PDA

View Full Version : Big Name Book Reviews for the Manifesto

winston_blade
05-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Are there any big name "book" people or large newspapers or magazines that have reviewed this book? I would be very interested to see some of those if they exist.

NightOwl
05-15-2008, 09:31 PM
So far, I've seen the Christian Science Monitor, the New York Sun, and The New American (not so big, but something).

Then Glenn Reynolds (Instapundit), who's hugely influential and a neocon, reviewed it respectfully for the neocon Pajamas Media. I was stunned at that.

Unspun
05-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Bill Kaufmann does a great review... he's not a mainstream book reviewer or anything, but another great conservative author.

http://www.takimag.com/site/article/you_say_you_want_a_revolution/

newyearsrevolution08
05-15-2008, 09:35 PM
good question, let me look around. Odds are once they see the #1 part they will come out and give a blurb about it.

winston_blade
05-15-2008, 09:37 PM
good question, let me look around. Odds are once they see the #1 part they will come out and give a blurb about it.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, so that is why I was wondering. It really is a great book.

NightOwl
05-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Also, the NYT itself typically gets around to reviewing all the books that make its bestseller list. They won't like this book, of course, but a negative review from the NYT is, for normal people, as if the author just won the Pulitzer Prize. It would help sales significantly.

berrybunches
05-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Also, the NYT itself typically gets around to reviewing all the books that make its bestseller list. They won't like this book, of course, but a negative review from the NYT is, for normal people, as if the author just won the Pulitzer Prize. It would help sales significantly.

Yeah, even most dumb americans realize that if the NYT reviews your book alot of people must like it.