PDA

View Full Version : McCain: Most Troops Will Be Home by 2013

0zzy
05-15-2008, 10:51 AM
“By January 2013, America has welcomed home most of the servicemen and women who have sacrificed terribly so that America might be secure in her freedom,’’ Mr. McCain said at the Columbus Convention Center. “The Iraq War has been won. Iraq is a functioning democracy, although still suffering from the lingering effects of decades of tyranny and centuries of sectarian tension. Violence still occurs, but it is spasmodic and much reduced.’’

Mcain Troops May Be Home By 2013 (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/15/mccain-troops-may-be-home-by-2013/")

Trying to get the Paul votes so there is no disorder? won't work.

yongrel
05-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Notorious G.O.P.

Bring on the pain, McCain!

drpiotrowski
05-15-2008, 11:12 AM
"By January 2013... The Iraq war has been won. Iraq is a functioning democracy"

McWar is in an absolute dreamworld if he actually believes that. There is no way in hell that Iraq will be a functioning democracy by 2013, for that matter, anytime in the next century. The majority might govern the way they want to, but it certainly won't be a democracy. Do people actually believe his bullshit?

FrankRep
05-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Those troops will be sent to Iran.

:(

Leroy_Jenkems
05-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Liar.

orafi
05-15-2008, 12:00 PM
I mean, considering those bastards in DC want Iraq to become a functioning US colony, the troops will technically be at home : \

newyearsrevolution08
05-15-2008, 12:03 PM
The troops need to SAY NO. They need to uphold the constitution as well. Do a mass military walkout. If we keep giving them soldiers to use for their "progress" they will never stop.

NaT805
05-15-2008, 01:17 PM
There is no way in hell that Iraq will be a functioning democracy by 2013

You misread, he claims that it is a functioning democracy.

Redmenace
05-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Wait what happened to the whole no time tables for withdrawl. I seem to recall a very boring 20 minute exchange between Romney and McCain at one of the debates on this very subject.

Kludge
05-15-2008, 01:58 PM
5 years too late :rolleyes:

1000-points-of-fright
05-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Ooh, where can I get a crystal ball of my own??

Violence still occurs, but it is spasmodic and much reduced.’’

Spasmodic? Seriously. Does he even know what that means?

The United States, Mr. McCain added, “maintains a military presence there, but a much smaller one, and it does not play a direct combat role.’’

Just an indirect role which would still make them targets which means casualties which tosses his whole "as long as we aren't taking casualties" theory out the window.

FYI: McCain's no casualty theory = We can stay forever as long as we aren't taking casualties and we're going to take as many casualties for as long as we need to get to that point.

crazyfingers
05-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Hey that's quicker than with Obama!

LOL Ron Paul is the only one who is not a liar.

Truth Warrior
05-15-2008, 03:53 PM
When did Bubba say that the troops in Kosovo would be home by? Are they? :rolleyes: :p

HOLLYWOOD
05-15-2008, 04:02 PM
5 years too late :rolleyes:

What does McLieberman care... He'll be dead before 2013

Ah, isn't it, 10 YEARS TOO LATE?

U.S. Senator McTeenSouthCarolina needs to send all his family and relatives to the Iraqi front lines and then, we'll see how long he wants to Wage War. John McCain is a Pandering Used Car Salesmen with plenty of GOP and Zionist "LIPSTICK".

Now he's touting the CONSTITUTION and Civil Liberties like he did at Wake Forest University? John McAmnesty McCain is TRULY INSANE!

RSLudlum
05-15-2008, 04:23 PM
[quote]Quote:
Violence still occurs, but it is spasmodic and much reduced.’’

Spasmodic? Seriously. Does he even know what that means?[\quote]

LOL...maybe he meant 'sporadic"? Give 'em a break he doesn't write the speeches! :rolleyes:

Grimnir Wotansvolk
05-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I nearly burst a vessel when I saw this on the news.

Five fucking years?

Five?

I'd even settle for one year (I tend to disagree with Paul on pulling right out...we owe the iraqi people so much), but less than five years will probably carry us into the next depression.

DirtMcGirt
05-17-2008, 10:27 PM
2013 thats a perfect date for Mclalame to say, if he would win a first term he still would not have to bring everyone home, then voted in for second he'll be 8o years old and it wont be his fault...