PDA

View Full Version : Senator Jim Inhofe (R-OK) endorses FT this morning!

Roxi
08-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Inhofe endorsed Fred Thompson on KRMG this morning.

if you want to call and explain why this is a bad idea, or urge him to support RP feel free... please don't be rude.. sen imhofe is actually really decent guy and the other senatorial option is an evil evil man....

Tulsa Office: 918 748-5111
Washington DC Office: 202 224-4721

ARealConservative
08-23-2007, 01:34 PM
U.S. support for Israel
In a Senate speech, Inhofe said that America should base its Israel policy on the text of the Bible:

I believe very strongly that we ought to support Israel; that it has a right to the land. This is the most important reason: Because God said so. As I said a minute ago, look it up in the book of Genesis. It is right up there on the desk.

In Genesis 13:14–17, the Bible says:

The Lord said to Abram, "Lift up now your eyes, and look from the place where you are northward, and southward, and eastward and westward: for all the land which you see, to you will I give it, and to your seed forever. . . . Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it to thee." That is God talking.

The Bible says that Abram removed his tent and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar before the Lord. Hebron is in the West Bank. It is at this place where God appeared to Abram and said, "I am giving you this land — the West Bank". This is not a political battle at all. It is a contest over whether or not the word of God is true.

In March 2002, Inhofe also made a speech before the U.S. Senate that included the explicit suggestion that the 9/11 attacks were a form of divine retribution against the U.S. for failing to defend Israel. In his words: "One of the reasons I believe the spiritual door was opened for an attack against the United States of America is that the policy of our Government has been to ask the Israelis, and demand it with pressure, not to retaliate in a significant way against the terrorist strikes that have been launched against them."[24]

--------------------

I don't want his endorsement - he is an idiot

micahnelson
08-23-2007, 01:34 PM
well he must have made a simple mistake. Fred Thompson isn't running for president.

UCFGavin
08-23-2007, 01:35 PM
U.S. support for Israel
In a Senate speech, Inhofe said that America should base its Israel policy on the text of the Bible:

I believe very strongly that we ought to support Israel; that it has a right to the land. This is the most important reason: Because God said so. As I said a minute ago, look it up in the book of Genesis. It is right up there on the desk.

In Genesis 13:14–17, the Bible says:

The Lord said to Abram, "Lift up now your eyes, and look from the place where you are northward, and southward, and eastward and westward: for all the land which you see, to you will I give it, and to your seed forever. . . . Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it to thee." That is God talking.

The Bible says that Abram removed his tent and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar before the Lord. Hebron is in the West Bank. It is at this place where God appeared to Abram and said, "I am giving you this land — the West Bank". This is not a political battle at all. It is a contest over whether or not the word of God is true.

In March 2002, Inhofe also made a speech before the U.S. Senate that included the explicit suggestion that the 9/11 attacks were a form of divine retribution against the U.S. for failing to defend Israel. In his words: "One of the reasons I believe the spiritual door was opened for an attack against the United States of America is that the policy of our Government has been to ask the Israelis, and demand it with pressure, not to retaliate in a significant way against the terrorist strikes that have been launched against them."[24]

--------------------

I don't want his endorsement - he is an idiot

yeah....good luck trying to get an endorsement from that...

kylejack
08-23-2007, 01:37 PM
well he must have made a simple mistake. Fred Thompson isn't running for president.
Yes, what's the point in endorsing some actor on Law & Order who is not running for President?

devil21
08-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Colbert did a great job of calling FT out as a campaign cheater last nite. Must be nice to avoid reporting your donations while still showing up at straw polls and gaining endorsements. That guy has to be breaking election laws! Why doesnt anyone do anything about it!?!?

JoshLowry
08-23-2007, 01:45 PM
That guy has to be breaking election laws! Why doesnt anyone do anything about it!?!?

This guy has: http://newsfortheleft.blogspot.com/2007/08/fec-complaint-filed-against-fred.html

trispear
08-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Laws don't count for Fred Thompson. He just wants to show that he'll carry on with Bush's tradition - business as usual.

1000-points-of-fright
08-23-2007, 01:59 PM
U.S. support for Israel

I have no problem with people legislating according to their beliefs, but if you believe God said "Thou shall not steal", at least recognize that it's not just some arbitrary rule he made up for no reason. It's because stealing creates conflict and disrupts society.

These religious politicians need to explain it in terms of the rational, real life cost/benefit to society. "Because God said so" is not something on which to base law and foreign policy.

SWATH
08-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Laws don't count for Fred Thompson. He just wants to show that he'll carry on with Bush's tradition - business as usual.

As demonstrated by his fondness of and willingness to appear on camera with cuban cigars in his mouth