PDA

View Full Version : Bush Signs Bill to Screen and Monitor Your Children's DNA

Magicman
05-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Bush Signs Bill To Take All Newborns' DNA

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
President Bush last week signed into law a bill which will see the federal government begin to screen the DNA of all newborn babies in the U.S. within six months, a move critics have described as the first step towards the establishment of a national DNA database.

Described as a "national contingency plan" the justification for the new law S. 1858, known as The Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2007, is that it represents preparation for any sort of "public health emergency."

The bill states that the federal government should "continue to carry out, coordinate, and expand research in newborn screening" and "maintain a central clearinghouse of current information on newborn screening... ensuring that the clearinghouse is available on the Internet and is updated at least quarterly".

Sections of the bill also make it clear that DNA may be used in genetic experiments and tests.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some more info...
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-1858

Join The Paul Side
05-18-2008, 10:24 AM
They won't touch my kid without a fight. :mad:

More police state bullshit. They intend to turn America into one giant prison. :mad:

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-25-2008, 02:19 PM
bump

RideTheDirt
05-25-2008, 02:24 PM
If they wanna get my child's dna then they might have their's splattered all over the motherfuckin' wall!.

RSLudlum
05-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Does the bill give a way to opt out of this at the birth of a child?

James Madison
05-25-2008, 02:40 PM
It's almost go time, people. Learn to farm, hunt, shoot a gun, dig a well, etc. When they decide to crash the economy it's gonna be hell on earth.

berrybunches
05-25-2008, 03:53 PM
This bill does not do that, its gives government grant money for opt - in only screening for diseases. Its similar to how they already take your child's blood and check for diseases. This expands on that.
Although, I have no doubt a Pandora's box will come of it. Most people and hospitals will opt in and eventually it will be required or your hospital will make you sign a form allowing it before treatment.
I am NOT in favor of this, I am just saying - don't get all paranoid yet.
There was no counted vote taken (just a voice vote) but Ron Paul was the only one to make a statement opposing it
http://www.aapsonline.org/legis/pauls1858.php

SLSteven
05-25-2008, 03:57 PM
I am sure Bush knows what is best for our children. He has proven his wisdom to be remarkable.

pinkmandy
05-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Screw them. I have 2 words: Midwife and Homebirth. In a normal pregnancy that's the safer route as well.

Anti Federalist
05-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Screw them. I have 2 words: Midwife and Homebirth. In a normal pregnancy that's the safer route as well.

QFT

Roxi
05-26-2008, 03:41 PM
well if i ever have another child i will use a midwife, i know a really good one in Las Vegas if anyone needs a recommendation

either that or maybe ron paul will make an exception and deliver it for me :D

Carehn
05-26-2008, 05:30 PM
I am sure Bush knows what is best for our children. He has proven his wisdom to be remarkable.

Now that funny! :):):)

Carehn
05-26-2008, 05:31 PM
QFT

Whats qft :confused:

Anti Federalist
05-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Whats qft :confused:

Quoted For Truth

Matt Collins
05-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Fascinating discussion about this topic here: http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=680021

damon04
05-31-2008, 01:27 PM

HHAHA