AmericaFyeah92
05-20-2008, 04:52 PM
It could be like Grand Theft Auto except with an insurgent theme