PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul interview with MN's Mr Right, podcast

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-23-2007, 12:20 PM
This is from last night at the MN straw poll. Great interview, the first exposure tens of thousands of conservatives have had to Dr Paul in Minnesota.

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/MINNEAPOLIS-MN/KTLK-FM/LEWIS082207_5pm.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=MINNEAPOLIS-MN&NG_FORMAT=talk&SITE_ID=3359&STATION_ID=KTLK-FM&PCAST_AUTHOR=KTLK-FM&PCAST_CAT=talk&PCAST_TITLE=Jason_Lewis_-_KTLK_FM

Let me know if the link doesn't work and I'll point you to the main podcast page.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Bump. Good interview. Show your support for RP by eating up this very popular show's bandwidth.

Here's the tiny url: http://tinyurl.com/2ugg9d

Scott K
08-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks for this

risiusj
08-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Pretty decent interview. The interviewer was a smart guy, was tough on Ron Paul, but was fair.
Thanks for the link

Brasil Branco
08-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Good interview! Is there an email we can use to send a thank you?

RP08
08-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey, yea, this was an excellent interview by an informed interviewer.

Brasil Branco
08-23-2007, 01:23 PM
That was Duncan Hunter? I thought it was a crazed right-wing parent, I didn't realise it was him until the end.

john_anderson_ii
08-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Wow, I've never heard talk radio like this before. I don't listen to it much because with Rush and Hannity you just get senseless rants. This guy asked informed questions, agreed with Ron Paul when he felt in agreement, and politely and smartly debated the issues he didn't agree with.

After Ron Paul's segment, the interviewer sums up on the biggest problems with this nation into one sentence. "You can't have open borders and a welfare state."

mconder
08-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Gezzz...the host took the gloves off a bit on this one.

0zzy
08-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Did a little left-right punch there. It was a nice little interview, though, I think. Right?

Spike Kojima
08-23-2007, 01:58 PM
This was a cool interview. It really wasn't as tough as I thought it would be. Paul answered everything to my satisfaction.

Edit : Man Duncan Hunter is so full of shit.

Brasil Branco
08-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Is there an email that I can use to send a thank you note to the interviewer?

Blowback
08-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Ron Paul dropped down the ownage on this guy big time.

Omnis
08-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Why did this guy correct himself with "The Louisiana Purchase"? The LP was a U.S. territory/property, which is why it was acceptable for the President to go in with the military of his own executive power.

How can this be compared to the invasion of a sovereign nation without a declaration of war?

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Good interview! Is there an email we can use to send a thank you?

Jason's producer's email is brendankearin@clearchannel.com.

Short and sweet thank yous would be great, especially since Jason is going to be hosting the Rush Limbaugh show next week.

jj111
08-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Please show me the main podcast link. The link you posted is not working for me. Thanks.

jj111
08-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Podcast link

http://www.ktlkfm.com/cc-common/podcast.html

Brasil Branco
08-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Thank you! Email sent :)

Blowback
08-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Jason's producer's email is brendankearin@ktlkfm.com.

Short and sweet thank yous would be great, especially since Jason is going to be hosting the Rush Limbaugh show next week.

Can I ask him what it felt like to get pwned on his own show by the next President of the United States?

That's what I really wnat to know... I mean really, what does that feel like do you think?

Brasil Branco
08-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

brendankearin@ktlkfm.com.

:(

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Here, try this email addy:

brendankearin@clearchannel.com

sbradbury
08-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Can I ask him what it felt like to get pwned on his own show by the next President of the United States?

That's what I really wnat to know... I mean really, what does that feel like do you think?

No need to be an ass. Jason is a very smart guy and I think he was pretty fair with Ron Paul.

Jason Lewis is probably the best conservative/libertarian talk show host out there.

CodeMonkey
08-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Why did this guy correct himself with "The Louisiana Purchase"? The LP was a U.S. territory/property, which is why it was acceptable for the President to go in with the military of his own executive power.

How can this be compared to the invasion of a sovereign nation without a declaration of war?

I think he was talking about how Jefferson didn't have Constitutional authority to buy the Louisiana Purchase.

DeadheadForPaul
08-23-2007, 02:58 PM
thank you!!!

Blowback
08-23-2007, 03:56 PM
No need to be an ass. Jason is a very smart guy and I think he was pretty fair with Ron Paul.

Jason Lewis is probably the best conservative/libertarian talk show host out there.

Well, I didn't actually do anything. I think someone needs to lighten up slightly.

Brasil Branco
08-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Recieved a reply! :D

"Glad to get it you. Thanks for listening and you can hear it again if
you'd like on our Podcast."

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Good. We're having trouble getting KTLK to think Ron Paul is an actual candidate. So the producer needs to hear from us positively, while the newsroom gets questioned on their irresponsible omission of Ron Paul.

0zzy
08-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Not a problem Brent. Thanks for listening.

Ya, that's right, we're on a first-name basis.

LastoftheMohicans
08-23-2007, 07:00 PM
While Jason Lewis is a knowledgeble and articulate guy, he came across as two-faced. On the one hand, he was coming off as though he is this strict free-marketeer but on the other he sounded like a typical neocon. His lame attempt at defending GWB's pseudo-Social Security privatization program annoyed me. That program is nothing but a forced wealth transfer from the government to Wall Street or worse, a back door way of the government to get ownership of a portion of the stock market. While RP's plan has some flaws it is more of a free-market plan. His foreign policy prescriptions were pure neocon. He just did a better job defending them than your typical neocon. Although, I think he was deliberately trying to muddy the waters by shifting from topic to topic.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-23-2007, 07:31 PM
He used to be a good, small-l libertarian. But somewhere along the way he found himself in bed and maybe just a little too cozy with the GOP establishment. So he still has all that free market knowledge tucked away in his head; he just doesn't like to practice what he still tries to preach.

LastoftheMohicans
08-23-2007, 07:57 PM
He used to be a good, small-l libertarian. But somewhere along the way he found himself in bed and maybe just a little too cozy with the GOP establishment. So he still has all that free market knowledge tucked away in his head; he just doesn't like to practice what he still tries to preach.

I remember during the 90's, a lot of the conservative talk show hosts were very friendly to libertarians. With Clinton in power, they saw libertarians as allies. Unfortunately, a lot of libertarians got too cozy with the GOP/Conservative Establishment. When Bush Jr. got in power, those same conservatives tossed aside many of the same libertarians, at least those who stuck to their principles. The libertarians who sold-out are now indistinguishable from neocons. They still spout their free-market rhetoric but they come across as insincere.

ThePieSwindler
08-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Wow duncan hunter is a riot. He is about as hawkish as one can get, and about as neocon as one can get.Of course, he does get alot of his funding from defense contractors, and has been involved in many scandals related to the military... so... its to be expected.

sbradbury
08-23-2007, 08:54 PM

Are you kidding me? You must not listen to the show much. :p He has been railing against the GOP neocons pretty hardcore for the last year since he came back to MN. Organized the Tax Cut Coalition, and been very very outspoken against our flip flopping Republican Governor.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Are you kidding me? You must not listen to the show much. :p He has been railing against the GOP neocons pretty hardcore for the last year since he came back to MN. Organized the Tax Cut Coalition, and been very very outspoken against our flip flopping Republican Governor.

He should have gone hard against the governor BEFORE the election. He did just about nothing to help Sue Jeffers, and he bends over backwards not to mention Ron Paul.

I knew him back when he first came to town the first time, around 1994, and he was much more gutsy then. He would talk about the Constitution and the founding fathers. You hear little of that from him now.

And it's true, I haven't been listening to him much lately. I am personally ticked off at him. But do email thank yous to his producer anyways. Tough for Jason to avoid having Ron Paul on last night. I spent my afternoon trying to hook his producer up with the campaign, because they simply weren't trying very hard on their own.

specsaregood
08-24-2007, 09:44 AM
I thought this was a very good interview.
Not a softball bunch of questions and it really lets Ron Paul show that he is the most learned candidate in the bunch!

I put it up on youtube for easier sharing...
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVBAqrBbqjY
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1TtegjSY08

Well worth listening to.

Ninja Homer
08-24-2007, 09:49 AM
I put it up on youtube for easier sharing...

I'm off topic here, but how do you go about putting mp3 with a graphic on youtube? Any specific software you use?

specsaregood
08-24-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm off topic here, but how do you go about putting mp3 with a graphic on youtube? Any specific software you use?

Just like a normal video.
My software applications of choice:
Paint Shop Pro (inexpensive alternative to PhotoShop) has roughly 90% of the same functionality.
http://www.paintshoppro.com/pspx_offer/index.html
I use that to make my title graphic, then just set the duration of the frame to the full length of the clip.

Video Editing/Creation:
I use Ulead MediaStudio Pro (inexpensive alternative to Adobe Premier)
http://www.ulead.com/msp/runme.htm
It is equal to Premeir IMHO, but their even cheaper alternative: Ulead VideoStudio
is even cheaper and much easier to use:http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm

Ninja Homer
08-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Just like a normal video.
My software applications of choice:
Paint Shop Pro (inexpensive alternative to PhotoShop) has roughly 90% of the same functionality.
http://www.paintshoppro.com/pspx_offer/index.html
I use that to make my title graphic, then just set the duration of the frame to the full length of the clip.

Video Editing/Creation:
I use Ulead MediaStudio Pro (inexpensive alternative to Adobe Premier)
http://www.ulead.com/msp/runme.htm
It is equal to Premeir IMHO, but their even cheaper alternative: Ulead VideoStudio
is even cheaper and much easier to use:http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm

Sounds easy enough. Thanks for the info! I have a couple audio projects I'd like to put up, but I haven't found anything like youtube for free audio hosting. This should do the trick.

Suzu
08-24-2007, 02:53 PM

I use Windows Movie Maker. Use the "Narrate Timeline" feature to record the audio. Makes a more compact file.