PDA

View Full Version : GOP Compares McCain to Jesus, OMG, What a Joke

Change
05-17-2008, 07:44 PM
IT WAS SAD!

The most blatantly Neo-Con orgy I’ve ever witnessed first hand. Sue Everhart the State GOP Chairman said this:

“Sometimes, when I think about John McCain in that celler in Vietnam, getting tortured, it reminds me of Jesus getting tortured on the cross!”

I REST MY CASE………..

asgardshill
05-17-2008, 08:21 PM
If Sue Everhard actually said something that stupid on the record, then Sue Everhard is a stone idiot.

Is there video or a link of this available?

revolutionary8
05-17-2008, 08:28 PM
State GOP chair: McCain 'kind of like Jesus

By AARON GOULD SHEININ
Published on: 05/17/08

Columbus — Georgia Republican Party chairwoman Sue Everhart said Saturday that the party's presumed presidential nominee has a lot in common with Jesus Christ.

"John McCain is kind of like Jesus Christ on the cross," Everhart said as she began the second day of the state GOP convention. "He never denounced God, either."

Everhart was praising McCain for never denouncing the United States while he was being tortured as a prisoner of war in Vietnam.

"I'm not trying to compare John McCain to Jesus Christ, I'm looking at the pain that was there," she said.
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2008/05/17/gagop_0517.html

torchbearer
05-17-2008, 08:32 PM
LMFAO! now that is funny.
I guess Hitler would remind her of Moses when he was trying to set his people free.

acroso
05-17-2008, 09:10 PM
What state was this in?

evilfunnystuff
05-17-2008, 09:15 PM
What state was this in?

georgia

tbrambo
05-17-2008, 10:41 PM
I was there an heard this BS with my own two ears.

Her words were actually more like "When I think about John McCain, in that cellar in Vietnam, getting tortured, it kind of reminds me of Jesus on the cross!"

I mean.........WHAT THE HELL!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

angelatc
05-17-2008, 10:54 PM
http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/wong/5-15-08/blemm1.jpg

AmericaFyeah92
05-17-2008, 11:18 PM
http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/wong/5-15-08/blemm1.jpg

HAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! Thats about all Juan McCain has going for him.

acroso
05-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Did people start laughing?

Change
05-18-2008, 08:26 AM
CRAZY Shit! It is an insult to Catholics to take our faith into the governmental process! Jesus stands outside the bull shit of government affairs. Where is the moral compass of such a statement! Another False God we do not need.

Perry
05-18-2008, 09:21 AM
I guess that means we are all kind of like Dickens and Einstein because we can both write and do math.

hrdman2luv
05-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Jumping on Juan McCain's POW situation isn't a good idea. He did serve our country. He was tortured. And he did refuse to come home without the others.
I wouldn't ever consider voting for McCain. Ron Paul is my only choice.
But I wouldn't consider "dis'n" McCains war record either.

This thread needs to stop before the McCain supporters try to use this against the Ron Paul supporters. Lord knows, they don't need anything against us.

We have the upper hand. Lets keep it that way.

I think Ron Paul would denounce this kind of chatter about another American Soldier also.

colecrowe
05-18-2008, 11:16 AM
aa

Change
05-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Jumping on Juan McCain's POW situation isn't a good idea. He did serve our country. He was tortured. And he did refuse to come home without the others.
I wouldn't ever consider voting for McCain. Ron Paul is my only choice.
But I wouldn't consider "dis'n" McCains war record either.

This thread needs to stop before the McCain supporters try to use this against the Ron Paul supporters. Lord knows, they don't need anything against us.

We have the upper hand. Lets keep it that way.

I think Ron Paul would denounce this kind of chatter about another American Soldier also.

I disagree with your posting, Great he served his Country, we all serve our Country in one way or another. He should stop using that service to self promote himself anyway! And, are you kidding about being "afraid" of how this is used against Ron Paul Supporters. For God sakes, McCain team just kicked out all the Ron Paul Republicans in Georgia that volunteered to serve as delegates. What more can the "McCain" team do to Ron Paul Republicans?

Second, it is shameful to use "Jesus" as a comparison. Catholics should demand an apology! As a Catholic myself I certainly demand this women spokesperson for the GOP to give me an apology. I am a CCD Teacher and I am outraged that such a comparison is made. John McCain is not a SAVIOR! He is running for a political office, are you kidding, not say something! For sure, I believe we have every right to call the GOP on this outrageous comparison!

I don't care who makes a comparison, it is an insult to the faith and a stupid comment.

torchbearer
05-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Looks like they are talking about this subject on John McCain's forum: http://www.johnmccainforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527

Aratus
05-18-2008, 11:36 AM
john wayne actually is a better hollywood casting for the roman centurian in
"the greatest story ever told" than is john mccain? like john mccain has an ego?
i truely do worry when i sorta agree with "dr. evets child" or his ilk... sometimes...

Aratus
05-18-2008, 11:39 AM
i do think in the auld flic, claude rains actually was sorta very close
to almost method acting out kynge herod without being too horrid.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=135750 indeed!

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-18-2008, 12:33 PM
First time I've been on the John McCain forum. Apparently not the first time for some of you all. LOL.

Aidyl
05-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Looks like they are talking about this subject on John McCain's forum: http://www.johnmccainforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527

here's an interesting quote...

"... are you suggesting i vote for ron paul? hes not even in the race anymore... even if he was i wouldnt vote for him... he spits in the face of the troops everytime he wants to stop the war in iraq..."

let's see, instead of protecting them and sending them home, we keep them fighting this godless war for 100 years. :mad: this is disgusting. sorry for getting a little off topic.

Brown Sapper
05-19-2008, 10:03 AM
here's an interesting quote...

"... are you suggesting i vote for ron paul? hes not even in the race anymore... even if he was i wouldnt vote for him... he spits in the face of the troops everytime he wants to stop the war in iraq..."

let's see, instead of protecting them and sending them home, we keep them fighting this godless war for 100 years. :mad: this is disgusting. sorry for getting a little off topic.

Yeah as a soldier I think these kind of people are the worst kind of supporters and know nothing of supporting the troops. Did anyone check out his ID tag? Kind of ironic. I hate that site, just a bunch of insecure war junkies that watch war movies all day and too scared to sign up.

torchbearer
05-19-2008, 10:09 AM
First time I've been on the John McCain forum. Apparently not the first time for some of you all. LOL.

Missed you! And yeh... on the forum comment.

torchbearer
05-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Yeah as a soldier I think these kind of people are the worst kind of supporters and know nothing of supporting the troops. Did anyone check out his ID tag? Kind of ironic. I hate that site, just a bunch of insecure war junkies that watch war movies all day and too scared to sign up.

Think about this... the majority of people have voted for McCain to keep the troops in an endless war. How does that make you feel? The majority of americans are more than happy to send you overseas so they can "feel" safe from the "terrorist", while the people at the top get filthy rich off the death of 100's of 1000's of people.
Sounds like treason to me.
Rope and tree.

Brown Sapper
05-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Think about this... the majority of people have voted for McCain to keep the troops in an endless war. How does that make you feel? The majority of americans are more than happy to send you overseas so they can "feel" safe from the "terrorist", while the people at the top get filthy rich off the death of 100's of 1000's of people.
Sounds like treason to me.
Rope and tree.

Yeah soon they're going to realize that the military isn't going to their fighting anymore. I've seen many great soldiers leave the military cause they're tired of getting deployed every other year, soon we will be left with the ones that are just there to collect a paycheck. Eventually they will check out and the draft will come in. Let see how they'll feel about this war then.

Aidyl
05-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah soon they're going to realize that the military isn't going to their fighting anymore. I've seen many great soldiers leave the military cause they're tired of getting deployed every other year, soon we will be left with the ones that are just there to collect a paycheck. Eventually they will check out and the draft will come in. Let see how they'll feel about this war then.

exactly. We're trying our best to warn them now, but they may not wake up until it's too late.