PDA

View Full Version : Conan O'Brien: "They're all Ron Paul people...a big bus load of them"

4RP08inKCMO
05-15-2008, 03:24 PM
If your not a fan of Late Night with Conan O'Brien then this is really insignificant, but last night during his monologue he started talking about Hillary doing well in West Virginia and when the crowd didn't cheer about it he said:

"The crowd not happy about that. They're all Ron Paul people...a big bus load of them...haven't got the word yet."

I think it was pretty funny even though it wasn't exactly positive. If you want to watch it, follow the link and click on Wednesday May 14. You can hear a couple of people cheer after he mentions Ron Paul. It happens in the first 2 minutes: http://www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/video/episodes.shtml.

So who's a fellow Conan O'Brien fan?

Sentient Void
05-15-2008, 03:28 PM
I think Conan is fucking hilarious. He's one of my favs.

Can't expect any late night ppl to "endorse" Paul, though. Blah.

crazyfingers
05-15-2008, 03:43 PM
I think Conan is fucking hilarious. He's one of my favs.

Can't expect any late night ppl to "endorse" Paul, though. Blah.

Back in '88 Letterman said he voted for him. Nothing from Dave this election cycle afaik though.

MRoCkEd
05-15-2008, 03:44 PM
well Jay Leno was very nice to him - having him on twice

jp5065
05-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Back in '88 Letterman said he voted for him. Nothing from Dave this election cycle afaik though.

I am pretty sure Letterman was joking when he said he voted for Paul, but hey, maybe he really did.

crazyfingers
05-15-2008, 03:52 PM
I am pretty sure Letterman was joking when he said he voted for Paul, but hey, maybe he really did.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mY5BZzOFtt4

He sounds like he's being pretty serious...I'm disappointed in how he treated the campaign this time around though. He may have wanted to promote him but was worried about potential backlash from it. Of course having him on didn't seem to hurt Leno. TBH it's probably not his fault as I doubt the campaign even tried to book him.

tnvoter
05-15-2008, 05:07 PM

no actually he was serious in the clip that I saw of him mentioning it.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Who was the 19 yr old college freshman who was elected mayor
in Oklahoma? Conan mentions him right about 5:50 into the show.

Sounds like a Ron Paul candidate to me!

RonPaulGuyEastWA
05-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Who was the 19 yr old college freshman who was elected mayor
in Oklahoma? Conan mentions him right about 5:50 into the show.

Sounds like a Ron Paul candidate to me!

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h_XqeK0mwVYALet1vAn8WLLifYFgD90L62IG0

U. of Okla. freshman, 19, elected mayor of Muskogee

1 day ago

MUSKOGEE, Okla. (AP) — A 19-year-old freshman at the University of Oklahoma was elected mayor Tuesday of Muskogee, a city of 38,000 in the northeastern part of the state.

With all precincts reporting, John Tyler Hammons won with 70 percent of the vote over former Mayor Hershel Ray McBride, said Muskogee County Election Board Secretary Bill Bull.

"The public placing their trust in me is the greatest, humbling and most awesome experience I've ever had in my life," said Hammons, who is from Muskogee but attends the university in Norman.

The two candidates squared off in a runoff election for the nonpartisan post after neither secured 50 percent of the vote in a six-person election April 1.

Hammons, who will be sworn in next week, said he plans to continue his college education but expects to transfer to a school closer to Muskogee.

"Being elected does not change my desire to continue my education," he said. "We will schedule our time in an appropriate fashion so that I can be mayor and stay in school."

Hammons replaces Wren Stratton, who decided not to seek re-election after one term.

The mayor leads the nine-member city council and serves as a voting member. Hammons said a key to his platform that resonated with voters was openness of government and keeping citizens better informed of city operations.

"I think that's been a detriment to the trust of the citizens of Muskogee," he said. "Once we have that trust, we can solve any other problem."

RideTheDirt
05-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Conan is great
I want to see Ron Paul on his show some time.I bet if we told Conan to have him on and if we all watched he would agree for the ratings!

fletcher
05-15-2008, 07:04 PM
well Jay Leno was very nice to him - having him on twice

Whenever I turn on the late night talk shows I always put on Jay. I used to only watch Letterman. :)

itshappening
05-15-2008, 07:45 PM

they need to get him on to discuss the book, they can play that clip from 88 and have a good interview... also, Letterman is smarter than he shows..

nodope0695
05-15-2008, 11:37 PM
I saw it too...and it was meant as a jab at the RP supporters, as if we're all morons who are stupid for not "falling in line" with the mainstream. Perhaps I'm reading a little too in between the lines, but I didn't appreciate it. Don't forget that Conan is a member of the establishment media, and not to be trusted. He, along with all MSM icons do as thier handlers tell them.

Conza88
05-16-2008, 12:55 AM
"We're sorry, the clip is not available at your location"

mther fkers! I thought this was the internet... :rolleyes:

Knightskye
05-16-2008, 02:09 AM
Conan sort of looks like B.J. Lawson.

http://media.chapelhillnews.com/smedia/2008/04/05/15/540-LAWSON1.NE.040208.HLL.embedded.prod_affiliate.34.J PG

rathskeller
05-16-2008, 02:16 AM
Conan is great
I want to see Ron Paul on his show some time.I bet if we told Conan to have him on and if we all watched he would agree for the ratings!

I would be willing to bet hat not one single person on these forums has a Nielsen Box..hence, no ratings increase.

Not to mention, Conan doesn't need to worry about ratings anymore. He has already received his last contract extension for Late Night.

rathskeller
05-16-2008, 02:18 AM
they need to get him on to discuss the book, they can play that clip from 88 and have a good interview... also, Letterman is smarter than he shows..

Letterman can't play any clips from his old show. He does not own the rights to Late Night. NBC does.

rathskeller
05-16-2008, 02:19 AM
I saw it too...and it was meant as a jab at the RP supporters, as if we're all morons who are stupid for not "falling in line" with the mainstream. Perhaps I'm reading a little too in between the lines, but I didn't appreciate it. Don't forget that Conan is a member of the establishment media, and not to be trusted. He, along with all MSM icons do as thier handlers tell them.

Overanalyzing and whining about jokes is a TERRIBLE way to influence people. Just to let you know.

Knightskye
05-16-2008, 02:32 AM
Overanalyzing and whining about jokes is a TERRIBLE way to influence people. Just to let you know.

If there already on this forum, do we really need to influence them?

Forums are for talking. Using petty insults against people isn't mature - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW.