PDA

View Full Version : Why Hillary Stays In

Bradley in DC
05-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Why Hillary Stays In
(from the Ashbrook Institute)

A reader e-mailed this to me and I thought it worth passing along:

I think all this speculation about why Hillary stays in misses what she is ultimately about--making it more difficult for Obama to pick anyone but a woman for his VP--Sibelius of Kansas, maybe Napolitano of Arizona, or Missouri’s senator; surely not herself, that would be impossible for Obama, and she knows it. Thus, it would be a sign of the feminization of the party.

Of course this is not a disinterested act of feminist statesmanship. Such a black-female ticket would prove too exotic for America and surely be defeated. But the female VP would pave the way for a female nominee in four years. It would increase that longing.

So such a move is wonderful Machiavellian statesmanship; fortune is no longer a woman; necessity is.

brandon
05-15-2008, 02:33 PM
I disagree. I dont think Hillary cares about feminization of the party in the least bit. She is only concerned with one woman, and that is herself. She is staying in so she has leverage. She wont drop until Obama cuts her a good deal.

Truth Warrior
05-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Perhaps she is merely expecting last minute salvation from TPTB, for both herself and Bubba's 3rd term. :p :rolleyes:

phixion
05-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Perhaps she is merely expecting last minute salvation from TPTB, for both herself and Bubba's 3rd term. :p :rolleyes:

I still hold this belief to be true.

I'm hearing from all sides that it's impossible for her now, but, I don't buy it.

All it takes is a few wins, scandal on Obama to conveniantly break, and press spin, and she's the next president...... no?

Pete

Bradley in DC
05-15-2008, 02:45 PM
I disagree. I dont think Hillary cares about feminization of the party in the least bit. She is only concerned with one woman, and that is herself. She is staying in so she has leverage. She wont drop until Obama cuts her a good deal.

Brandon, re-read it: I suspect you're in agreement. ;)

brandon
05-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Brandon, re-read it: I suspect you're in agreement. ;)

Oh ok I see. That does make sence. I still dont see the democrats losing, regardless of who is on the ticket.

LittleLightShining
05-15-2008, 02:53 PM
I get your point, Bradley-- she's staying in to set herself up for the next election. I disagree. She's staying in until Obama gives her the VP nod. In order for them to win he HAS to choose her, otherwise her supporters are in large part going to go to McCain. (Just read an article about that yesterday, but I can't remember where, sorry). Once this is all set up, he is disposable and do not think for a minute a Ron Brown or JFK, Jr style ending isn't a likely possibility for Obama.

Truth Warrior
05-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Maybe there is an unknown Diebold, ace in the hole. :rolleyes:

acptulsa
05-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Once this is all set up, he is disposable and do not think for a minute a Ron Brown or JFK, Jr style ending isn't a likely possibility for Obama.

That would be awfully convenient, wouldn't it--especially since some of his supporters are bound to give them an excuse to declare martial law. Seems too obvious, though. I think a ploy that baldfaced would allow us to awaken people.

Bradley in DC
05-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I get your point, Bradley-- she's staying in to set herself up for the next election. I disagree. She's staying in until Obama gives her the VP nod. In order for them to win he HAS to choose her, otherwise her supporters are in large part going to go to McCain. (Just read an article about that yesterday, but I can't remember where, sorry). Once this is all set up, he is disposable and do not think for a minute a Ron Brown or JFK, Jr style ending isn't a likely possibility for Obama.

One, it's not my point--I just posted it.

Two, re-read it. I think you agree too. Except that she knows Obama won't pick her--she's setting herself up for four years and willing to tank him to get there (so goes the argument of the writer).

LittleLightShining
05-15-2008, 03:09 PM
That would be awfully convenient, wouldn't it--especially since some of his supporters are bound to give them an excuse to declare martial law. Seems too obvious, though. I think a ploy that baldfaced would allow us to awaken people.But by then it would be too late, wouldn't it? Seriously, aside from that fact that some housewife is predicting it, this is the most perfect scenario you could get.

Ok, let's walk through it. It doesn't matter when it happens. He could be useful to get folks poppin' and lockin' their way into the NAU. But ok, so Obama goes down. Who riots? Black people. This isn't in any way meant to be prejudiced. It's a fact. Well, of course martial law would have to be declared in order to squelch the violence. Patriots would resist. All the better Round em up and send them in those Oregon-built rail cars equipped with shackles to your nearest FEMA camp. Not enough police forces? National Guard too thin from service in Iraq and Afghanistan? Good thing they worked out that deal with the Canadian military. Oh wow! What a great thing that Canada was there to help us in our time of need. No NAU yet? Why not now?

That's just one way it could happen. But ultimately however it happens it will be way too late to wake people up. Way too late.

LittleLightShining
05-15-2008, 03:17 PM
One, it's not my point--I just posted it.

Two, re-read it. I think you agree too. Except that she knows Obama won't pick her--she's setting herself up for four years and willing to tank him to get there (so goes the argument of the writer).I meant "your" point in urging the re-reading. Sorry :o

I disagree, though. There really isn't anyone else he can pick and I highly doubt a woman of her character and experience will let this slip through her hands. The pressure is on.