PDA

View Full Version : Prosper Group - Funding for your liberty-orientated project

limequat
05-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Hey all,

I've started a group on Prosper.com for lending for liberty-oriented projects. Need a few bucks to kick off your state-rep bid? Need a school loan to finish your poli-sci degree?

Join my group called "Liberty Brokers" and I'll help you out with your loan.

For those that aren't familiar with prosper, it's a website that allows person-to-person loans. It's a great way to make or get loans without the use of banks. We should all appreciate that! I signed up becaues I figured with todays market I could do better with personal loans that mutual funds. Last week it occurred to me that I could help the liberty cause too. Check it out (http://tinyurl.com/5ymnf6):

yongrel
05-14-2008, 01:55 PM
What's the insurance that you won't get ripped off by some bastard?

Kludge
05-14-2008, 01:59 PM
[retracted]

Signed up, mostly as a lurker for now ;)

limequat
05-14-2008, 02:00 PM
What's the insurance that you won't get ripped off by some bastard?

In this case the website acts like the bank, has access to the credit record, and employs collection agencies. The lenders' risk is approximately that of a regular bank.

limequat
05-14-2008, 02:01 PM
That'd be terrible for the lender and the reputation of "Liberty Brokers". I don't want to see that happen to what could become an incredibly helpful resource for libertarianism.... Please don't fuck this up ;)

To take this a step further, every member of my group will be vetted by myself. That could be an assett or a detriment, but hopefully it helps. Data shows that small groups such as the one I'm trying to form have much lower rate of default than the general populace.

Rhys
05-14-2008, 02:13 PM
my uncle loans money that way. He likes it. To my knowledge, he's not gotten screwed over.

limequat
05-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Anybody else?

american.swan
05-15-2008, 06:34 AM
If I had any money, I would be interested in lending people some dough.

I might sign up as a lurker later. Need some sleep now.