PDA

View Full Version : Lets go viral.

erin moore
05-14-2008, 07:40 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iw7dbREMaGI

Time to start changing things.

OptionsTrader
05-14-2008, 07:44 PM
What about all of my cash in stocks and 401k and other instruments? That's a hell of a capital gains hit for a 10 day protest.

erin moore
05-14-2008, 07:49 PM
I don't know. I guess I'd say that's up to you. I have an IRA and we'll probably leave it alone this time. We will empty out our savings and checking accounts.

If this goes well and we can make a difference over time we might get out of the system all together.

OptionsTrader
05-14-2008, 07:57 PM
It is too bad there is a 3-6% markup on WalMart Visa gift cards. I have experimented with them for my nephew to give him cash that he can use over time and build discipline. You can buy a $100 card and pay like a $3 fee for the service. You do not even have to give anyone your name unless you want to make online purchases and if you want that you have to log on and fill out your name etc online. It could be part of someone's method of saying f u to the system, because it is just too conveninet to pay for gas etc without a card.

torchbearer
05-14-2008, 07:59 PM
It is too bad there is a 3-6% markup on WalMart Visa gift cards. I have experimented with them for my nephew to give him cash that he can use over time and build discipline. You can buy a $100 card and pay like a $3 fee for the service. You do not even have to give anyone your name unless you want to make online purchases and if you want that you have to log on and fill out your name etc online. It could be part of someone's method of saying f u to the system, because it is just too conveninet to pay for gas etc without a card.

If everyone put there money into walmart gift cards, would that make Walmart the new Federal Reserve, in the most literal definition.

forsmant
05-14-2008, 08:01 PM
If everyone put there money into walmart gift cards, would that make Walmart the new Federal Reserve, in the most literal definition.

Only if Wal-Mart loaned that money out on a fractional reserve basis to all the other banks.

OptionsTrader
05-14-2008, 08:02 PM
I meant for small amounts like a grand at a time for conveninet expenses, with rest of money in hard assets like gold and silver in your vault of preference.

torchbearer
05-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Only if Wal-Mart loaned that money out on a fractional reserve basis to all the other banks.

What I mean is.. Walmart would have enough reserve to start loaning money on the scale of the Fed.

torchbearer
05-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Isn't there a walmart bank?

Kludge
05-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Isn't there a walmart bank?

I remember a story about them opening a bank in Mexico a few months ago... I don't believe anything has been started up here.