PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Ron Paul, MD - We've Been NeoConned

WarDog
05-17-2008, 09:20 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4156174553630131591&q=ron+paul+we%27ve+been+neoconned&ei=AHYuSIWpD6X4qwPuvKysCQ&hl=en

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-17-2008, 12:19 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4156174553630131591&q=ron+paul+we%27ve+been+neoconned&ei=AHYuSIWpD6X4qwPuvKysCQ&hl=en

When attempting to narrow to an ideal, Dr. Paul narrows to many. This is troublesome because when we established our nation's borders, we desired to seperate that which we believed was our formal Civil Purpose from those which we considered to be informal, primitive purposes on the other side.

Clear evidence that our nation no longer cherishes this Civil Purpose is its failure to maintain our borders.

The nations of Mexico and Canada do not have a Civil Purpose as we do because they do not hold any truths to be self-evident beyond any question or that these truths inalienably reduce to be imprinted on the consciences of every Mexican and Canadian soul repectively. This Civil Purpose belongs to the American people while its simplicity narrows inversely to challenge the complex abyss of legal precedence established by the necessary evil of tyranny.

This Civil Purpose exists today as a clear agenda to bring every American to the dinner table while it has been substantiated by a painful history of shedding blood not just for the sole purpose of bringing the master and slave together -- the ideal of every positive government -- but to bind the master to remain so while the slave is freed to come.

Because the master and the slave will at times agree to caste out the lessor untouchable Americans from the dinner table, the ideals of rights and liberties become not just important American ideals but the necessary prerequisites to bring such discouraged members back to the table.

pcosmar
05-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Uncle Emanuel Watkins

Can you explain what you mean by "Civil Purpose"
I have seen you use this vague phrase several times in many threads, and I have no idea what you are talking about.
Can you give a concise definition?
What is Civil Purpose?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Uncle Emanuel Watkins

Can you explain what you mean by "Civil Purpose"
I have seen you use this vague phrase several times in many threads, and I have no idea what you are talking about.
Can you give a concise definition?
What is Civil Purpose?

The ideal of legality has no purpose other than it was judged either rightfully or wrongfully as a precedent law. So, the only purpose in government is civil. I capitalize Civil Purpose because I hold it as self evident beyond any argument, challenge, opinion or legal precedent even to the degree that it is inalienable, as John Locke would argue, as written indelibly on the conscience of my soul.
Because self evident and inalienable truths are timeless, they supercede any past traditions or future occurences.
This tremendous effort put in by our founding fathers was an attempt to keep the ideal of good government from eroding into the realities of tyranny.

pcosmar
05-17-2008, 01:17 PM
The ideal of legality has no purpose other than it was judged either rightfully or wrongfully as a precedent law. So, the only purpose in government is civil. I capitalize Civil Purpose because I hold it as self evident beyond any argument, challenge, opinion or legal precedent even to the degree that it is inalienable, as John Locke would argue, as written indelibly on the conscience of my soul.
Because self evident and inalienable truths are timeless, they supercede any past traditions or future occurences.
This tremendous effort put in by our founding fathers was an attempt to keep the ideal of good government from eroding into the realities of tyranny.

:confused: ???:confused:
That's a lot of words to say WTF.
Plain English, please.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-17-2008, 03:14 PM
:confused: ???:confused:
That's a lot of words to say WTF.
Plain English, please.

This Civil Purpose exists today as a clear agenda to bring every American to the dinner table while it has been substantiated by a painful history of shedding blood not just for the sole purpose of bringing the master and slave together -- the ideal of every positive government -- but to bind the master to remain so while the slave is freed to come.

Our concept of positive government came from the Greek idea of the "good life." This idea of the "good life" -- the obtaining of happiness -- is expressed in Plato's dialogue entitled Meno when it was demonstrated that a poor slave boy could learn to improve his life as long as Socrates was willing to serve him as a midwife philosopher (teacher). This serving teacher was a new concept when compared to the type of teacher Aristotle chose to become later on when he trained Alexander the Great and other children of the master class to take their rightful places of their royal parents. This latter system represented a primitive type of caste system that perpetuated the dynasties where the prince was trained to become the king over a slave class who, it was thought, were encapable of improving their lots in life.
So, the idea of positive government is expressed by the wise Socrates when he believed that a slave boy could learn to improve himself. This idea eventually led that slave boy to sit with the king at the same table in the American system.

pcosmar
05-17-2008, 03:58 PM
All Greek to me.

I just want the government to do as little as possible. and stay OUT of my life and business.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-17-2008, 11:57 PM
All Greek to me.

I just want the government to do as little as possible. and stay OUT of my life and business.

Well, according to our founding fathers, it doesn't matter if the government does a little or a lot or if they get into our life or business or not. The self evident truths will exist regardless. The real power exists in the way these truths inalienably reduce to the conscience of our American souls. This truth binds the master to the table and frees the slave to come to it.
The only danger is having our law makers smother this Civil Purpose with legal precedents. The Civil Purpose has no legal precedence after all.
In the process of establishing and reconsecrating our Civil Purpose as citizens, we acheive the necessary prerequisite of liberty that is needed for us to sit together at the table. Trying to acheive this liberty for the sake of liberty is like trying to hit an apple with an arrow by aiming at the apple. That is why we always fall short of our aim. The only way to obtain the apple of liberty is to shoot for an unreachable ideal in the sky. But we can't even see that sky today, the Civil Purpose, because law makers have darkened it with legal precedents.