PDA

View Full Version : Approximately one year ago today, Ron Paul woke me up.

AggieforPaul
05-14-2008, 02:32 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=G7d_e9lrcZ8

Although I didnt know it at the time. I was with Giuliani during that exchange, until i actually did some research and was shocked to find that Al Qaeda doesn't give a shit about our freedoms, and was pissed off that we were supporting Israel, and building bases on their holy sites.

Conza88
05-14-2008, 02:53 AM
I have a nice ticking clock at DP, which stands at about 32 weeks. Seems WAY too long ago, seems like yesterday I woke up. I was searching or watching some Noam Chomsky clips on the net, (I had woken up a little bit, its like I was always open to it, I was just never offered it.) Anyway, I came accross a Ron Paul comment. "Ron Paul America's Only Hope" or something of the like..

Well I thought, who is Ron Paul? ;) --- youtube search, and two days later.. having not been able to find a flaw.. I was sold. :D A hero emerges.

Akus
05-14-2008, 02:57 AM
after starting to read just a few pages of Foreign Policy of Freedom and listening to these "news reporters" trying to paint Ron Paul into some kind of a moral corner, I can't possibly believe anything the idiot box tells me....

Are you suggesting United States of America caused the attack on 9/11? - God what a jerk.

hillbilly123069
05-14-2008, 03:18 AM
And I see more things going on everyday that scare the Hell out me over what's coming.

georgiaboy
05-14-2008, 08:41 AM
That fateful South Carolina debate. For one person on the stage to state that we shouldn't have gone into Iraq, and that conservatives have traditionally been anti-war -- that rocked my world, and validated concerns I had been burying in my soul, especially after having read "The Creature from Jekyll Island", and then seeing obvious posturing to drive America into invading Iran.

Then to find out that this guy's positions on the economy, the size of gov't, and the Fed were rock solid, and combined with his principled voting record, his personal and political choices -- wow, he's the real deal, a citizen legislator, not an empty-shirted politician.

Regardless of where the revolution goes, for the way he lives and stands on principle, and for the principles on which he stands, Ron Paul will forever be one of the few people in my life I look to as a role model and hero.

georgiaboy

torchbearer
05-14-2008, 08:45 AM
I knew of a lot of what Ron Paul is talking about as far back as 12 years ago.
What he did was help me connect some of the dots.
Ron Paul made me smarter in that regard and it happened a year ago this month.

Ozwest
05-14-2008, 09:14 AM
I knew of a lot of what Ron Paul is talking about as far back as 12 years ago.
What he did was help me connect some of the dots.
Ron Paul made me smarter in that regard and it happened a year ago this month.
Yeah but torchbearer...

God damn, you have always played it straight.

Aren't you a bit pissed off!

C'mon tell me your not .

Ozwest
05-14-2008, 09:17 AM
I remember endless Blimp threads...

torchbearer
05-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah but torchbearer...

God damn, you have always played it straight.

Aren't you a bit pissed off!

C'mon tell me your not .

Its the same "pissed off" feeling i've been dealing with for 12 years. I'm used to it.
I watch as our dumbass people in this country cheer on their own demise.
It is almost entertaining.... Just picture them as self-important monkeys.

Ozwest
05-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Its the same "pissed off" feeling i've been dealing with for 12 years. I'm used to it.
I watch as our dumbass people in this country cheer on their own demise.
It is almost entertaining.... Just picture them as self-important monkeys.Blood oath Torchbearer...

Surfs Up!