PDA

View Full Version : What we need is a NEW party...The Conservative Liberty Party

wgadget
05-14-2008, 08:12 PM
And we need Ron Paul to be its first candidate.

:D

Kludge
05-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Ron Paul will not leave the GOP. Why leave the already large and established Libertarian Party?

JosephTheLibertarian
05-14-2008, 08:13 PM
lol. nice pipe dream

Kotin
it is not possible.

Akus
And we need Ron Paul to be it's first candidate.

:D
[Charlie Daniels' band] What this world needs is a few more rednecks...[/Charlie Daniels' band]

yongrel
05-14-2008, 08:15 PM
The list of Irrelevant Political Parties just got one name longer.

airborne373
05-14-2008, 08:15 PM
What?

All this third party, leave the Republican Party, start a new party is completely non-productive BS!

Conza88
05-14-2008, 08:17 PM
I used tooo insanely for a third party run. That was before I knew RP would lose his seat.

Seriously, what we need to do is - Stay and PISS OFF the GOP. (That means getting into power)
I would endorse Machiavelli at this point. lol

JosephTheLibertarian
05-14-2008, 08:18 PM
I've had a few ideas myself, two ideas in the past:

1. an independent party that allows ALL citizens to join.

2. a libertarian-populist party. A libertarian based political organization with a mixture of populist views:

universal healthcare (without raising taxes or spending. expanding medicare and cutting spending elsewhere)

cut of wasteful spending

free market principles

lower taxes

repeal of bad regulation

mixture of left/right

We all have our ideas.

RPTXState
05-14-2008, 08:18 PM
FOR THE LAST TIME, Ron Paul isn't leaving the GOP, and neither will I, B.J. Lawson, Sabrin, etc...

The Neocons will spread to whatever party we create (like the spread to the GOP decades ago), so let's fight them here and now.

FrankRep
05-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Constitution Party! (http://www.constitutionparty.com/)

Kludge
05-14-2008, 08:20 PM
I think you failed, wgadget =P

Kludge
05-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Constitution Party! (http://www.constitutionparty.com/)

You fail too.

V4Vendetta
05-14-2008, 08:23 PM
hmm, I think that would be called the "Constitution Party"!

amy31416
05-14-2008, 08:24 PM
FOR THE LAST TIME, Ron Paul isn't leaving the GOP, and neither will I, B.J. Lawson, Sabrin, etc...

The Neocons will spread to whatever party we create (like the spread to the GOP decades ago), so let's fight them here and now.

I like the cut of your jib.

Let's take those bastard neocons down. I'm a Republican (for the last two months anyways) and I'm fixin' to stay if we can get this party re-started...

wgadget
05-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Ya know, there are a lot of neocons willing to give their vote to Bob Barr because they're so fed up with the Republicans. I've seen it with my own eyes over at the Hannity forum. A Paul/Barr ticket would have name recognition, not to mention a bunch of crazy fanatical Paulites to help it win.

If ever there was a time in history that's ripe for a third party...It's NOW.

weslinder
05-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Ya know, there are a lot of neocons willing to give their vote to Bob Barr because they're so fed up with the Republicans. I've seen it with my own eyes over at the Hannity forum. A Paul/Barr ticket would have name recognition, not to mention a bunch of crazy fanatical Paulites to help it win.

I'd be ecstatic to see that ticket grab a full 10% of the popular vote and Montana's electors, but it would accomplish nothing but further marginalization of our cause. We've made enormous gains this year. We have to keep focus.

Akus
05-14-2008, 08:57 PM

I am puzzled.

Why do we keep talking about Ron Paul jumping to a third party, when it's painfully obvious he will not will not will not will not do that.

american.swan
05-14-2008, 08:58 PM
I am all for a third party becoming successful.

Maybe it would have to start by taking over one state, like NH. Perhaps that is the major issue that is stopping third parties from taking off. They don't focus on their local and state elections. They just rush for the presidency and expensive ballot issues where even if the fat lady did sing they would be stuck as president with a dem and rep congress not helping at all with the "third party" presidents goals.

I am also extremely realistic about this. The chances of such a thing actually happening is next to zilch, so I am sticking with reforming the GOP for the time being.

amy31416
05-14-2008, 09:11 PM
I'd be ecstatic to see that ticket grab a full 10% of the popular vote and Montana's electors, but it would accomplish nothing but further marginalization of our cause. We've made enormous gains this year. We have to keep focus.

Yeah, in the short-term I'd be all happy that we get 10% and in the long-term, pretty fucking pissed that we go down as an obscure footnote in history.

All you third-party pushers are essentially trying to shove us toward footnote status. And you're going to be very disappointed when none of the legit candidates join whatever party you can dream up. I'm sticking with the Republican party for at least the next 5 years.

speciallyblend
05-14-2008, 11:32 PM
The list of Irrelevant Political Parties just got one name longer.

add the republican party to the list;) fer sure;)

slamhead
05-15-2008, 12:50 AM
And no one will care.

mdh
05-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Recipe for a conservative liberty party:

Take 10 random people from the Libertarian party
Take 10 random people from the Constitution party
Take 20 random people from the GOP
Take 10 random independents

Mix in a convention until you realize they refuse to mix. Pour glop into a national party for all of three weeks before it goes stale.

libertythor
05-15-2008, 01:18 AM
It is sad that 50 individuals who agree on a general platform can be propense to rip eachother's throats out over the correct way to support liberty.

Recipe for a conservative liberty party:

Take 10 random people from the Libertarian party
Take 10 random people from the Constitution party
Take 20 random people from the GOP
Take 10 random independents

Mix in a convention until you realize they refuse to mix. Pour glop into a national party for all of three weeks before it goes stale.

RoamZero
05-15-2008, 01:34 AM
A viable third party run can only come from a Ross Perot type with hundreds of millions of dollars at his disposal, and even then it would be a big crapshoot because Obama has weathered pretty well up to now. At this point the smartest thing to do would be to find some common ground and fold the Constitution party and Libertarian party into the Republican party, and with the sheer numbers it would be relatively trivial to oust the neocons. The final issue would be to rebuild the PR that Bush destroyed. Turn it into Republicans 2.0.