PDA

View Full Version : RNC mailings get Ron-Pauled

ddoggphx
05-15-2008, 04:45 AM
So I got a mailing today from McCain's crew. They want money to help fight the evil democrats. Well, they are, right?

So I take the envelope, and put in one of my leftover Ron Paul handouts and put it in the "oh, send us money for the 'Great and Wonderful Party Friend John McCain' lest the evil Barack Hussein Obama wins the election and forces blah blah blah upon us" response envelope.

How many other people are putting these Ron Paul slips in the "paid for by the RNC" envelopes?

The more of us that do this...the more they feel the RP backlash.

Do it. Do it.

Conza88
05-15-2008, 05:15 AM
Just not if you're a state or national delegate... ;)

Change
05-15-2008, 05:31 AM
So cool! Great Idea!

FrankRep
05-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Great idea. Next time I get a letter I'll enclose a Ron Paul slim jim!

RNC is flooding me with letters asking for money. Kind of annoying.

FindLiberty
05-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Been doin' that all along...

I've sent SEVERAL RP business cards via GOP prepaid return envelopes and I think
I even put a stamp on ONE of them just to show that I'm not ALL bad!

For best impact, use their expensive reply mail - it gives your message so much more "value".

As they run low on cash, they'll just send out more solicitations... go figure.

Dorfsmith
05-15-2008, 08:27 AM
I've beed doing it for a while too :D The Republicans tend to spam a lot. Everything from Republican surveys to McCain fundraisers to Republican fundraisers. They all get a nice Republican slim jim with Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan and in the part where they ask for money I say "Sorry, I already gave all my money to Ron Paul." Then they get to pay the postage in their nice little return envelope.

That's the main reason I'm staying a Republican right now. I'm having so much fun Ron Pauling them. Also Ron Pauled the NRA a couple weeks ago.

Leroy_Jenkems
05-15-2008, 06:48 PM
They've sent me several very pretensively-worded surveys about whether I agree with the "Pelosi Democrats' " plan to spend money on this and push agendas on that - I replied by enclosing an excerpt of George Washington's Farewell Address of 1796 warning about "political party passion," and for the sender to ask themselves if they're part of the solution, or part of the problem. Highly idealistic and impractical to them, I know, but screw it.

Political parties, as George Washington put it, are a distraction from the real issues. People get too caught up in the back-and-forth with the "other side."

RSLudlum
05-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Tuesday, I got a Bush Tax Cuts survey from the Heritage Foundation, I filled it out complete with sidenotes, inserted a RP tax slim-jim with his proposals highlighted, and sent it off at their expense. ;)

The Lantern
05-15-2008, 07:22 PM
So I got a mailing today from McCain's crew. They want money to help fight the evil democrats. Well, they are, right?

So I take the envelope, and put in one of my leftover Ron Paul handouts and put it in the "oh, send us money for the 'Great and Wonderful Party Friend John McCain' lest the evil Barack Hussein Obama wins the election and forces blah blah blah upon us" response envelope.

How many other people are putting these Ron Paul slips in the "paid for by the RNC" envelopes?

The more of us that do this...the more they feel the RP backlash.

Do it. Do it.

I got a fundraising letter from the President. I put some Ron Paul slim jims in and mailed it back.

I would like to know more about these evil democrats. McCain said in a speech that he would be bipartisan and appoint democrats to cabinet positions. If democrats are so evil why is McCain in bed with them?

slacker921
05-15-2008, 07:29 PM
I send them blank signature sheets to get the Libertarian candidates on the NC ballot. I figure I'll let them know where my vote will most likely be going.

angelatc
05-15-2008, 07:40 PM
I always cram a bunch of folded papers in the envelope, so they'll have to go through it carefully looking for a check.

Pauliana
05-15-2008, 07:45 PM
this is a fantastic idea

RSLudlum
05-15-2008, 07:48 PM
I always cram a bunch of folded papers in the envelope, so they'll have to go through it carefully looking for a check.

if you send a check, write For A Ron Paul Presidency!, End the IRS, End the FED, End the Empire, etc... in the memo/for line ;)

thrillhouse
05-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Do they send you a prepaid envelope?

Tape it to a brick and mail it to them.

RSLudlum
05-15-2008, 08:22 PM

LMAO,,,make it a lead brick! :D

MRoCkEd
05-15-2008, 08:24 PM
send them half a 100 dollar bill
"I'll give you the other half if your nominee is not mccain"

angelatc
05-15-2008, 08:30 PM

http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/bulkmailer/ - here's step-by-step instructions, with pictures too.

freelance
05-16-2008, 06:25 AM

That's exactly my thought!