PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Donate The Manifest To Their Library?

Dorfsmith
05-15-2008, 02:40 PM
I was wondering if they actually used it or tossed it in a box somewhere for their next book sale. I donated a copy to my library today and the librarian seemed a bit put out that I disturbed her. She said she couldn't promise that it would be used but if they can't use it they will sell it at their next book sale to buy books they can use :rolleyes:

Dorfsmith
05-15-2008, 02:41 PM
I also told her it was number one on the NYT Best Seller list and she looked at me like I was from mars :D

crazyfingers
05-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Wow that's a little ridiculous. I guess beggars can be choosers.

Oh wait libraries aren't beggars. They steal from the taxpayers to fund their operation.

I think I'll go ahead and try this anyway, though.

NightOwl
05-15-2008, 02:49 PM
I also told her it was number one on the NYT Best Seller list and she looked at me like I was from mars :D

That's why I've actually printed out the list and brought it with me (when I've gone to the local bookstore, for instance). Find it (in .pdf format) here: http://www.dailypaul.com/files/nyt-bsl2.pdf

Sentient Void
05-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I've purchased 5 additional copies of the book, they arrived today.

I have some friends and family that are open to his platform, but are a bit confused by it, naturally, and have just been hearing everything the media says about him and his platform to marginalize it all.

I am going to encourage them to pass it on if they like what they read.

I have written my name on the inside of each one, and will have them write their name as well. I'm encouraging them that if they like it, to pass it on and have the next person write their name as well.

Dorfsmith
05-15-2008, 03:36 PM
That's why I've actually printed out the list and brought it with me (when I've gone to the local bookstore, for instance). Find it (in .pdf format) here: http://www.dailypaul.com/files/nyt-bsl2.pdf

Great idea!