PDA

View Full Version : "The Fall of Paul" written for Arizona State University college student

dkim68
05-14-2008, 10:39 AM
A female student from McCain's home state wrote this piece of garbage about our good Dr. Paul:

The Fall of Paul
By Taylor Kessinger

The meteoric rise and equally cataclysmic fall of Ron Paul's campaign continues to be a source of amusement for us all.

Accomplishments of the campaign included a second-place finish at the Values Voter debate in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. and the purchase of a blimp - yes, a blimp - to advertise in New Hampshire. But while the campaign once posted record fundraising totals, including a staggering $4.2 million on Nov. 5, reality appears to have sunk into its supporters, who offered up a meager $123,523 in the month of March.

One shattering blow was dealt when Fox News refused to permit Paul to appear on their Jan. 6 New Hampshire debate. The debate inexplicably featured Rudy Giuliani, who had as much appeal in this race as a case of amoebic dysentery, and Fred Thompson. Come on, Fox. Seriously.

Paul took another hit when a few decades' worth of racist newsletters went public, though the real gems - including Paul's fear that the Fed is placing holograms, diffraction gratings and chemical taggents on money to secretly track us - slipped mercifully under the radar. Being the official candidate of white-supremacist Web site

Stormfront.org (http://stormfront.org/) probably didn't help much, either.

A Paul presidency probably would not have been that bad. Vetoing each and every bill that comes out of Congress is a great way to stop their pile of empty, soulless legislation from growing any larger, and leaving Iraq while preventing the dollar from becoming a laughable third-world currency should be high on the next president's list of priorities. It's just a shame that the invisible hand of the free market couldn't overcome the juggernaut of the collective conspiracy by the mainstream media, the Federal Reserve, the future North American Union and the Illuminati themselves.

Taylor Kessinger is a junior majoring in math, philosophy and physics.

http://media.wildcat.arizona.edu/media/storage/paper997/news/2008/05/13/Opinions/The-Fall.Of.Paul-3371103.shtml

angelatc
05-14-2008, 10:45 AM
It's not that bad.

AisA1787
05-14-2008, 11:05 AM
It's not that bad.

"The meteoric rise and equally cataclysmic fall of Ron Paul's campaign..." is a pretty bad opening line. Early in the campaign, Paul was polling in the 5% to 10% range, and all of the primaries, even the most recent ones, confirm that this is his level of support (of course a couple of them showed even higher support). I suppose going from 0% to 10% in a year may be a "rise" but it's not a "meteoric rise" (let's ignore the fact that meteors tend to fall rather than rise...). And Paul's support level hasn't fallen since it's reached that level.

The rest of the article is pretty much what is to be expected from your average college philosophy major, which is to say it is completely devoid of rational thought and logic.

anaconda
05-14-2008, 11:59 AM
She's a little girl trying to write grown up things. Good for her for trying. She's obviously thinking, as evidenced by the comment on the Fed, the dollar, the useless Congress, NAU, and NWO. Give the poor girl a break. In fact, it sounds like we could convert her to the Revolution with about five minutes of conversation.

thedemoboy
05-14-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm sorry, but I for one will NOT give the "poor" girl a break. I have been in (small market) media for well over 10 years, and know a thing or two about TRULY fair and balanced news reporting. Whether its tv and radio or the print, College kids see what gets you to the top = trash talk disguised as "news." The problem is, there isn't room for many people "at the top."
The author, Taylor Kessinger "is a junior majoring in math, philosophy and physics" yet she writes as if she thinks that she is a political guru.
So the sooner that she comes to the reality that her future employer won't give a damn for her tongue-in-cheek, smarter-than-you style the sooner she will be able to get a real job once she leaves the comfortable confines of college.

acptulsa
05-14-2008, 02:02 PM
I like it.

One shattering blow was dealt when Fox News refused to permit Paul to appear on their Jan. 6 New Hampshire debate. The debate inexplicably featured Rudy Giuliani, who had as much appeal in this race as a case of amoebic dysentery, and Fred Thompson. Come on, Fox. Seriously.

DamianTV
05-14-2008, 03:25 PM
I think they totally and completely missed the point of RP's campaign. Its not just about his presidency, its about bringing back real american values that we all believe in. Such as the Constitution, and Bill of Rights.

diesirae
05-14-2008, 06:24 PM
It's not that bad.

+1

1000-points-of-fright
05-14-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry, but I for one will NOT give the "poor" girl a break. I have been in (small market) media for well over 10 years, and know a thing or two about TRULY fair and balanced news reporting. Whether its tv and radio or the print, College kids see what gets you to the top = trash talk disguised as "news."

It's an opinion piece not news reporting. There's no requirement to be fair and balanced. As someone who has been in (small market) media for well over 10 years, you should know the difference.

devil21
05-14-2008, 07:40 PM
It's an opinion piece not news reporting. There's no requirement to be fair and balanced. As someone who has been in (small market) media for well over 10 years, you should know the difference.

Opinions pieces should at least have some facts in them, if the opinion is to be taken seriously. Not uninformed ramblings devoid of truth.

amy31416
05-14-2008, 08:17 PM
A female student from McCain's home state wrote this piece of garbage about our good Dr. Paul:

The Fall of Paul
[SIZE=3]By Taylor Kessinger

though the real gems - including Paul's fear that the Fed is placing holograms, diffraction gratings and chemical taggents on money to secretly track us - slipped mercifully under the radar. Being the official candidate of white-supremacist Web site

Opinions pieces should at least have some facts in them, if the opinion is to be taken seriously. Not uninformed ramblings devoid of truth.

The quote above yours is the the only one I don't know whether or not is true. Truth isn't always pleasant.

Conza88
05-14-2008, 08:32 PM
I would LOVE to debate her ignorant ass.

idiom
05-14-2008, 10:07 PM
I thought it was funny.

torchbearer
05-14-2008, 10:09 PM
This is what the average copper top percieves by watching cable news.
What she is talking about is the decline in coverage as a perceived decline in populus.
The media is quite effective at what they do.

devil21
05-15-2008, 03:16 AM
OK then, allow me to dissect truth from spin. My comments in blue.

The Fall of Paul
[SIZE=3]By Taylor Kessinger

The meteoric rise and equally cataclysmic fall of Ron Paul's campaign continues to be a source of amusement for us all.

-D21: Did RP have a meteoric rise? Hmm, the media blacked him out thoroughly and promptly after Feb 5. Can he have a cataclysmic fall while also having a cataclysmic blackout? You decide. It's sensationalism.

Accomplishments of the campaign included a second-place finish at the Values Voter debate in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. and the purchase of a blimp - yes, a blimp - to advertise in New Hampshire. But while the campaign once posted record fundraising totals, including a staggering $4.2 million on Nov. 5, reality appears to have sunk into its supporters, who offered up a meager $123,523 in the month of March.

-D21: Author forgot to mention Romney's people stuffing the ballot box with 20+ votes each while Paul voters showed integrity by voting once per person. There are YT videos of it. Sure, RP did finish 2nd. But due to cheating, not support. Author also fails to mention that the media said RP "dropped out" when he did not, hence *only* $123K in donations. That's a pretty good haul for a guy that dropped out right?

-D21: Im not sure what to make of this. Its truthful I guess. Almost suprisingly.

Paul took another hit when a few decades' worth of racist newsletters went public, though the real gems - including Paul's fear that the Fed is placing holograms, diffraction gratings and chemical taggents on money to secretly track us - slipped mercifully under the radar. Being the official candidate of white-supremacist Web site

-D21: Newsletters are true but how does that connect (Author did not end that thought and start anew) with the Fed stuff? It's just a guilt by association attempt. WTF is a chemical taggent anyway? I'd love to see the Author provide any proof of RP writing or speaking about taggents and diffraction gratings anywhere. See Author's acknowledgement of NAU below to make that entire paragraph worthless. And didn't Fox ask RP about the NAU "conspiracy" during a debate? That's not too far under the radar!

D21: The author means the Stormfront scandal that was proven FALSE? That one? The Black guy that said RP attended his meetings in Arlington?
Ya know, those of us that have been watching every step of this campaign for...shit! has it been 10 months already????...know the real stories about these things.

A Paul presidency probably would not have been that bad. Vetoing each and every bill that comes out of Congress is a great way to stop their pile of empty, soulless legislation from growing any larger, and leaving Iraq while preventing the dollar from becoming a laughable third-world currency should be high on the next president's list of priorities. It's just a shame that the invisible hand of the free market couldn't overcome the juggernaut of the collective conspiracy by the mainstream media, the Federal Reserve, the future North American Union and the Illuminati themselves.

-D21: I guess theres some truth in that but why would the Author ridicule the hologram (meaning the NAU compliant driver's license that I personally hold in my hand here in NC), then support the anti-NAU movement and the Fed? This opinion piece is filled with sensational wording that attempts to cast a negative light on RP's views. Oh, and that last paragraph is just to appease Paulites so we don't blow up Author's mailbox.

Conza88
05-15-2008, 04:15 AM
OK then, allow me to dissect truth from spin. My comments in blue.

QFT!!!!:D

dkim68
05-15-2008, 09:49 PM
She's obviously thinking, as evidenced by the comment on the Fed, the dollar, the useless Congress, NAU, and NWO. Give the poor girl a break.
You failed to pick up on her sarcasm.

Andrew-Austin
05-19-2008, 10:46 AM
The rest of the article is pretty much what is to be expected from your average college philosophy major, which is to say it is completely devoid of rational thought and logic.

So this person is a philosophy major?, if so that just freaking pathetic. lol

torchbearer
05-19-2008, 11:14 AM
This is what the average copper top percieves by watching cable news.
What she is talking about is the decline in coverage as a perceived decline in populus.
The media is quite effective at what they do.

the matrix at work.

drinkbleach
05-22-2008, 02:54 PM

It's too bad she didn't learn how to write a decent article.