PDA

View Full Version : The Word is Spreading!

gravesdav
08-23-2007, 11:55 AM
I know this might seem stupid, but I'm pumped up. I have my homemade sign on my lawn(which blew away this week :( ) and my free bumper sticker on my car. I've been waiting all summer to see another bumper sticker or supporter in the "real world". Last week, a guy left a note on my door thanking me for supporting Ron Paul. It was kind of crazy with conspiracy theories, but it was something. Then today, in my town of 1500 I saw a bumper sticker on a car in front of me. It was a nice car too, with a clean cut regular young guy driving. I couldn't give him a thumbs up, and was gonna follow him to his house to wave, but we already have a crazy image.
It's a small thing, but seeing your first supporter in the real world is awesome. We should all be proud and keep up the good work. I'm going to fix my sign. Any one know where I can buy a good one. (The campaign doesn't have them.)
I can't wait to go to college in September. 4,000 people are going to know who Ron Paul is :D

Sematary
08-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Keep the faith! We are going to win him the nomination

noxagol
08-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Nah it's not stupid. I remember being at work and seeing a car with a Ron Paul bumper sticker and then the other day a van with a Ron Paul sign taped to the back window, those two things made my day on those days.

hard@work
08-23-2007, 12:01 PM
. I couldn't give him a thumbs up, and was gonna follow him to his house to wave, but we already have a crazy image.

Seriously bud, next time do it. This is about Democracy, and part of the founders intent was community. "Crazy" is sitting in our houses on our fat asses while the government does what it pleases.

RP08
08-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Any one know where I can buy a good one. (The campaign doesn't have them.)

There are plenty of people making/selling them but some of the best deals, I've seen on eBay. May want to check there.

That reminds me (thanks for the post). I have 2 yard signs in my vehicle. Just need to swing by the hardware store to pick up something to stick them in the yard.

RP08
08-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Seriously bud, next time do it. This is about Democracy, and part of the founders intent was community. "Crazy" is sitting in our houses on our fat asses while the government does what it pleases.

Totally agree! I LOVE it when Ron Paul fanatics chase me down in traffic to give the thumbs up or I catch them writing down stuff from the stickers on my back window.

david.griffus
08-23-2007, 12:23 PM
I got my first honk and thumbs up here in Ann Arbor the other day. Felt damned good.

Santana28
08-23-2007, 12:37 PM
i work at a mall and i saw my first Ron Paul bumper sticker just last week, on a white VW Jetta. I drove around all night waiting on the owner to come out just to see if i knew who they were, but unfortunately i missed them. I know of 2 other RP supporters in my town, one of whom i met in Ames but didn't catch his name. He had only found out about Ron Paul the week before the straw poll - and he was already out there on the corner waving signs! Woo hoo!

I've got my 2 bumper stickers and a window cling going. I'll post the moment someone happens to spam the mall with slim jims *hint hint* :rolleyes:

ronpaulhawaii
08-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Freedom is popular :D

It feels GREAT to connect, to convert, to spread the word. You'll be amazed at the response you'll get with a lowkey, happy, relentless approach. People thank me everyday...

Syren123
08-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Any one know where I can buy a good one. (The campaign doesn't have them.)
I can't wait to go to college in September. 4,000 people are going to know who Ron Paul is :D

I'll send you one, babe. PM me your address.

hard@work
08-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Funny thing JUST happened. I ran out to the bank to make a deposit and as I was pulling out to the stop light there was a truck with a big sign on the back that said "Who is Ron Paul? Google: Ron Paul".

So I practiced what I preached, got out of my car and shook the mans hand. He took my email down and I handed him some of my bumper stickers!!

Brasil Branco
08-23-2007, 04:18 PM
It's wierd- I was chatting to my friend in Canada, and I said I was supporting Ron Paul, and he said "What! That's awesome! Me too!"

I posted a link on Facebook to a Ron Paul video and recieved three comments from my friends praising Ron Paul.

Quite cool. :D

gravesdav
08-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Awesome! There's a lot of negativity going around, but great things are happening. We just have to keep pushing ahead.

hard@work
08-23-2007, 04:40 PM
When the polls in front of your eyes differ from those on your TV you know your cause is just, eh?

:)

RedStripe
08-23-2007, 04:50 PM
http://www.u8x.com/

These car toppers are so awesome.

bbachtung
08-23-2007, 04:51 PM
When the polls in front of your eyes differ from those on your TV you know your cause is just, eh?

:)

hard@work, where do you live?

slantedview
08-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I've seen 3 other Ron Paul bumper stickers (not counting the one on my car), one Obama sticker, and ZERO stickers for any other candidate.

Not bad I'd say.

bbachtung
08-23-2007, 04:54 PM

I've got one on my car and love it. I got the kind that attaches to the window. The light-up feature is great.

Marshall
08-23-2007, 05:03 PM

That is great! As soon as I get my paycheck I know right where it's going. Thanks for the link.

hard@work
08-23-2007, 05:15 PM
hard@work, where do you live?

San Diego, Ca.

I saw the truck in El Cajon, east of San Diego and even more conservative.

pwnsey
08-23-2007, 05:21 PM
San Diego, Ca.

Hey I'm moving to San Diego on Friday. Are you in the meetup down there? We're doing the Campus blitz pretty soon down at SDSU, UCSD, Point Loma, and whichever other schools there are in San Diego