PDA

View Full Version : Look what Arizona is up to!

freelance
05-15-2008, 03:51 AM
I know this doesn't belong here, but at least let people see this before moving.

Arizona HCR2034 - 442R (2000) Abolish and re-establish the federal government if the current federal government oversteps its authority:

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/legtext/44leg/2r/bills/hcr2034p.htm

WOW! I wonder if this will catch on like the Real ID revolt?

The governors are the few in government who know what it means to "reach across the aisle" and work together. Just let your mind ponder on this and then let it wander. I wonder if the states vs. the feds will have a showdown long before Congress ever exerts its authority as a co-equal branch of government.

american.swan
05-15-2008, 04:01 AM
I know this doesn't belong here, but at least let people see this before moving.

Arizona HCR2034 - 442R (2000) Abolish and re-establish the federal government if the current federal government oversteps its authority:

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/legtext/44leg/2r/bills/hcr2034p.htm

WOW! I wonder if this will catch on like the Real ID revolt?

The governors are the few in government who know what it means to "reach across the aisle" and work together. Just let your mind ponder on this and then let it wander. I wonder if the states vs. the feds will have a showdown long before Congress ever exerts its authority as a co-equal branch of government.

I suggest everyone get a hold of their state reps and get their state to pass this kind of bill, but I think it needs to be more firm. It seems watered down like this is what we "want", not what we ourselves AZ will do.

ddoggphx
05-15-2008, 05:30 AM
too bad the gov is a liberal wretch in AZ.

SteveMartin
05-15-2008, 05:52 AM
I'll see if we can get this passed in Aroostook County, Maine and forwarded to Augusta. If it passes, I can force its consideration on the State Committee of the Republican Party now, as I was recently elected to that.

Sarge
05-15-2008, 06:38 AM
I tell ya people are waking up.

Proud to be from AZ right now. Now it just needs to pass.

Crickett
05-15-2008, 06:41 AM
I tell ya people are waking up.

Proud to be from AZ right now. Now it just needs to pass.

Well, being as it was made 8 years ago, seems chances of that are slim. I think it is important to find out who wrote and sponsored that bill. Maybe you can help bring it to the forefront.

Sarge
05-15-2008, 07:05 AM
I didn't catch that it was an old bill. I will do some checking.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
05-15-2008, 07:09 AM
Other states have said other things. Vermont? Some other New England state?

People know they are being lied to by politicians that never balance budgets but states have to every year.

The Airport in Phoenix, Sky Harbor, years ago decided that it was not going to continue to do escalated Security checks on yellow or even orange Federal Homeland security days.

The feds are crazy and are trying to spread crazy throughout the government.

hopeforamerica
05-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Yes it is 8 years old. Karen Johnson sponsored the bill. Karen is one of Ron Paul's supporters here. Too bad she is retiring! She is great!

freelance
05-15-2008, 09:47 AM
I didn't catch that it was an old bill. I will do some checking.

I didn't either, but given the national Real ID revolt and the fact that governors from coast to coast are FURIOUS at the encroachment of the Feds...

The feds are crazy and are trying to spread crazy throughout the government.

Sounds like an achievable goal, but I think that public is full up on crazy right now. No telling how many people have Keith Olbermann's freak out last night. I don't care what you think of him or what his motivation, that was some fine television.

rathskeller
05-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Again...I love it when people acknolwedge that they think that they are better than everyone else by knowingly posting an off-topic post just so some people can get to see it before it gets moved.

freelance
05-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Again...I love it when people acknolwedge that they think that they are better than everyone else by knowingly posting an off-topic post just so some people can get to see it before it gets moved.

Glad I could make your day. Oh, and welcome aboard.