PDA

View Full Version : Explain Ron Pauls views on ramos and compean and his voting record regarding that!

V4Vendetta
05-16-2008, 09:51 AM
I need help explaining Ron Paul's views on Ramos and Compean.

A guy just told me that Ron Paul never voted to help them.
He said something about a bill or something in congress that he didn't support.
I told him that if the Federal Government had no say so on a certain issue, then he would vote no to that issue.

But I couldn't provide any details.

Any one have any information for me?

Found the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xon3d9EuoE
At 8:25 he talks about the case...... it seems the guy I was talking to was wrong.

Paul wants to pardon them.

driller80545
05-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Is this about the border guards. If so, I expect he voted the way he did because the guards shot the guy in the back and then tried to cover it up. They convicted him without a trial as a drug smuggler and shot him. These illegal actions have been going on for years and years at the border and I am happy to see someone finally called on it. I realize that there are many good border patrol agents (some very good and conscientious), but there have always been the other ones that are in it for power and dope and money. Please don't defend them to me.

V4Vendetta
05-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Is this about the border guards. If so, I expect he voted the way he did because the guards shot the guy in the back and then tried to cover it up. They convicted him without a trial as a drug smuggler and shot him. These illegal actions have been going on for years and years at the border and I am happy to see someone finally called on it. I realize that there are many good border patrol agents (some very good and conscientious), but there have always been the other ones that are in it for power and dope and money. Please don't defend them to me.

ramos and compean were good agents, that were trying to stop a illegal border crossing that was being done by a drug smuggler.

The bastard was trying to run away.

After he was released from the hospital he was arrested again, with more drugs this time.

You have a very fucked up way at looking at this subject.

Rhys
05-16-2008, 10:16 AM

i want that job. sounds good

driller80545
05-16-2008, 10:18 AM
He had no drugs when he was shot. And of course he was trying to run away. If they shot every illegal that tried to run away from them, well, I guess that there would no longer be an immigrant problem. Any action is ok if drugs are the reason.

fletcher
05-16-2008, 10:30 AM
I remember him being asked about them in an interview (maybe Glenn Beck) and he said he wasn't familiar with it.

The bastard was trying to run away.

Congratulations. That is the dumbest thing I have read all day. [Redacted by Moderator]

RPTXState
05-16-2008, 10:35 AM
All I know is, at out County Convention, we voted unanimously to support them (Ramos/Compean). One of only two unanimous votes.

shrugged0106
05-16-2008, 10:47 AM
I cant remember which debate it was, but I recall he siad that he would not only release them, but also open an investigation into the circumstances of their conviction. Think he something along the lines of "Fishy circumstances with the prosecution"?

V4Vendetta
05-16-2008, 03:55 PM
I cant remember which debate it was, but I recall he siad that he would not only release them, but also open an investigation into the circumstances of their conviction. Think he something along the lines of "Fishy circumstances with the prosecution"?

yes, i remember that too now

Lord Xar
05-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Vendetta,

You need to be more specific.. you don't know what ur friend is referring to in terms of what Ron did not sign, and you are not sure on other matters. Its a hard thing to determine when no particulars are supplied other than "ramos and campeon".

The guy you are talking about is probably the same type that I have dealt with at Alipac (A great site btw) - they are extremely hung up on the Strive Act. So that is what he is probably referring to. I support that bill and Pelosi is trying to prevent it from coming to a vote. I know Ron Paul has not voted for or against it. But it needs signature, so that might what the issue is.
In regards to his "personal" feelings on those borders guards, I think the video shows.

You need to get more specific. I am fairly certain he would pardon them.

cjhowe
05-16-2008, 05:11 PM
I remember him being asked about them in an interview (maybe Glenn Beck) and he said he wasn't familiar with it.

Congratulations. That is the dumbest thing I have read all day. [Redacted by Moderator]

It's not that he wasn't familiar with Ramos and Compean, Beck didn't provide enough context regarding the prosecutor.

BECK: I`ve only got 30 seconds. Johnny Sutton, do you believe Johnny Sutton -- something doesn`t smell right there to me. Would you -- would you investigate what was going on with this administration and Johnny Sutton and everything in between?

PAUL: Can I confess that you`ll have to tell mea little bit more? I hate to have to confess I don`t know.

BECK: That`s all right. He`s the -- he`s the prosecutor in the -- in the case.

PAUL: Oh, OK.

BECK: It seems pretty -- it seems pretty nefarious.

PAUL: Yes, yes. And that is part of my reason for wanting the pardon, because I think there are a lot of questions...

BECK: Right.

PAUL: ... raised on how that case was carried out. So yes. Yes, I agree with that.