PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots hosting service NO LONGER about to vanish THANK YOU ALL

Suzu
05-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi,
My Name is Patricia and although I don't post that much here I have been a member and RP supporter since the beginning. I am a county coordinator in MO as well as a state delegate. One of my main contributions has been as a web designer and host for many grassroots projects including RonPaulRiders.com, PaulsParachute.com, PaulsPetition.com, RonPaulNetwork.info and others. This is where I need some help. I would like to be able to keep these sites live and continue producing more when so requested (all are welcome to host with me at no charge, on a robust server with no limit as to how many sites I host), however, due to the fixed-income/inflation problem. my funds are very low. I need to raise $150 this week to pay my hosting company or revert to the much more expensive month-to-month arrangement (which I also can't really afford on my income). I know many of you have given and given and given and I hate to ask for help but this will allow me to continue to provide free services for Revolutionaries who need it. The amount is very small compared to other projects and I am hoping and humbly asking for help. If you can please visit this page http://ronpaulnetwork.info/give.html where you will see a chip-in set up for this purpose. Thank you very much and I remain honored to be a small part of this effort to rebuild our crumbling country.
Pat (Suzu)

ronpaulhawaii
05-16-2008, 10:06 AM
I am certainly in debt for your services. Wish I could send more but here is a start.

Dear Michael Maresco,
This email confirms that you have paid admin@ronpaulnetwork.info (admin@ronpaulnetwork.info) $20.08 USD using PayPal.

Please help this revolutionary. $150 should be very easy to raise.

Thanks

MelissaWV
05-16-2008, 10:12 AM
I sympathize but am in no better shape :> I lose my home if I don't come up with another $250 in the next five hours. If I manage to do that by some chance, I'll have my husband get in touch with you maybe. You two could share some machines perhaps and split costs? It's a thought but it will have to wait obviously until I get my own affairs in order, if I do.

Suzu
05-16-2008, 10:19 AM
I am certainly in debt for your services. Wish I could send more but here is a start.

Dear Michael Maresco,
This email confirms that you have paid admin@ronpaulnetwork.info (admin@ronpaulnetwork.info) $20.08 USD using PayPal.

Please help this revolutionary. $150 should be very easy to raise.

Thanks

Michael, you are a priceless asset to the revolution. The debt is mine. I am humbled by your generosity and dedication, and if we do fail miserably, I'd be honored to share the same FEMA camp with you!

RonPaulVolunteer
05-16-2008, 10:24 AM
If they are not consuming enormous amounts of BW, I can host them on my own server for you. You'd have CPanel access. Dedicated server with ThePlanet in Houston, TX.

hillertexas
05-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Your contribution to Multi-site Hosting has been processed via PayPal:

ChipIn Event Title: Multi-site Hosting
ChipIn Event Organizer: NAFPS Webmaster (patricia251@centurytel.net)
Transaction ID: d55724172fe9b60c
Contribution Amount: $20.00
Contribution Date: May 16, 2008 11:22 AM CDT

Melissa: How do I get $20 to you?

ronpaulhawaii
05-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Michael, you are a priceless asset to the revolution. The debt is mine. I am humbled by your generosity and dedication, and if we do fail miserably, I'd be honored to share the same FEMA camp with you!

Revolutionary?, yes; priceless?, no!, just another cog in a very big wheel full of people like me...

+1

Suzu
05-16-2008, 10:37 AM
If they are not consuming enormous amounts of BW, I can host them on my own server for you. You'd have CPanel access. Dedicated server with ThePlanet in Houston, TX.

No, not much bandwidth at present but could change anytime. I don't like to restrict people within reason. As it is I have 6TB/month of bandwidth at my disposal. Moving all the sites would be a chore as several have forums attached and these would need to be restored, which means many, many hours of work, and I am way short of time. It's planting season, which is urgently important to a person who has little money and wants to continue eating as the dollar fails. But I THANK YOU for the offer, and will keep it in mind for the future.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-16-2008, 10:40 AM
No, not much bandwidth at present but could change anytime. I don't like to restrict people within reason. As it is I have 6TB/month of bandwidth at my disposal. Moving all the sites would be a chore as several have forums attached and these would need to be restored, which means many, many hours of work, and I am way short of time. It's planting season, which is urgently important to a person who has little money and wants to continue eating as the dollar fails.

Yeah no kidding, I want to plant a garden but I got this tour thing I got to take care of :) I joined a farm co-op though.

amy31416
05-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Suzu,

You can have the $25 I got for signing up at revolutionmoneyexchange.com, plus, if you sign up and use my email, you can also have the $10 referral fee that they would give me (plus you'd have another $25 for signing up.)

I have no vested interest in revolution money exchange, just throwing it out there as an option to help raise funds.

If you're interested, PM me your email address and I'll send you the $25. First time using it, so I'm not sure entirely how it works as far as withdrawal--but it's yours if you can use it.

Suzu
05-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Suzu,

You can have the $25 I got for signing up at revolutionmoneyexchange.com, plus, if you sign up and use my email, you can also have the $10 referral fee that they would give me (plus you'd have another $25 for signing up.)

I have no vested interest in revolution money exchange, just throwing it out there as an option to help raise funds.

If you're interested, PM me your email address and I'll send you the $25. First time using it, so I'm not sure entirely how it works as far as withdrawal--but it's yours if you can use it.

Amy,

I signed up for that months ago and they never gave me the $25 they promised. Did you actually get it? I tried emailing about the oversight and they never replied.

The address I signed up with is patricia251 at centurytel dot net.

Thanks!!

Suzu
05-16-2008, 11:35 AM

Scott, thanks a bunch, you are a super sweetie!

amy31416
05-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Amy,

I signed up for that months ago and they never gave me the $25 they promised. Did you actually get it? I tried emailing about the oversight and they never replied.

The address I signed up with is patricia251 at centurytel dot net.

Thanks!!

Yep, I got it. It's yours now, just sent...

Suzu
05-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Yep, I got it. It's yours now, just sent...

Many thanks, Amy!

tangent4ronpaul
05-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Just sent you $25.

Thanks for all you do!

-n

Suzu
05-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Just sent you $25.

Thanks for all you do!

-n

Nathan, another great angel. Your service and generosity are immensely appreciated.

ronpaulhawaii
05-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Looks like she is over halfway there. This thread certainly brightens my day. You all are da besteses

:)

MelissaWV
05-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Instead of an edit I'll post here :eek: First off you guys are ultra sweet, which in a way I underestimated. My post wasn't about piggybacking and asking for money (and it was written without any sleep which explains why I sound like a zombie in it!) it was more explaining to Pat that I'm willing to help just after I get my own mess straightened out.

Pat, if you cannot move things I can still talk to my husband and see if he wants to move a project or two of his. Even being able to split a machine's cost might be nice for you. I'm also glad I read your post about the revolution-money thing because I was about to run and do that too hmm.

I will 90% probably make my goal and keep my home at this point thanks to a couple of surprise angels from IRC in particular. I'm not shy lol if I were asking for money, for real you guys would know, and I would be pretty blatant :p so please help Pat out (or other projects) but thank you very super much for your concern!

Suzu
05-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Instead of an edit I'll post here :eek: First off you guys are ultra sweet, which in a way I underestimated. My post wasn't about piggybacking and asking for money (and it was written without any sleep which explains why I sound like a zombie in it!) it was more explaining to Pat that I'm willing to help just after I get my own mess straightened out.

No problem. I probably haven't slept 10 hours all week myself, thanks to barking neighbor dogs, the motorcyclist next door who works the graveyard shift, a seriously ill kitty cat and a bad tooth needing to be pulled (no guts and no cash for dentist).

Pat, if you cannot move things I can still talk to my husband and see if he wants to move a project or two of his. Even being able to split a machine's cost might be nice for you. I'm also glad I read your post about the revolution-money thing because I was about to run and do that too hmm.

I phoned RevMoney after Amy mentioned it to ask why I never got the bonuses. Turns out I didn't "accept" the funds in time. That's because I didn't read past the first part of their acknowledgement email saying I first had to complete the signup process, which involves adding a bank account (just like Paypal required for their bonuses). I did complete the signup and there was never a note about any "pending" balance, so I missed it. They may give me another chance.

As to the referral bonuses, they told me I had a lot of referred people who never completed their signups either. The $25 bonus thing might have expired yesterday but it is still on their website, but even without the bonus, a cheaper alternative to Paypal is a good thing to have, so go ahead and sign up if you wish, and I will get the $10 if you complete it:

https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/images/raf_signup.gif (https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/ReferAFriend/ReferAFriend_landing.aspx?referreremail=patricia25 1@centurytel.net)

amy31416
05-16-2008, 02:20 PM
As to the referral bonuses, they told me I had a lot of referred people who never completed their signups either. The $25 bonus thing might have expired yesterday but it is still on their website, but even without the bonus, a cheaper alternative to Paypal is a good thing to have, so go ahead and sign up if you wish, and I will get the $10 if you complete it:

https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/images/raf_signup.gif (https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/ReferAFriend/ReferAFriend_landing.aspx?referreremail=patricia25 1@centurytel.net)

I hope they let you get it. I plan on using that over paypal any time I can because of the ridiculous fees paypal charges--plus my CC doesn't work with paypal anymore after I changed my email address. I hope more places start accepting it and they become competitive with paypal, so they'll have to drop their rates.

ronpaulhawaii
05-16-2008, 03:03 PM
bump

Cowlesy
05-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Sent $84.92. The $150 should be funded now.

ronpaulhawaii
05-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Sent $84.92. The $150 should be funded now.

You da MAN!!!

:D

Suzu
05-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Cowlesy, what kind of saint be you? I went out for an hour or two and BAM! In a rush ATM but wanted to at least pop in and say THANKS A MILLION, it's done, over, finished, y'all can stop, you done gone over the top!

Thanks again!!!

yongrel
05-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Threads like this make me realize how awesome this forum can be sometimes.

ronpaulhawaii
05-16-2008, 05:37 PM

Yeppers! Thread o' the day for this little cog :D

amy31416
05-16-2008, 05:38 PM
I know, I opened the chip-in twice cuz it makes me all mushy and happy.

Thank you Suzu, for doing what you can. Glad we can help. I'll second RPH's vote as "thread o' the day!"

freedom-maniac
05-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Bump for Freedom!

mtmedlin
05-17-2008, 08:14 AM

Remember when this was a daily thing....I miss the old days.

Sorry I missed this one Suzu.

Suzu
05-17-2008, 09:24 PM
The actual payment isn't due for about a week, but I didn't expect the chipin to fill up as quickly as it did. I'll post the receipt from my hosting provider after I do the renewal.

yongrel
05-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Remember when this was a daily thing....I miss the old days.

I think we all do.