PDA

View Full Version : Poll shows both Clinton and Obama beating McCain

LEK
05-14-2008, 08:09 AM
(Because polls are so trustworthy...)

McCain trails both Democrats in a new poll.

(CNN) — While exit polls from the West Virginia primary seemed to suggest the party is deeply divided between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, a new poll out Wednesday suggests either candidate would easily beat Republican John McCain in the fall.

According to a new Quinnipiac University poll, both Democratic candidates beat McCain by a gap well outside the margin of error. Obama beats McCain by 7 points in the poll, 47 percent to 40 percent, while Hillary Clinton bests the Arizona senator by 5 points, 46 percent to 41 percent.

The poll carries a margin of error of plus or minus 2.4 points and was conducted from May 8-12.

Clinton and Obama's relatively strong standing against McCain in the poll appear to dispel notions that Democratic party may be unable to come together around one candidate in the fall, even as West Virginia exit polls reported majorities of both candidates' supporters would not support the other candidate in the general election.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

MRoCkEd
05-14-2008, 08:13 AM
I want Mccain to lose, but I don't want a democrat to win.

I guess I'll look on the bright side: no matter what, someone I dislike will lose

LEK
05-14-2008, 08:26 AM
The whole thing is a ruse to appease the American-Idol brainwashed public.
You get any one of them - you get the same.

What is interesting is "them" putting McCain in the spot-light, a sure loser from the get-go. And then you have the loyalists who accept his presumptive nominee status without question when in fact, in their heart of hearts, they know better.

What a time we are witnessing for the USA.

Mr. Coolidge
05-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Obama beats McCain by 7 points in the poll, 47 percent to 40 percent, while Hillary Clinton bests the Arizona senator by 5 points, 46 percent to 41 percent.

The poll carries a margin of error of plus or minus 2.4 points and was conducted from May 8-12.
Notice that in both cases, this only adds up to 87%. The rest refuse to support the Big Party nominees. Hah!