PDA

View Full Version : How old, and any ideas?

xxsicknessxx
05-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Im 24, I know lots of people in my city, I want to run for office, any position. Anyone have any ideas on how to start? I live in CA and if anyone has some basic info for me that would be great, thanks.

yongrel
05-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Town Council.

amy31416
05-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Im 24, I know lots of people in my city, I want to run for office, any position. Anyone have any ideas on how to start? I live in CA and if anyone has some basic info for me that would be great, thanks.

You have to impress me first with your knowledge, social prowess and brilliance.

Go.

yongrel
05-16-2008, 10:15 PM
You have to impress me first with your knowledge, social prowess and brilliance.

Go.

And money. I want money. I'm out of Mac & Cheese.

amy31416
05-16-2008, 10:19 PM
And money. I want money. I'm out of Mac & Cheese.

You, sir, need to make some sacrifices. Stouffer's is far too spendy compared to a boxed generic brand with the powdered cheese. And what's this with cranberry soda? Elitist.

But yeah, we will need money. Cash is good, silver/gold is better.

yongrel
05-16-2008, 10:22 PM
You, sir, need to make some sacrifices. Stouffer's is far too spendy compared to a boxed generic brand with the powdered cheese. And what's this with cranberry soda? Elitist.

But yeah, we will need money. Cash is good, silver/gold is better.

Kraft simply cannot compare to Stouffer's. Juxtaposing the two is like having Vern Troyer pose with Robert Wadlow.

Stouffer's makes me believe there is a God.

(But then I see a lamprey, and I go back to my godless ways.)

amy31416
05-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Kraft simply cannot compare to Stouffer's. Juxtaposing the two is like having Vern Troyer pose with Robert Wadlow.

Stouffer's makes me believe there is a God.

(But then I see a lamprey, and I go back to my godless ways.)

Yes, well, I can't and won't argue with that except to say that real baked macaroni and cheese is better than both and is only slightly more expensive than the box crap.

It rocks with some diced tomatoes and a little white pepper. That's enough to make you believe not just in monotheism, but polytheism.

If lamprey's have that effect on you, never read The Tin Drum by Gunther Grass, it'll leave a lasting impression of these creatures.

yongrel
05-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Yes, well, I can't and won't argue with that except to say that real baked macaroni and cheese is better than both and is only slightly more expensive than the box crap.

It rocks with some diced tomatoes and a little white pepper. That's enough to make you believe not just in monotheism, but polytheism.

If lamprey's have that effect on you, never read The Tin Drum by Gunther Grass, it'll leave a lasting impression of these creatures.

You are wrong. Stouffer's has no equal. It is to Macaroni & Cheese what Bob Gibson is to ERA.

amy31416
05-16-2008, 10:34 PM
You are wrong. Stouffer's has no equal. It is to Macaroni & Cheese what Bob Gibson is to ERA.

Oh now you're just trying to stir up some trouble. Apparently nobody has made you the genuine homemade article.

It is truly better than most anything you've ever experienced. Chock full of cholesterol, fat, carbs and as crusty on top as heaven itself must be. Bubbly, rich--the burnt spots are the absolute best. Velveeta is one of the cheeses used, god, I do love a pasteurized process cheese food.....

yongrel
05-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Oh now you're just trying to stir up some trouble. Apparently nobody has made you the genuine homemade article.

It is truly better than most anything you've ever experienced. Chock full of cholesterol, fat, carbs and as crusty on top as heaven itself must be. Bubbly, rich--the burnt spots are the absolute best. Velveeta is one of the cheeses used, god, I do love a pasteurized process cheese food.....

I make a damn fine macaroni & cheese. But even I with my many culinary skills cannot equal Stouffer's.

Agent CSL
05-16-2008, 10:41 PM
C-c-c-c-combo Breaker

amy31416
05-16-2008, 10:41 PM
I make a damn fine macaroni & cheese. But even I with my many culinary skills cannot equal Stouffer's.

Grandma and dad taught me how to cook and yeah, grandma taught me how to make a mean macaroni and cheese--better even than Stouffers, believe it or not, along with the best sauteed mushrooms, turtle brownies, chinese and indian food.

I'm just really glad we could help this guy who wants to run for office.

yongrel
05-16-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm just really glad we could help this guy who wants to run for office.

He's gonna be standing outside the polling place giving out mac & cheese samples.

"If you elect me, I promise to use only the finest cheese!"

Bradley in DC
05-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Volunteer on a race, contact your local RP Meetup group and your local Republican Party. Get involved with them, get your name out there, impress them (and Amy and Yongrel).

amy31416
05-16-2008, 10:46 PM
He's gonna be standing outside the polling place giving out mac & cheese samples.

"If you elect me, I promise to use only the finest cheese!"

He'll be in like Flynn with that shit.

(I swear to god I'm going out tomorrow night. I gotta get away from this damned computer.)