PDA

View Full Version : Whats this I am hearing about convention?

HarbingerOfTruth
05-15-2008, 04:16 PM
I know Ron Paul supporters want to disrupt Republican Convention in September, but I had a few questions.

1. How would it be done, and would it be allowed?

2. Is Ron Paul speaking?

3. Will the media even cover it?

constitutional
05-15-2008, 05:55 PM
This is what I'm skeptical about.

Why is the media talking about it suddenly? Especially Fox News? I mean, the talk of convention 'revolt' hasn't even registered on the internet either. Why this story in main-stream media? There were plenty of things they could have talked about before--such as getting whopping 200k votes in P.A. But why this story which has no merit other than "some supporters of RP"? Where are these "some supporters of RP" and what magic did they do to get their story on Fox News?

MRoCkEd
05-15-2008, 06:00 PM
are they planning to blame a crazed revolt on ron paul supporters - when it is not them?

hillertexas
05-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Why is the media talking about it suddenly? Especially Fox News? I mean, the talk of convention 'revolt' hasn't even registered on the internet either. Why this story in main-stream media? There were plenty of things they could have talked about before--such as getting whopping 200k votes in P.A. But why this story which has no merit other than "some supporters of RP"?

I have been wondering this too

Perry
05-15-2008, 06:09 PM
I know Ron Paul supporters want to disrupt Republican Convention in September, but I had a few questions.

1. How would it be done, and would it be allowed?

2. Is Ron Paul speaking?

3. Will the media even cover it?

Not disrupt. Participate and be heard. Stop watching so much tv.

Leroy_Jenkems
05-15-2008, 07:11 PM
This is what I'm skeptical about.

Why is the media talking about it suddenly? Especially Fox News? I mean, the talk of convention 'revolt' hasn't even registered on the internet either. Why this story in main-stream media? There were plenty of things they could have talked about before--such as getting whopping 200k votes in P.A. But why this story which has no merit other than "some supporters of RP"? Where are these "some supporters of RP" and what magic did they do to get their story on Fox News?

Me three. Maybe they're trying to galvanize the McCain delegates, who might opt to stay home and watch "The Price is Right" reruns and do crossword puzzles, to show up so that RP delegates don't have the majority rule.

anaconda
05-16-2008, 03:20 AM
Does anyone have any information on no show rates at conventions? Do all of the elected delegates make it to the convention? I just looked at the CNN website and McCain has 1418 delegates, 1333 of which are "pledged." 1191 is the number needed to win. Could 2008 be a year where pledged delegates stray from their "commitments?"

LittleLightShining
05-16-2008, 05:43 AM
are they planning to blame a crazed revolt on ron paul supporters - when it is not them?I remember seeing something back in January or February about the St.Paul police department purchasing 700 tasers for the convention. That's SEVEN HUNDRED tasers. Sounds to me like they're planning something and now Fox has to build it up and put it on the radar.

When my mom asked me if I was part of the "Ron Paul Revolt" n Monday I was completely baffled. It seems to me that this forum is the clearinghouse for information concerning all aspects of Ron Paul grassroots activity and I have yet to read anything that even remotely sounds like "revolt."

The seeds are being planted now. Tread carefully, patriots.

rancher89
05-16-2008, 06:10 AM
you guys, these people are scared, and the media is whipping them up to a frenzy. If there were any year that they might not show up, this isn't the one. They really are afraid of us, like we're going to tear down ALL of the walls.

As I understand things, we're going to be there to vote and talk to people. From viewing past conventions on the tv, I don't think we'll be any less enthusiastic or disruptive than the usual attendees!:D

Let's keep reassuring the gop contacts that we have, that know we are going to national, that we won't be bring WMD to the national convention.....

CanadianPasserby
05-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Not disrupt. Participate and be heard. Stop watching so much tv.

The convention is a high stakes propaganda event and RP isn't On Message.

bojo68
05-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Does anyone have any information on no show rates at conventions? Do all of the elected delegates make it to the convention? I just looked at the CNN website and McCain has 1418 delegates, 1333 of which are "pledged." 1191 is the number needed to win. Could 2008 be a year where pledged delegates stray from their "commitments?"

Ya know, that sure sounds like a good time for inclement weather which shuts down airports, or maybe an air traffic controllers or pilots strike?? Kinda sounds like all that needs to happen is about 175 people need to be stranded....:)

Printo
05-16-2008, 09:01 PM

If there's a time & place to subvert Democracy, its this year in the Grand Ole' Party :D

frdmrdr
05-16-2008, 11:18 PM
I remember seeing something back in January or February about the St.Paul police department purchasing 700 tasers for the convention.

Has anyone had any, er, experience with the St. Paul police? I would think that police in NY or DC are more trigger-happy and battle-scarred than the midwesterners in the St. Paul PD.

Our policy should be to go out of our way to make friends with police officers and show them politeness and respect.

eok321
05-17-2008, 06:02 AM
---

nobody's_hero
05-17-2008, 06:14 AM
Mainly I think it will cause confusion. (Not necessarily a bad thing). The delegates present at the convention are going to be wondering who supports Ron Paul and who supports McCain. So, they can't really take any preventative actions without risking getting rid of possible McCain supporters. (Because everyone will be claiming to support McCain). Confused?

Sounds like a lot of fun, really.

Bruno
05-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Mainly I think it will cause confusion. (Not necessarily a bad thing). The delegates present at the convention are going to be wondering who supports Ron Paul and who supports McCain. So, they can't really take any preventative actions without risking getting rid of possible McCain supporters. (Because everyone will be claiming to support McCain). Confused?

Sounds like a lot of fun, really.

If there is another one of those entry questionaires: "Do you support John McCain", then this would be a good time to say YES.

A person can always change their mind to support Ron Paul at the last minute if the convention rules allow, right? ;)

I can imagine them trying to "out" RP supporters in every way imaginable.

Leroy_Jenkems
05-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Has anyone had any, er, experience with the St. Paul police? I would think that police in NY or DC are more trigger-happy and battle-scarred than the midwesterners in the St. Paul PD.

Our policy should be to go out of our way to make friends with police officers and show them politeness and respect.

All I can say is: everybody bring a camcorder and a "don't tase me bro!" t-shirt.

PatriotOne
05-17-2008, 07:23 PM
All I can say is: everybody bring a camcorder and a "don't tase me bro!" t-shirt.

All RP supporter wear a John McCain t-shirt under your clothes. When the tazes start flying rip off your top shirt and let them taze the snot out of the McCain supporters who weren't smart enough to know they needed to fly a flag for McCain.

Leroy_Jenkems
05-17-2008, 09:35 PM
All RP supporter wear a John McCain t-shirt under your clothes. When the tazes start flying rip off your top shirt and let them taze the snot out of the McCain supporters who weren't smart enough to know they needed to fly a flag for McCain.

Even better! :D