PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Supporters, What Are Your Plans? ~ Wired POLL

dawnbt
05-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Let's see how accurate Wired's poll is with Ron Paul supporters. Compare our results with theirs to see what WE really think! Thanks Conza88 for a great idea!

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/05/ron-paul-suppor.html

Ron Paul's supporters have used technology and online networking tools to blaze multiple new trails in the worlds of both online and offline political campaigning during this election cycle.

What are you doing now, Ron Paul fans?
Photo: Jeff Greenspan Their remarkable energy, passion and enthusiasm catapulted Paul onto the national stage and brought him a level of advertising, attention and media coverage that would not likely have happened without their efforts.

What's happened to this rolling fireball of energy and enthusiasm? Threat Level would like to know.

If you're a Paul supporter, please e-mail me at: sarah_laistirland at Wired.com to tell me what your plans are, if any, for the rest of the presidential election.

Will you let your electioneering skills waste away?

Or will you start campaigning for someone else?

Meanwhile, take our poll:

Conza88
05-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Are only Ron Paul supporters allowed to vote?

= NO!

Poll is thus retarded. All you need is a few Obama loons, or Gop fairy's and the results are spoiled.

QUICK OP: put up a poll, same questions!! And we'll see what the comparison are!!! :)

slacker921
05-14-2008, 09:08 AM
yep.. the Obama and McCain folks are voting in it as well.

dawnbt
05-14-2008, 09:18 AM
updated bump

Conza88
05-14-2008, 09:20 AM
updated bump

Good work! :D

tekkierich
05-14-2008, 09:21 AM
-- run for Congress

dawnbt
05-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Good work! :D

Thanks teamplayer! Couldn't have done it without ya!

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-14-2008, 09:25 AM
I don't think I'll email anyone telling them what my plans are if
I don't know 100% who it's going to.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-14-2008, 09:27 AM
personally, I think anyone who votes for Bob Barr instead of
writing-in Ron Paul is wasting their vote. For me, it's easy to
see how Bobbie is a tool for the establishment.

FrankRep
05-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Chuck Baldwin (http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/), Constitution Party

dawnbt
05-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Good to see no one voted for McCain of Obama!

Conza88
05-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Good to see no one voted for McCain of Obama!

Wait for Kludge. ;)

:p

dawnbt
05-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Wait for Kludge. ;)

:p

Wait for the Obama vote...then we strike!:D

Richie
05-14-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm either voting for Barr or Baldwin. These days, I'm leaning Baldwin.

Sandra
05-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Don't give this Striland the traffic she's looking for. She only writes anti Ron paul articles then gets someone to complain about them here.

This time is the exception. Honest post.

fletcher
05-14-2008, 10:23 AM
personally, I think anyone who votes for Bob Barr instead of
writing-in Ron Paul is wasting their vote. For me, it's easy to
see how Bobbie is a tool for the establishment.

Write in votes for Paul won't be counted so it truly is a wasted vote. It doesn't send a message to anyone.

gb13
05-14-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm writing Paul in... I'll not vote for any of those assbags.

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Write in votes for Paul won't be counted so it truly is a wasted vote. It doesn't send a message to anyone.

If I recall correctly, there are only 6 states where 'write-ins' don't count.

dawnbt
05-14-2008, 02:43 PM
If I recall correctly, there are only 6 states where 'write-ins' don't count.

I looked up my state a couple weeks back and the candidate has to file a form to be a write-in candidate. Not sure if Ron is going to do that.

tnvoter
05-14-2008, 04:58 PM
I think most of us are waiting until after the republican convention to decide, actually. So it was difficult to pick one of those choices.

devil21
05-14-2008, 05:03 PM
I wouldnt give them the pleasure of knowing what I plan to do. Neither should you.

mdh
05-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Why have we copied this stupid poll verbatim? There's not even an option for voting for the LP candidate who is not Bob Barr (he has not been nominated yet), one for Chuck Baldwin, nor an option for any number of possible scenarios.

This is retarded.

rancher89
05-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Exactly, Barr won't win, best he can hope for is VP and I doubt that will happen either

Libertarian Ideals
05-14-2008, 05:43 PM
The establishment has to poll everything, don't they?

I agree with Devil21. I won't give them the pleasure of knowing what I plan to do

It's none of their business anyways.

MozoVote
05-14-2008, 05:55 PM
I would not rule out the possibility that McCain and Paul will cut a deal for an endorsement. We all cheer for Paul's flinty independence, but he still *is* a politician.

V4Vendetta
05-14-2008, 06:09 PM
I wrote her, and told her that she left out an option for Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party.

Conza88
05-14-2008, 07:40 PM
I would not rule out the possibility that McCain and Paul will cut a deal for an endorsement. We all cheer for Paul's flinty independence, but he still *is* a politician.

Wrong. And I will bet my life on it... seriously, if Ron Paul endorses McCain - I'll give you my lifes savings, and be your slave.

In case you haven't noticed... Ron Paul is NOT a politician. He's a statesmen.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
05-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Wrong. And I will bet my life on it... seriously, if Ron Paul endorses McCain - I'll give you my lifes savings, and be your slave.

In case you haven't noticed... Ron Paul is NOT a politician. He's a statesmen.

I wouldn't completely rule it out either.

In order to win, McCain and the GOP NEED the Paul supporters. In order to save the GOP from irrelevancy, the party needs the Paul supporters.

As for the election, NC doesn't count write-ins, so no Paul :(.

If Barr is the LP nominee, and is on the NC ballot, I'll probably vote for him.

If McCain and the GOP do cut a deal with Ron Paul, I may vote McCain, IF the deal gives Ron Paul a big say in the administration.

dawnbt
05-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Why have we copied this stupid poll verbatim? There's not even an option for voting for the LP candidate who is not Bob Barr (he has not been nominated yet), one for Chuck Baldwin, nor an option for any number of possible scenarios.

This is retarded.

I copied it verbatim to find if the results would be the same. True Ron Paul supporters on this site vs. any tom, dick, or harry dingbat on that site. Wired is asking for Ron Paul supporters to take the poll but you know that many others will too. Hence, not retarted if you read the post.

nf7mate
05-15-2008, 08:12 AM

+1

Conza88
05-15-2008, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't completely rule it out either.

In order to win, McCain and the GOP NEED the Paul supporters. In order to save the GOP from irrelevancy, the party needs the Paul supporters.

As for the election, NC doesn't count write-ins, so no Paul :(.

If Barr is the LP nominee, and is on the NC ballot, I'll probably vote for him.

If McCain and the GOP do cut a deal with Ron Paul, I may vote McCain, IF the deal gives Ron Paul a big say in the administration.

Check your premises. You think the GOP wants to win.. ;)

Aratus
08-23-2008, 09:46 AM
this poll is still open!

TruthisTreason
08-23-2008, 09:48 AM

+1

If he is on my ballot! On this poll I picked Barr; he is my second choice.

aspiringconstitutionalist
08-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Why did you leave out Chuck Baldwin?????

Andrew-Austin
08-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Don't bump old threads. :eek:

RonPaulFever
08-23-2008, 10:19 AM

I thought there were only a handful of idiots here who planned to do a write-in. According to the poll, there are 60 so far. When I see such stupidity it makes me wonder if I haven't wasted the last year of my life.

Aratus
08-23-2008, 10:30 AM
does the choise of joe biden by bsarack obama change anything? most likely many of us will go third party...

brooklyn
08-23-2008, 11:44 AM
No write ins for Nevada either!:mad:

westmich4paul
08-23-2008, 10:03 PM
I am looking at this poll and the other poll and I am like why would anyone vote for McCain? Obama I can understand a little, not much but a little. But to have spent all this time trying to get Paul the nomination and then after that was considered futile. I was under the understanding that we were trying to bring the GOP back to it's founding roots from which the Party has strayed far away from. My thought is if John McCain wins this election how much harder will it be to try to invoke change into the Party's platform. I hope I maybe wrong here but to me a vote for Obama no matter the taste of throw up in my mouth afterwards would still benefit the movement while a vote for McCain would kinda be like shooting ourselves in the foot. Am I mistaken? If I am please enlighten me because I would love to hear from someone voting for McCain please tell me how this helps us?

Grimnir Wotansvolk
08-23-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm starting a write-in campaign for A Bowl Of Cereal