PDA

View Full Version : ALERT: Texas delegate phone call programm - totally messed up !!!

maxmerkel
08-23-2007, 01:05 PM
problem solved.

if you take part in the call taxas programm don't forget to record any contact you make (personal/machine) in the advokit software !!

otherwise the poor texan delegates will be called hundreds of times... and their answering machines will - i dont't even want to think about it ;)

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-23-2007, 01:08 PM
They don't use a spreadsheet. Didn't you get login information from Chuck Young? You have to read those emails. They tell you exactly what to do.

Chuck has a really good thing going with the Advokit program. 100 times more efficient than a spreadsheet.

maxmerkel
08-23-2007, 01:10 PM
i'm not calling, i live in germany ;)
i'm busy burning ron paul audio cd's and printing flyers. i plan to distribute them this weekend near the military base in my region :)

i'm glad to hear that everything is going well !

wgadget
08-23-2007, 01:14 PM
I know your frustration...All the calls I made were duplicate calls. They said they had just gotten a call 30 minutes ago..

So I quit.

:(

Akus
08-23-2007, 01:17 PM
This right there is why I almost stopped calling Iowans.
This is why I am not participating in the Texas straw poll call up.

LibertyEagle
08-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Great ATTITUDE, guys!!!!!

Just QUIT! Yeah, that's the ticket. When everything doesn't go smoothly.... JUST QUIT!

Could I ask you, wgadget... Did you call either Chuck or Robert and tell them about the problem you were having, before you just called it quits?

maxmerkel
08-23-2007, 01:29 PM
yeah, quitting is not the right thing to do !

i think the problem could be: maybe not all callers record a "contact" (in advokit) after they reached someone.
- so advokit gives out the number again.

solution: make advokit give out a number only twice if all other numbers have already been given out before ! regardless of a successful contact or not !
(and inform the users better ;) ALWAYS record the according contact - person/answering machine )

could somebody get in contact with chuck (by phone) and try to sort this out?

wgadget
08-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Great ATTITUDE, guys!!!!!

Just QUIT! Yeah, that's the ticket. When everything doesn't go smoothly.... JUST QUIT!

Could I ask you, wgadget... Did you call either Chuck or Robert and tell them about the problem you were having, before you just called it quits?

I emailed my three contact people and still haven't heard back. I was willing to start up again after the problem was fixed, but I'm not going to be making harassing phone calls in the name of our candidate.

I know I would be peeved if it happened to me.

Don't worry, I'm doing *other* things more suitable to my personality. I was somewhat guilted into doing it in the first place.

LibertyEagle
08-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Here has been the problem. PEOPLE ARE NOT FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS!

After a call has been made, they must indicate so IN ADVOKIT. If they do not, the software cannot simply read people's minds. You MUST make a comment.

It is critically important that if you actually talk to a delegate that you hit the "Add a Task" button to record a contact.

The other thing that sometimes occurs is that both husband and spouse are on the list. So, you may make a repeat call, do to that.

Now, is NOT the time to quit. Please keep calling.

DeadheadForPaul
08-23-2007, 01:54 PM

After a call has been made, they must indicate so IN ADVOKIT. If they do not, the software cannot simply read people's minds. You MUST make a comment.

It is critically important that if you actually talk to a delegate that you hit the "Add a Task" button to record a contact.

The other thing that sometimes occurs is that both husband and spouse are on the list. So, you may make a repeat call, do to that.

ding ding ding

maxmerkel
08-23-2007, 01:57 PM
ok, thats what i thought !

so could you get in contact with chuck again, and ask him if it is possible to setup the software so that it gives out a number only twice if it has given out all other numbers before ? (this would prevent the 30minute double call problem if someone forgot to record a contact - it would of course happen (the double call), but only after some weeks ...)

if the software has to be modified for this, i could give it a try...

LibertyEagle
08-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Don't worry, I'm doing *other* things more suitable to my personality. I was somewhat guilted into doing it in the first place.

I don't think cold calling people is exactly any of our preferences. However, if we want to WIN, we're all going to need to step outside of our comfort zones.

You know, I doubt going around campaigning in the heat with her husband, is exactly Carol Paul's idea of a fun time either. I especially would imagine ending up having to get a pacemaker in a state far away from her home, was a little out of HER comfort zone too!

If we want to keep our freedom, we're going to actually have to WORK for it and be willing to get out of our comfort zones to do it too.

ARGGHHHHH!!!

0zzy
08-23-2007, 01:59 PM

People don't know how to use the computer :[[.

LibertyEagle
08-23-2007, 02:02 PM
ok, thats what i thought !

so could you get in contact with chuck again, and ask him if it is possible to setup the software so that it gives out a number only twice if it has given out all other numbers before ?

if the software has to be modified for this, i could give it a try...

No. Chuck is very busy. And the people doing the most work calling are not having any problems. As usual, only a very small percentage of the people end up doing the work. The rest, ...

You know, you actually could call and if you by chance happen to get someone who has been called before, you could just apologize and then hang up. It doesn't have to become a traumatic experience.

Then, go on to the next call.

Note: Thus far, I have only called ONE person who has been called before. ONE.

maxmerkel
08-23-2007, 02:02 PM
People don't know how to use the computer :[[.

don't be so mean, think about the "granny warriors" ;)

maxmerkel
08-23-2007, 02:11 PM
No. Chuck is very busy. And the people doing the most work calling are not having any problems. As usual, only a very small percentage of the people end up doing the work. The rest, ...

You know, you actually could call and if you by chance happen to get someone who has been called before, you could just apologize and then hang up. It doesn't have to become a traumatic experience.

Then, go on to the next call.

Note: Thus far, I have only called ONE person who has been called before. ONE.

i'm in germany, calling texans would certainly kill my stundent bank account ;)

i just wanted to bring this problem to attention because some people apparently already quit this program... i didn't want to be rude or critisize anyone !

after all it's good we discussed this, becaus any possible caller should now know how to handle the software ;)

LibertyEagle
08-23-2007, 02:15 PM
No Max, what you did was to start a new thread, warning people off from participating in the Call Texas Program. Then, you proceeded to post your disinformation BS in other threads.

I don't know what your deal is or whether you are even a supporter of Ron Paul at all. But, your negative comments and apparent effort to get people to shut down this effort are not appreciated, nor are they welcome!

Please back off!

Note: Let's look at what you named this thread...

"ALERT: Texas delegate phone call programm - totally f)§$ed up !!!! "

Oh, I left out your cute little angry icon, didn't I?

Go away, Max!!

maxmerkel
08-23-2007, 02:27 PM
No Max, what you did was to start a new thread, warning people off from participating in the Call Texas Program. Then, you proceeded to post your disinformation BS in other threads.

i didn't want to "warn" people from participating, i wanted to raise attention to this problem that was mentioned in another thread and get it sorted out.

I don't know what your deal is or whether you are even a supporter of Ron Paul at all. But, your negative comments and apparent effort to get people to shut down this effort are not appreciated, nor are they welcome!

Note: Let's look at what you named this thread...

Oh, I left out your cute little angry icon, didn't I?

Go away, Max!!

the headline was a bit over the top, sorry.
again - i didn't want to shut down anything, Akus (hopefully) meant he stopped calling because of all the duplicates he got, not because of me, in that case this thread would have served its purpose in solving this problem.

LibertyEagle
08-23-2007, 02:36 PM
I had already posted about this up in the thread about the calling program. There was no need for you to do this, Max. Especially, since you have even said you are not participating in it.

Your only reason could have been to cause trouble and get people to stop calling. And you didn't only post this crap here, you posted it up in the stickied thread.

I think you are a TROLL, Max. Yes, that is what I think.

wgadget
08-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Gosh, Liberty, although I understand your frustration, please understand the frustration of the people we're calling who are receiving multiple calls, as well as us the callers. I took up the job in good faith, stepping out of my comfort zone, only to find that 2 out of 4 (known) calls were repeats. That's a bad track record in my book. And I'm assuming that the other two calls were similar, but in those cases, I just left a message.

I did read and understand the instructions, and understood that some response was supposed to be made. It's obvious that whoever called FIRST didn't get it....

Also, in good faith, I posted the problem to each of the three facilitators and have not YET received a reply.

The frustration runs both ways, so please get a grip.

LibertyEagle
08-23-2007, 02:42 PM
If you want to talk to Chuck.... CALL HIM ON THE PHONE. It takes a grand total of about 5 seconds. Stop whining and do it.

Brasil Branco
08-23-2007, 02:42 PM
I had already posted about this up in the thread about the calling program. There was no need for you to do this, Max. Especially, since you have even said you are not participating in it.

Your only reason could have been to cause trouble and get people to stop calling. And you didn't only post this crap here, you posted it up in the stickied thread.

I think you are a TROLL, Max. Yes, that is what I think.

Come off. If Max was in Texas he'd call. I'd call.

He just thought things weren't going well and wanted to bring it to the spotlight. There's not much we can do in the sidelines, and I'm sorry if we "get in the way".

Just remember we're in this together- no reason to get snappy.

LibertyEagle
08-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Brasil,

You most certainly do not get in the way. Nor, are you the same person as Max.

Starting a doomsday thread does nothing to fix a problem. All it does is scare people off or give others who would rather not step out of their comfort zones to participate anyway, the excuse that they were looking for.

I have posted Chuck's number at least twice. You also get it when you receive emails from him. So, if someone has a problem, then why aren't you trying to get it resolved by either calling him, if you're in the states and if you are not and think you have a remedy, emailing him? Coming on this message board and screaming that the sky is falling, does nothing to remedy the problem at all. All it does is shut down action.

THAT is what I am frustrated about.

LibertyEagle
08-23-2007, 02:58 PM

Apparently, some of the people making the calls were not following instructions and did not indicate, in the software, that they had made the call. This has been cleaned up as much as possible. Please move forward making the calls and try not to compound the problem by doing the same thing. You MUST indicate that you made the call in the software.

If you by chance get someone who has been called, just apologize and move on.

C'mon people. We might actually be able to WIN this straw poll. Chuck told me that about 5000 out of the 17000 delegates who need to be called, have been. We have a lot of work to do. Please help.

Dustancostine
08-23-2007, 03:00 PM
If anyone is having trouble pm me. I am a team leader for this and might can help. I talked to Chuck the first day. He did not write this software and he hates it, but it is the best that they have at the moment and they cannot change it. The problem is being caused by people not noting what they did on their calling then saving it. There is nothing anyone can do but to try to get the word out to the people that are calling (Callers have received a message from Chuck, just about every day about this) and be polite and move on if someone has already been called. Keep calling we need to do well in this straw poll.

--Dustan

foofighter20x
08-23-2007, 03:04 PM
If the problem is resolved, then I'm closing this...