PDA

View Full Version : Question(s) about the R3volution symbol

christagious
05-14-2008, 11:49 AM
The Ron Paul R3VOLution symbol we got going on, is that trademarked at all?

If not what would everybody on here think if somebody started using that symbol for their business logo?
I'm asking this because I'm in the process of starting my own small t-shirt (and hats/hoodies/sweatshirts/etc.) company (mostly shirts with political messages, and then I'll go into the "funny" shirts later) and the word "revolution" is going to be in the name and I'm trying to think of a cool logo and there is nothing cooler than the logo we got going on right now.
I was just wondering what everybody here would think about people starting companies using this logo? I'm not selling out the revolution or trying to profit off of the Ron Paul Revolution logo, I just think it's an extremely cool symbol and I'd like to use it.

So I guess my ultimate question boils down to
1. is it trademarked?
and
2. can I have all of your permission to use it if it's not trademarked?
(if yes, maybe I'll give you all discounts)

If not then I'll have to come up with another logo.

AutoDas
05-14-2008, 12:32 PM
I hope not. It's just an idea and should be spread.

ronpaulhawaii
05-14-2008, 12:37 PM
This question is precisely why I made this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7nzezMb7BA

christagious
05-14-2008, 12:43 PM
This question is precisely why I made this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7nzezMb7BA

Thanks for the video. And if Ernie ever sees this, Thanks.

Well since the creator said that anybody is free to use it, then I'm assuming it'll be quite alright.

Once I get some clothing made maybe I'll send some out to my fellow revolutionaries on here free of charge, I'll make a thread so that I can get some addresses.

ronpaulhawaii
05-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the video. And if Ernie ever sees this, Thanks.

Well since the creator said that anybody is free to use it, then I'm assuming it'll be quite alright.

Once I get some clothing made maybe I'll send some out to my fellow revolutionaries on here free of charge, I'll make a thread so that I can get some addresses.

No need to assume. It truly is ours to use any way we see fit. And yes, thanks to Ernie is proper for much more than just this aspect of his contributions.

Collect addresses via PM for securities sake. Looking forward to seeing your creations and I trust a hefty portion of any proceeds will be dedicated to r3VOLutionary causes

pcosmar
05-14-2008, 01:09 PM
I think it is by definition Copyleft.

Copyleft is a play on the word copyright and describes the practice of using copyright law to remove restrictions on distributing copies and modified versions of a work for others and requiring that the same freedoms be preserved in modified versions.

I downloaded the stencil that I used on my truck and others.

Free to share.

mdh
05-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Ernie's running for chairman of the Libertarian Party's national committee this year in Denver, by the way...

christagious
05-14-2008, 02:06 PM
I trust a hefty portion of any proceeds will be dedicated to r3VOLutionary causes

Definitely. Not sure where this revolution is going to go after November but wherever funds are needed I'll be donating. It's also going to be going towards getting my sorry ass out of debt too, but that's another story.

Speaking of after november..

Will be still be using this forum or will we be moving?
I think it's important to have a consensus on where we'll be going to further discuss what needs to be done in the coming years.

That is, unless the Internet is heavily regulated by then.

ronpaulhawaii
05-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Definitely. Not sure where this revolution is going to go after November but wherever funds are needed I'll be donating. It's also going to be going towards getting my sorry ass out of debt too, but that's another story.

Speaking of after november..

Will be still be using this forum or will we be moving?
I think it's important to have a consensus on where we'll be going to further discuss what needs to be done in the coming years.

That is, unless the Internet is heavily regulated by then.

Yes, we all need to eat, and getting out of debt will be good for the r3VOLution in the long run. Your honestly stated intentions has my support and every little bit we can contribute helps.

There will be a name change to Liberty Forest, but we ain't going anywhere.