PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to all who will continue to vote for Ron Paul

Eleutheros
05-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Even though it appears from the writing on the wall that Ron Paul will not be the GOP nominee, I would like the be the first, if not the last, to thank each and every one of you who plan to vote for Ron Paul as a write-in candidate at the general election.

To those who say that such votes may not be counted towards the total votes or won't be official or anything like that, I say that it doesn't matter. Because those voters have made a conscience decision to exercise their choice of vote strictly on GP (general principle) instead of settling for a candidate they didn't feel was the best qualified for them.

I don't care about Obama. I don't care about Hillary (nor the infighting between the two of them and this whole issue regarding Rev. Jeremiah Wright only served as a distraction to the whole nomination process and added no value whatsoever). I most certainly don't care about McCain and his BS he tried to peddle to my fellow hometown citizens yesterday about the war ending in 2013.

From now until November, it's strictly "Ron Paul or no one at all."

Thanks for reading.

Knightskye
05-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Ron Paul or the empire will fall. :D

acptulsa
05-16-2008, 01:30 PM
If Barr is the best the LP can do, I really think we need to rally around "Draft Dr. Paul" in the fall.

I full well understand why he doesn't want to piss off the G.O.P. by actually running, but failing to piss them off isn't our job. And if elected, I feel sure he'll serve. LBJ he certainly ain't.

tomveil
05-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Although I know that I won't be counted, I'm going to write him in. And then I'll spend the next 2 years showing the GOP that while they may not have seen my vote, they'll see my influence.

www.delavarforcongress.com

Kludge
05-16-2008, 01:35 PM
If you don't like Barr for being only a recent convert to a more pure libertarianism, then vote for the conservative Chuck Baldwin. Don't waste your vote or resources trying to draft Dr. Paul.

yongrel
05-16-2008, 01:38 PM
If you don't like Barr for being only a recent convert to a more pure libertarianism, then vote for the conservative Chuck Baldwin. Don't waste your vote or resources trying to draft Dr. Paul.

I'm perfectly fine with "wasting" my vote on Ron Paul in the fall. It isn't a waste if you're voting on principle.

Though of course all of these "draft Ron Paul" efforts are a bit silly.

frasu
05-16-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm perfectly fine with "wasting" my vote on Ron Paul in the fall. It isn't a waste if you're voting on principle.

+1

acptulsa
05-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Well, the last thing we need to do is split our voting bloc. If we want our vote to show up and impress people that it's big enough to be worth joining, we need to settle on somebody actually worth voting for. One fairly sizeable wave will be much more likely to lead to an actual groundswell than a few ripples will.

acptulsa
05-16-2008, 02:13 PM

No, I don't see much reason to trust Barr. Yeah, I understand that people are taking the red pill, but to have someone who has actually been making a (pretty lucrative) living at politics for years undergo a sudden and miraculous transformation isn't confidence-inspiring. And while I mainly feel we should vote for Ron Paul because we've gotten him just enough name recognition that when people see his name on the ticket on election night they'll have no excuse for not knowing what we were voting for, I still say that if we actually get him elected he will serve.

patriot2008
05-16-2008, 08:21 PM
I am happy as heck to finally get to vote for Ron Paul this week! As far as the Main Election, if his name were there I will surely vote for him no matter what his chances are. I don't think he will be there or endorse anyone, so I will go for the best 3rd party candidate. Oboma or Mccain? I am not having that crammed down my throat this time.:confused:

haigh
05-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Hopefully Ron Paul will make a public announcement near the end of the GOP convention who he is going to vote for, and we can be sure it will not be McCain. He could turn it into a major news event. The liberal news media will droll in delight. The GOP will see the writing on the wall 'Change or Die.'

And then come November the Ron Paul movement will be tested in public for its cohesion.

kigol
05-16-2008, 08:43 PM
:D

Eleutheros
05-17-2008, 12:46 PM

QFT

Hopefully, if others will follow suit, it will make a very powerful statement to the American people and our government at a minimum that we will not settle for the lesser of two evils for the sake of maintaining the status quo.

I should use your quote in my sig file.

RPTXState
05-17-2008, 01:05 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Kludge
05-17-2008, 01:25 PM

Bah, a vote that won't even be counted in some states? At least give libertarians/conservatives something to measure support by - At least give the media something to report.

Good numbers in straw polls will increase the credibility of third party candidates. Ron will not receive ANY attention if he were to run off a write-in campaign.

spacehabitats
05-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Although I know that I won't be counted, I'm going to write him in. And then I'll spend the next 2 years showing the GOP that while they may not have seen my vote, they'll see my influence.

www.delavarforcongress.com (http://www.delavarforcongress.com)

Exactly.

spacehabitats
05-17-2008, 01:43 PM
What is a wasted vote? I have been voting in elections for almost 40 years. I have often voted for the loser in the race. I have rarely voted for the winner. But the only times I have ever “wasted” my vote were when I voted for the candidate who eventually won. Usually I had convinced myself that I was helping to defeat an even worse candidate, but I see now the fallacy in that strategy. In the end I helped to perpetuate the myth that the policies of the status quo were popular. I helped to deceive myself and my fellow Americans that we still lived in a republic based on our right to vote. I could never understand why good, honest men were constantly being weeded out of politics while corrupt, stupid, and greedy politicians flourished. By the time of the actual election, the Republican or Democratic candidate invariably had one or more fatal flaws which rendered them unacceptable. And yet I continued to participate in the sham elections and watched in helpless frustration as my country disintegrated around me.

Please have the courage and wisdom to waste your vote. Only when we risk that can we ever restore our republic. We will ALWAYS be given a choice between two evils. It is a rare and precious opportunity to be able to vote FOR a true patriot. Ron Paul is the only presidential candidate I have ever had the opportunity to vote for who is truly worthy of that high office. Hopefully, now that the patriots of America have awakened again we will continue to have such opportunities in the future. But I have vowed never again to knowingly waste my vote on the lesser of two evils.

rprprs
05-17-2008, 02:33 PM
What is a wasted vote? I have been voting in elections for almost 40 years. I have often voted for the loser in the race. I have rarely voted for the winner. But the only times I have ever “wasted” my vote were when I voted for the candidate who eventually won. Usually I had convinced myself that I was helping to defeat an even worse candidate, but I see now the fallacy in that strategy. In the end I helped to perpetuate the myth that the policies of the status quo were popular. I helped to deceive myself and my fellow Americans that we still lived in a republic based on our right to vote. I could never understand why good, honest men were constantly being weeded out of politics while corrupt, stupid, and greedy politicians flourished. By the time of the actual election, the Republican or Democratic candidate invariably had one or more fatal flaws which rendered them unacceptable. And yet I continued to participate in the sham elections and watched in helpless frustration as my country disintegrated around me.

Please have the courage and wisdom to waste your vote. Only when we risk that can we ever restore our republic. We will ALWAYS be given a choice between two evils. It is a rare and precious opportunity to be able to vote FOR a true patriot. Ron Paul is the only presidential candidate I have ever had the opportunity to vote for who is truly worthy of that high office. Hopefully, now that the patriots of America have awakened again we will continue to have such opportunities in the future. But I have vowed never again to knowingly waste my vote on the lesser of two evils.

VERY nicely stated and I am with you all the way. I'm probably a little older than most members of this forum, and I doubt that I will ever again have the opportunity to vote for anyone as eminently qualified to lead this country or set it on a proper course. I have no intentions, UNDER ANY SCENARIO, of wasting that opportunity or abusing that privilege.

TER
05-17-2008, 02:37 PM

+1

PatriotG
05-17-2008, 03:04 PM
VERY nicely stated and I am with you all the way. I'm probably a little older than most members of this forum, and I doubt that I will ever again have the opportunity to vote for anyone as eminently qualified to lead this country or set it on a proper course. I have no intentions, UNDER ANY SCENARIO, of wasting that opportunity or abusing that privilege.

Absolutely Agreed!

libertea
05-17-2008, 05:03 PM

There is no wasted vote. The revolution continues. Do you really think Chuck Baldwin has a chance? Don't give up the momentum.

Kludge
05-17-2008, 05:46 PM
There is no wasted vote. The revolution continues. Do you really think Chuck Baldwin has a chance? Don't give up the momentum.

*rolls eyes* Yes, let's draft a man who wants no part of being a POTUS candidate outside of the GOP, that'll ensure our 8-12% momentum. Forget that a number of states don't even count write-in ballots.

Is there anyone here who could vote for neither Chuck Baldwin or Bob Barr (Or Mary Ruwart)? Ron and Chuck are nearly identical in their platform.