PDA

View Full Version : More Global Warming Insanity

freelance
05-16-2008, 05:55 AM
Give Your Grad a Carbon Clean Slate!

http://www.worldchanging.com/archives/008017.html

Here is a particularly vomitous snip where they try to make kids feel guilty for just living and breathing:

That's why this graduation season, Worldchanging is proud to offer its major donors appreciation gifts that really make a difference: our Carbon Clean Slate certificates.

Growing up, few kids have the power to transform their surroundings into a bright green life. That power generally only comes as one grows older. That doesn't mean that kids don't recognize (and feel guilty about) the ways in which their lives have helped make climate change and other planetary problems worse.

Our Carbon Clean Slate gifts lift that guilt by offsetting their childhoods. They can go forward in life knowing that their emissions have been balanced by your gift, and they are free to make their own way in the world, unhampered by the past.

JRegs85
05-16-2008, 08:52 AM
I can't believe that this is serious.

Crash Martinez
05-16-2008, 09:01 AM
You think that's bad? How about this:
http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSL1572011320080515?feedType=RSS&feedName=healthNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Bashing fatties in the name of science.

I can't believe this is serious. "Fat people drive and eat more, so they contribute more to global warming." What a bunch of Nazi bullshit.

Conza88
05-16-2008, 09:07 AM
My tutor... for Global Security.. in our tutorial.. TRIED to ARGUE, that there has been an increase in earthquakes.. BECAUSE of Global Warming..

He was deadly serious.. . The guy got pwnd, to say the least.. so god damn idiotic!

RideTheDirt
05-16-2008, 05:00 PM
My tutor... for Global Security.. in our tutorial.. TRIED to ARGUE, that there has been an increase in earthquakes.. BECAUSE of Global Warming..

He was deadly serious.. . The guy got pwnd, to say the least.. so god damn idiotic!
wow, the stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Mongoose470
05-16-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm a skeptic of humans being the cause of global warming. Science by nature is skeptical. However I am not cynical of the research. Those scientists know a hell of a lot more than I do and I say let them do their job. If there is a chance that we are the cause, I'd like to know. If it is a fact, I defer to Booker T Washington: "Seldom is anything gained long term by denial of the facts."

I'm cynical of the politicization of science. One would be utterly naive to believe that politics and government isn't influencing the research and that other nations have an agenda in proving the human cause. That way maybe they can force our country to redistribute its income to them via a global warming tax since we're the primary polluter of the world.