PDA

View Full Version : For whom will you vote in 2008?

Perry
05-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Election time is here.

yongrel
05-15-2008, 11:06 AM
I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the proper grammar in your title.

Michael Ingram
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

A Ron Paul Rebel
please quit with all of these type of threads!!!

Michael Ingram
05-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Oh yes, great grammar in the title.

Kotin
05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
If no Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin.

crazyfingers
05-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Voted Barr even though the choice should probably just be "whoever the LP nominee is".

Alex Libman
05-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Whoever the LP will nominate (http://www.lp.org/libertydecides/). I'm still hoping it will be Mary Ruwart, but if it's Bob Barr then, well, you know the saying - one shouldn't let "perfect" become the enemy of "good". (And neither McCain nor Clinton / Obama fit my criteria of "good".)

Writing in Ron Paul's name will be as good as not voting in most states... A vote for the LP candidate, on the other hand, is an investment in the future, a show of strength we can build upon in 2012, 2016, 2020, etc...

fr33domfightr
05-15-2008, 01:11 PM
For the time being, I'm planning on writing in Ron Paul in the General Election. I do hope, however, we can all come to a consensus and vote for one candidate.

If Bob Barr gets the nomination from the LP, then I'll probably vote for him. Again, I'd still want us all to vote as a block and bring as many voters as we can. It's the only way to get a win for our country.

FF

Perry
05-15-2008, 01:17 PM
For the time being, I'm planning on writing in Ron Paul in the General Election. I do hope, however, we can all come to a consensus and vote for one candidate.

If Bob Barr gets the nomination from the LP, then I'll probably vote for him. Again, I'd still want us all to vote as a block and bring as many voters as we can. It's the only way to get a win for our country.

FF

Barr & Baldwin are both half a Ron Paul. I don't think it's possible to un-split this vote. That is...absent Ron Paul.

Kludge
05-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Mary Ruwart. To protest the tragedy which is the OP's failure to name her, I vote Hillary Clinton.

NewFederalist
05-16-2008, 07:27 AM
I won't know until after the LP convention. Either Chuck Baldwin or the LP nominee. I will not vote for McCain or Obama in any event. I would heartily vote for Ron Paul if he is on the ballot in some fashion but I will not write him in because there is a very high probability the vote would not be counted.

soapmistress
05-16-2008, 08:19 AM
I can't answer this question yet.

Bison
05-16-2008, 09:17 AM
I'll be voting for Chuck Baldwin.

libertyVI
05-17-2008, 12:18 PM
I'll be living in Michigan by election time, so I'll get to vote... If the LP nominates someone other than Barr or WAR (or Gravel) I will vote for their nominee. That pretty much just leaves Ruwart though, so there's a strong chance I'll vote for Baldwin.

The LP and CP are on the ballot in Michigan, so I'll have some choices.

Libertarian_Rebel
05-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Well I was going with Barr after seeing alot of his youtube vids, sounded sincere to me but then AJ says he's not fooled by Barr and I know AJ flys off the handle a bit, but I do trust his judgemet on who is the best man to END the estalishement's power. After hearing Baldwin I do like what he wants to do bring back the real America. Our goal is to get our roots back and should NOT be a popularity contest that divides our numbers up :eek:

countrykidz4freedom
05-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Ron Paul all the way!!!Just hope we are given the option of a write in on the ballot. From what I understand, there is a process to go thru, (ahead of time) in order for the write ins to be counted.

fr33domfightr
05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
...After hearing Baldwin I do like what he wants to do bring back the real America. Our goal is to get our roots back and should NOT be a popularity contest that divides our numbers up :eek:

LR,

Real America probably did have strong christian values, but as you also know the government isn't supposed to prefer one religion over another. If dems were to paint Baldwin as part of the moral majority, that could have negative connotations, causing him to lose votes. I wouldn't vote for someone based on popularity, but the candidate that is more well known probably has a better chance than someone that isn't well known. Someone that seems acceptable to a wide range of people also has the best chance of winning. I'd give up some things if the candidate has a good shot at winning. People really like to vet the candidates, so if you're somewhat of an unknown to the masses, your chances are diminished.

I'll be watching what comes out of the Libertarian National Convention in the coming days. If Barr gets the nomination I'll be inclined to vote for him, but I'll still hold judgement until after the Republican National Convention in St. Paul (in September).

FF

Libertarian_Rebel
05-22-2008, 10:57 AM
LR,

Real America probably did have strong christian values, but as you also know the government isn't supposed to prefer one religion over another. If dems were to paint Baldwin as part of the moral majority, that could have negative connotations, causing him to lose votes. I wouldn't vote for someone based on popularity, but the candidate that is more well known probably has a better chance than someone that isn't well known. Someone that seems acceptable to a wide range of people also has the best chance of winning. I'd give up some things if the candidate has a good shot at winning. People really like to vet the candidates, so if you're somewhat of an unknown to the masses, your chances are diminished.

I'll be watching what comes out of the Libertarian National Convention in the coming days. If Barr gets the nomination I'll be inclined to vote for him, but I'll still hold judgement until after the Republican National Convention in St. Paul (in September).

FF

I agree with you 110% freedom! Everthing you just said is very true and most will NOT vote for a nobody in the politcial arena. Name reconigtion is important. It just that I've read threads about Barr and some members here just seem to think he's a phoney and has hijacked RP's platform. Does make one think a bit aloud

I for one am NOT giving up on RP but considering the next alternative. Do I think Barr is a phoney? Honestly I can't be sure, but I can say this HE is NOT the same man touting marijuana is EVIL. Trust me when I tell you if there was 1 politican I hated with a passion it was BARR, especially when he wanted to lock up smokers/growers, destroy thier lives and throw away the key! No empathy for good responsible citizens who incognito grow/smoke marijuana and who are terrified of LEO's coming to get them to destory their lives and loved ones lives as well

Barr's youtube vids sound sincere and convincing but for all we know COULD be a wolf in RP clothing. There are some that feel he can't be trusted and need to rally behind Baldwin instead. My concern is this Barr/ Baldwin debate is going to divide our great numbers to where both 3rd parties are not actually going to stand even the slightest chance of pulling a huge upset and none of 3 stooges get into power. I think we all agree that we don't "want" them to get it, but what we "want" and what we are "going to get" are two different things.

Yea, I WANT Ron Paul to be the man but honestly unless a miracle ordindained by the big man happens we are not going to have Ron Paul as POTUS we know we can trust. So then there's alternatives to ponder and I feel as if we can't collectively decide on 1 person to be our alternative RP and STOP NWO establishment from implementing their full agenda we may not have "another" election cycle and begin their NAU dictatorship. So while I'd like to say "We will pick up the pieces again in 2012 as we work to retake the republican party back" there very well may not even be the oppurtunity to do this. Kinda like a NOW or NEVER suitation we might be facing:eek: It really is something to consider as a possibilty and not to be dismissed as doom talk

pahs1994
05-22-2008, 12:28 PM
I don't like Barr but if there is any chance for me to vote for him it would be if he locks up the LP and somehow they work out a deal with the CP and Chuck Baldwin. Barr/Baldwin Baldwin/Barr and consolidate all of our votes. Then they can get the money flowing in and atleast push to steal a state or two if we are lucky. I read that Barr is already polling at 8% in GA and i don't even think he is the nominee yet. Chances of actually winning are probably 0.00001% but it is a better chance then just writing in Paul because we all know Paul will not be advertising at all and only certain states count the write-ins

MRoCkEd
05-22-2008, 12:33 PM
i agree about a barr/baldwin LP ticket

fr33domfightr
05-22-2008, 04:34 PM
I for one am NOT giving up on RP but considering the next alternative. Do I think Barr is a phoney? Honestly I can't be sure, but I can say this HE is NOT the same man touting marijuana is EVIL. Trust me when I tell you if there was 1 politican I hated with a passion it was BARR, especially when he wanted to lock up smokers/growers, destroy thier lives and throw away the key! No empathy for good responsible citizens who incognito grow/smoke marijuana and who are terrified of LEO's coming to get them to destory their lives and loved ones lives as well.

Barr's youtube vids sound sincere and convincing but for all we know COULD be a wolf in RP clothing. like a NOW or NEVER suitation we might be facing:eek: It really is something to consider as a possibilty and not to be dismissed as doom talk.

As far as Barr's past, I'm not too familiar with him. I'll take your word on his past position for the time being. It does make me question him though, as we need to understand any flip-flopping. I don't agree with the drug war either and the governments' past actions have shown us they want to micro manage our lives or they think they need to protect us. I don't like nanny government like that, so it's something we need to verify on his position and how strongly he now holds it.

His past is a double-edged sword. Republicans may like his past, although we may not. This might actually help pull in Republicans to his campaign.

FF

Libertarian_Rebel
05-22-2008, 09:42 PM
something we need to verify on his position and how strongly he now holds it.

FF

Yea we do need to be sure on his positions NOW as opposed to his past neo con ways. Kinda like to time to hold his feet to the fire or forget about the RP voters attitude. I for one don't see how he could be a "libertarian" if he doesn't have the principals of a libertarian in the first place, unless again its a total ruse to begin with.....:rolleyes:

Madison
05-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Ron Paul.