PDA

View Full Version : September 5th Audience Debate Strategy: Dress To Impress

Thom1776
08-23-2007, 02:17 PM
I will be in New Hampshire to stand outside the debate with a sign and wearing my tee shirt, but I think that those of you who will actually be ATTENDING the debate and the activities before the debate should dress up in the nicest, most formal clothes that you have. Don't go in with a tee shirt and jeans, you'll just make yourself a target.

The whole purpose here is to catch them off guard. If all the Ron Paul supporters in the audience are dressed like they are members of the Federal Reserve, when the time comes to cheer for Paul during the debate, they won't know what hit them!

Let us on the outside wear the casual, pro-Ron Paul stuff. You guys will be high society sleeper cells.

Even at the pre-debate activities, try not to let anyone on that you are a Ron Paul supporter.

This will make for one hell of a sneak attack!

bc2208
08-23-2007, 02:20 PM
I think dockers and a button up or polo would be fine. Also, we're paying for tickets, not sneaking in the back door.

kylejack
08-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Please note: Dress code is corporate casual. Dress corporate casual.

wgadget
08-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Is anyone taking up donations to get more RPers in?

EvoPro
08-23-2007, 02:53 PM
I will be in New Hampshire to stand outside the debate with a sign and wearing my tee shirt, but I think that those of you who will actually be ATTENDING the debate and the activities before the debate should dress up in the nicest, most formal clothes that you have.

Why aren't you buying a ticket?

Thom1776
08-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Would if I could. I'll do what I can outside the debate.

ANYWAY....

Let's take this one step further.

Ron Paul supporters attending the debate should wear Giuliani or Romney buttons.

Who knows, that might get you in better seats. I have a feeling that Ron
Paul people will be given the worst seats possible.

INFILTRATE WITH ROMNEY AND GIULIANI BUTTONS!!!

constituent
08-24-2007, 10:43 AM
listen carefully for applause cues...

don't whistle.

attack all chances to clap for the dr. after his time is up. don't eat his time w/ applause... eat the other candidate's time with applause b/c if people are clapping anyway it's not about adding volume but dragging it out... so just consider that.

if you boo, it'll all be pegged on rowdy ron paul supporters.... let the mitt-witts and thugianis look like the chumps.

Bradley in DC
08-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Ron Paul supporters attending the debate should wear Giuliani or Romney buttons.

Who knows, that might get you in better seats. I have a feeling that Ron
Paul people will be given the worst seats possible.

INFILTRATE WITH ROMNEY AND GIULIANI BUTTONS!!!

With all due respect, this is a really terrible idea. The media will only report the huge following they have!

bc2208
08-24-2007, 10:55 AM
If we're put in the back, we'll just have to be louder!

EvoPro
08-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Would if I could. I'll do what I can outside the debate.

Maybe someone can help you get a ticket, that's what I was trying to get at. I think we need a strong presence in the debate. I'm getting spread thin on cash too.

honkywill
08-24-2007, 11:27 AM
I didn't even know there was a debate on the 5th.

YEY.

wgadget
08-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Hey, Thom and evo,

I'll donate to the both of you so that you can go.

Do you have Paypal?

I'm in Atlanta, and there's NO CHANCE that I can go.

:D :) :D :)

wgadget
08-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Hey, today I was driving down the road in my van when my daughter noticed that someone was honking at us. I looked over and these two guys were mouthing, "RON PAUL!" with the thumbs up sign.

Very cool experience.

billm317
08-24-2007, 11:53 AM
I didn't even know there was a debate on the 5th.

Here's more info for you and for anyone else who's interested:

ticket info
http://www.nhgop.org/sept-5-presidential-debate-tic/

tickets are first come, first serve

i think this is such a huge opportunity for us to show our support for Dr. Paul

Thom1776
08-24-2007, 11:54 AM
With all due respect, this is a really terrible idea. The media will only report the huge following they have!

Once you are seated, you can remove your button. The most impressive and powerful aspect of a live, televised debate is the applause for each candidate. That is the most important thing a supporter can do from the audience.

The media isn't going to do a count of how many people were wearing what button before the debate.

C'mon, these are guerrilla tactics here.

Infiltrate with a Romney/Giuliani button, then remove it once seated.

wgadget
08-24-2007, 12:05 PM
You guys, email me:

wgadget@mindspring.com

I'll need your paypal address, and I'll send the $50 to ya.

Gratis.

Thom1776
08-24-2007, 12:16 PM
And emailed you.

Maybe we could start an "Adopt-A-Ron-Paul-Debate-Attendee" thread.

wgadget
08-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the email, thom. Now, evo, I'm waiting for you....

Need to fill up that auditorium with RPers.:)

Green Mountain Boy
08-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Just ordered my ticket!

There are now 13 coming from the Boston meetup group so far.

Thom1776
08-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Thank you Gadget!!

Just thought you'd like to know I have very big hands and strong arms, so when I clap, people hear it!! $50 well spent!!

I applied for a ticket and now I wait. This was the next screen:

Thank you for requesting a ticket to the September 5, 2007 presidential debate co-hosted by Fox News, The University of New Hampshire and the New Hampshire Republican Party. These tickets provide admittance to BOTH the First in the Fall presidential debate as well as the official pre-debate reception. There are a limited number of tickets available for sale and requests will be handled on a first come first serve basis. We will make every effort to contact you as soon as possible but please be patient as our staff processes each request. There will be no charges placed on your account until your ticket status has been confirmed. September 5, 2007: 6:00- 8:00 pm: Pre-debate Reception 8:30 pm: Doors to the Whittemore Center close 9:00- 10:30 pm: First in the Fall presidential debate

Green Mountain Boy
08-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Do you think Fox News will do their infamous text message vote again? LOL!

I don't think they'll make that mistake again.

EvoPro
08-24-2007, 01:02 PM
wgadget, I emailed you and pm'd you. I have paid for one ticket already, but my brother is a ron paul fan too and wants to go. Thanks!