PDA

View Full Version : When sending 'The Manifesto' to delegates...

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-18-2008, 12:59 PM
When we send 'The Manifesto' include a hand-written,
strategically structured, personal letter that enable them
to easily sway their vote to Paul.

...don't just leave it up in the air. Grab hold of the opportunity.

wgadget
05-18-2008, 01:13 PM
When we send 'The Manifesto' include a hand-written,
strategically structured, personal letter that enable them
to easily sway their vote to Paul.

...don't just leave it up in the air. Grab hold of the opportunity.

Here's the one we've been sending out:

Dear ________,

On behalf of all conservative Republicans, I would like to congratulate you on being elected as a delegate to the Republican National Convention. As a national delegate you have an opportunity to bring the voice of conservative values and limited government to St. Paul in September, to bear witness to the message of Ronald Reagan, Barry Goldwater and Robert Taft before him. A message that was eloquently delivered by Ronald Reagan during the 1964 U.S. presidential election in what has become known as “The Speech” can be viewed online at:

http://video.google.com

It is in this tradition that we are sending to you, along with every delegate and alternate that will be attending the Republican National Convention, a copy of Congressman and presidential candidate Dr. Ron Paul’s book, “The Revolution: A Manifesto.” It is our hope that this book can help reignite the ideas of limited Constitutional government and generate discussion of these topics at the convention. We all want the same things for this wonderful country: a strong national defense, a strong economy, and preservation of our individual rights. We just sometimes disagree on how these are best achieved. I ask that you not ignore or discredit this book based on heresy, but judge these ideas for yourself based on the words written within.

In closing, I leave you with these quotes from three great Americans:

“Criticism in a time of war is essential to the maintenance of any kind of democratic government.” –Robert Taft (speaking a few weeks after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941)

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” –Barry Goldwater (Acceptance Speech at the 1964 Republican Presidential campaign)

“Freedom is the right to question and change the established way of doing things.” –Ronald Reagan (May 31, 1988)

Your fellow Republican,

LibertyEagle
05-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Well done, wgadget. VERY well done. :)

Kotin
05-18-2008, 04:24 PM
where are these efforts coming from?

how big and organized are they?

and where can i donate or volunteer?

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Yes, NICE!

Non-judgmental, open, honest and leaves them
to choose for themselves.

Thank you,

Hunter

AJ Antimony
05-18-2008, 04:33 PM
How is this going down again? Doesn't someone need to coordinate and organize this book sending?

MRoCkEd
05-18-2008, 04:34 PM
How is this going down again? Doesn't someone need to coordinate and organize this book sending?
http://www.revolutionbymail.com

will be up soon

AJ Antimony
05-18-2008, 04:39 PM
http://www.revolutionbymail.com

will be up soon

Ah, good

kigol
05-18-2008, 06:32 PM
:eek: nice

wgadget
05-18-2008, 06:49 PM
Well done, wgadget. VERY well done. :)

The credit goes to a fellow meetup member. I wish I could claim it as my own.

:)

wgadget
05-18-2008, 06:50 PM
where are these efforts coming from?

how big and organized are they?

and where can i donate or volunteer?

We are working on a national database so that we can post the names and addresses of each delegate, as well as a place to "claim" them.

newyearsrevolution08
05-18-2008, 06:59 PM

Different things actually. Hand written letters are NOT getting sent with the revolutionbymail.com books at least not at first.

Actually look into what that would consist of. This is PERFECT for those who are wanting to mail in a copy on their own AND are writing or WANT to write a letter to include.

Included in the RevolutionByMail.com effort would be

1. RevolutionByMail.com "pass it on" stamp (check the main thread for the picture of what this looks like

2. flyer about the revolutionmarch

3. shipped tracked/confirmed

-------------------------------

Previously we thought ALOT on the letters, the only way that worked was if people would be willing to ship independently of each other BUT we ALL thought about how many "missing" or never shipped books might try to get confirmed as tracked AND that is more headache then I want to deal with.

Like I said though, it COULD be added BUT I think the letters quite possibly would do better on their own in their own envelope with YOUR address on it.

If they toss the book odds are they toss the letter BUT if we send the book and those who want to mail letters to delegates that they want to then GREAT!

Don't forget that you can buy books and just get books out and about EVERYWHERE. We don't all have to attack delegates, congress, libraries and so on. We want to get the manifesto into ALL hands.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Different things actually. Hand written letters are NOT getting sent with the revolutionbymail.com books at least not at first.

Actually look into what that would consist of. This is PERFECT for those who are wanting to mail in a copy on their own AND are writing or WANT to write a letter to include.

Included in the RevolutionByMail.com effort would be

1. RevolutionByMail.com "pass it on" stamp (check the main thread for the picture of what this looks like

2. flyer about the revolutionmarch

3. shipped tracked/confirmed

-------------------------------

Previously we thought ALOT on the letters, the only way that worked was if people would be willing to ship independently of each other BUT we ALL thought about how many "missing" or never shipped books might try to get confirmed as tracked AND that is more headache then I want to deal with.

Like I said though, it COULD be added BUT I think the letters quite possibly would do better on their own in their own envelope with YOUR address on it.

If they toss the book odds are they toss the letter BUT if we send the book and those who want to mail letters to delegates that they want to then GREAT!

Don't forget that you can buy books and just get books out and about EVERYWHERE. We don't all have to attack delegates, congress, libraries and so on. We want to get the manifesto into ALL hands.

NOBODY should be 'attacking delegates'. And if that's how
you are viewing it, then I'm glad you're not sending a letter
with it!

Then again, I don't who's working on that project with you
and I don't know if you're taking it serious or if you are just
half-assing it.

Yes, letters can work by themselves too, but a well crafted,
hand signed (and address) letter will increase the readership
of the book. IMO, most all will be read but a letter will increase
the readership as well as the meaning of it.

Think again about sending a [similar] letter and don't let
'a little extra work' and 'thought of headache' keep you from
doing this!!! Any skilled marketer will confirm that a letter
offers credibility and improves readership.

RPTXState
05-19-2008, 12:48 AM
Any ETA for revolutionbymail.com ?

MRoCkEd
05-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Any ETA for revolutionbymail.com ?
you will have to ask newyearsrevolution08