PDA

View Full Version : Funny think about '08

JMann
05-13-2008, 10:48 PM
What I find the most funny and disturbing thing about this election year is that the Democrats are going to nominate someone that has absolutely no chance at winning the general election in '08. The only exception to that is if McCain gets hurt by Bob Barr but save that there is absolutely no chance of Obama winning against McCain in November.

Like it or not, call it prejudice, bigoted or racist but there is no way in hell that the swing states will vote for a young, typical tax and spend left wing radical who happens to be African American over a pro war middle of the road Republican.

I'm not a Clinton fan but this is the obvious reason why Bill was saying the Obama candidacy was a fantasy months ago. Since March 1st Hillary has won about 2/3 of the states and popular vote... Dems don't even support Obama since they have learned about him. Yet the rank and file Dems still think he has a shot at winning the presidency. I find that hilarious and typical of the Dems, they are well known for putting up the weakest candidate against weak Republicans.

Nate SY
05-13-2008, 10:51 PM
I think you're forgetting that 25% of McCain's base... hates him. McCain is weak, and will get murdered in the general election. Obama will wipe the floor with him. As much as I hate Obama and Hillary, I hate McCain more. And I know that a large portion of conservatives feel this way, even though we won't support Obama or Hillary there is no way that McCain will win without his base.

EDIT: Forgot to add that McCain won't get hurt by Bob Barr, it might end up looking like it but any vote that goes for Barr as opposed to McCain will just be an anti-McCain vote and would be cast against McCain regardless of whether they voted for Barr or anyone else.

RSLudlum
05-13-2008, 10:57 PM
The views in these two above posts goes to show exactly how confused the American public in general are on the candidates and the current situation our country is in.

Nate SY
05-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Gonna add in that my view is coming from what I have seen in WA, here I've noticed more and more Republicans complaining about McCain, and 90% (just speculations, no actual statistics) of the middle ground voters I have met are following Obama, oh and get this... they say they like him because "he's a good speaker!"... The other 10% end up following Paul when they let me talk to them. A candidate can't win without part of his base, especially when the middle ground is already tilted so far towards his opposition, hence I am of the opinion that Obama will smash McCain.

DirtMcGirt
05-13-2008, 11:08 PM
This primary season makes republicans looks like the grown up party that get's stuff done and the democrats as party that is destined to destroy themselves, I wish the sheep would be ready to take a 3rd party serious.

JMann
05-13-2008, 11:08 PM
I think you're forgetting that 25% of McCain's base... hates him. McCain is weak, and will get murdered in the general election. Obama will wipe the floor with him. As much as I hate Obama and Hillary, I hate McCain more. And I know that a large portion of conservatives feel this way, even though we won't support Obama or Hillary there is no way that McCain will win without his base.

EDIT: Forgot to add that McCain won't get hurt by Bob Barr, it might end up looking like it but any vote that goes for Barr as opposed to McCain will just be an anti-McCain vote and would be cast against McCain regardless of whether they voted for Barr or anyone else.

The only way Obama will beat McCain is if BobBarr takes off. Obama can't get the electoral votes against McCain. Like it or not McCain is perceived as being independent and middle of the road. Middle America will not vote for a left wing, tax and spend marxist liberal from Chicago. That just won't happen, at least not in the electoral college. The one democrat that couldn't beat the one republican in this year's general would be Obama v. McCain.

tomveil
05-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Gonna add in that my view is coming from what I have seen in WA, here I've noticed more and more Republicans complaining about McCain, and 90% (just speculations, no actual statistics) of the middle ground voters I have met are following Obama, oh and get this... they say they like him because "he's a good speaker!"... The other 10% end up following Paul when they let me talk to them. A candidate can't win without part of his base, especially when the middle ground is already tilted so far towards his opposition, hence I am of the opinion that Obama will smash McCain.

Ditto here. My buisness is now almost 100% Ron Paul, just because they hang out there and hear me talk about him. You going to be at the State Convention?

Alawn
05-13-2008, 11:15 PM
What I find the most funny and disturbing thing about this election year is that the Democrats are going to nominate someone that has absolutely no chance at winning the general election in '08. The only exception to that is if McCain gets hurt by Bob Barr but save that there is absolutely no chance of Obama winning against McCain in November.

Like it or not, call it prejudice, bigoted or racist but there is no way in hell that the swing states will vote for a young, typical tax and spend left wing radical who happens to be African American over a pro war middle of the road Republican.

I'm not a Clinton fan but this is the obvious reason why Bill was saying the Obama candidacy was a fantasy months ago. Since March 1st Hillary has won about 2/3 of the states and popular vote... Dems don't even support Obama since they have learned about him. Yet the rank and file Dems still think he has a shot at winning the presidency. I find that hilarious and typical of the Dems, they are well known for putting up the weakest candidate against weak Republicans.

You are out of your mind. It doesn't matter who the Democrats nominate. There is no chance they will lose.

patriot2008
05-13-2008, 11:20 PM
I totally agree with you on the Race thing. I don't want any of these bozos of course, but I do fear Mcain as the worst warmonger. Could be wrong there though, since one can't really believe any of them.

RSLudlum
05-13-2008, 11:24 PM
I really have no idea what is to come, but you definitely can't rule out the "Bush Factor" and "War Factor" which McCain is easily associated. With those two subjects along with the economic situation looming over the voters heads, any association with the current admistration could very realistically lead to doom for McCain, whether Obama or Clinton is the Dem nominee.

spudea
05-13-2008, 11:29 PM
obama will win by a significant margin. Anyone not voting for him based on race, were prolly gonna vote for McCain anyways.

spudea
05-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Middle America will not vote for a left wing, tax and spend marxist liberal from Chicago.

you give the sheeple too much credit

Alawn
05-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Seriously the Republicans had virtually no chance at all to win no matter who they nominated simply because so many people are mad at Bush enough to not vote for anyone with a R next to their name. The only chance they had at all was to nominate an anti war Republican and they blew it. People have been running screaming to the other side for the last couple years. McCain will lose for sure really bad unless he cheats.

JMann
05-13-2008, 11:35 PM
You are out of your mind. It doesn't matter who the Democrats nominate. There is no chance they will lose.

That may be the most stupid political observation I've ever seen. There is about a zero percent chance that Obama would beat McCain in the general election. As much as I hate the Clintons, but I know they are political masterminds and they have been trying to tell the Dem's for 6 months that they are crazy if they think Obama has any chance of winning in November.

Obama is not only young, inexperienced and very left wing but he is trying to come from the senate and is African American with pretty much no life achievements. Running against a liberal Republican that has spent the last 30 years working the middle.

Unless something unpredictable happens McCain will beat Obama by about the same margin HW Bush beat Dukakis.

Don't ask me ask Paul Begala who just said last week the Dems can't win with African Americans and egg heads.

This is what most Dems know- because since March 1st Hill has won about 2/3 of the states and popular vote and that is why she is still in the race. If Obama hadn't taken an early lead he wouldn't even be in the race anymore.

Libertytree
05-13-2008, 11:40 PM
First and foremost...They are ALL traitors owned by the same people, there is no difference in either of them.

One big dog and pony show...Boma wins by a landslide and has his mandate from the sheeple.

JMann
05-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Seriously the Republicans had virtually no chance at all to win no matter who they nominated simply because so many people are mad at Bush enough to not vote for anyone with a R next to their name. The only chance they had at all was to nominate an anti war Republican and they blew it. People have been running screaming to the other side for the last couple years. McCain will lose for sure really bad unless he cheats.

I would agree except for the fact that the Republican selected McCain, who I despise, but is respected by the masses against a young marxist black democrat from Checa'go that has almost no chance of winning the south or the mid west. If you know anything about the electoral college then you will know there is almost no chance of Obama winning in November. He won't win PA, OH, MI and very well could lose states like NJ and MN.

intelliot
05-14-2008, 12:21 AM
McCain mentioned Ron Paul in his interview with the Daily Show. "Ron Paul is still in the race, you know..."

It's in Part 2. It's a very brief mention.

Video is embedded here, part 2 (http://www.johnmccain.com/blog/Read.aspx?guid=55d6c827-68c3-4d06-82ba-358892082733)

tremendoustie
05-14-2008, 12:35 AM
I don't like either of them, but at least if Obama wins, we have a great chance to accellerate our recovery of the republican party. If McCain wins, I'm afraid the party's going to permentantly stand for warmongering and big invasive government.

Maybe Barr will win! I just realized I should stop having such a defeatist attitude ...

Grandson of Liberty
05-14-2008, 01:07 AM
Obama can't get the electoral votes against McCain.

I dunno, the way I see it, any Dem gets about 124 vote head start with California, New York, Michigan, and Illinois alone. And there are plenty of other states that could go the dems way pretty dang easy with the GOP unable to pull in the RP (or Barr) voters.

As for me, I'd kinda like to see little 3 vote Wyoming be the swing state and have RP or a third party candidate win it and leave the electoral race stuck at 268-267-3, with no one getting the magic 270. That would cause a sh*t-storm like you wouldn't believe! :eek:

american.swan
05-14-2008, 01:48 AM
McCain mentioned Ron Paul in his interview with the Daily Show. "Ron Paul is still in the race, you know..."

It's in Part 2. It's a very brief mention.

Video is embedded here, part 2 (http://www.johnmccain.com/blog/Read.aspx?guid=55d6c827-68c3-4d06-82ba-358892082733)

What kind of Presidential candidate mentions his biggest problem like that? Something just ain't right.

Nate SY
05-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Ditto here. My buisness is now almost 100% Ron Paul, just because they hang out there and hear me talk about him. You going to be at the State Convention?

I'm not positive if I'll be there, I'm making every effort possible but it really depends on if I get a new job started before then, and if I can get something worked out with my father to get down there.

Broadlighter
05-14-2008, 06:31 PM
The party scientists are going to try damn hard to ensure that the vote in November resembles demographics and big media polls. Forget about ideology and issues. It's who likes who and the scientists are going to want you to vote within your box, even if they have to committ some electronic voting fraud to get the results they want.

They say Obama appeals to the liberals, the university-degreed and minorities.
Clinton appeals to the working-class, family-type Reagan Democrats.
McCain will get whoever, most likely those employed in the military-industrial complex. By themselves they can't win.

The Reagan Democrats will win this election - they say.

We're possibly looking at Nixon vs. McGovern again. However, we don't know what level of dissatisfaction there is with the Bush years. It's easy to believe that it's high when we're in here talking amongst ourselves. The volume is so deafening, we're not hearing what the silent majority, whoever they are, are really thinking. The 2006 midterms should be a clue, but then again, Nixon beat McGovern by a landslide in 1972, during an upopular war. In fact, the Watergate scandal was instigated by the Nixon campaign's strategy of ensuring that McGovern got the Democratic nomination.

The question is, will history repeat itself?

ClockwiseSpark
05-14-2008, 06:53 PM
What kind of Presidential candidate mentions his biggest problem like that? Something just ain't right.

They were talking about the fight in the Democratic primaries and Jon said something about a beanbag fight instead and McCan't mentioned Ron Paul. It was meant to be an insult.

Jeremy
05-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Are you kidding me? Do you realize how weak the Republican party is? Do you realize how many people want to get out of Iraq?

Joseph Hart
05-14-2008, 07:17 PM
I say we all focus on getting Ron Paul the nomination at the convention. Expose McCain as much as you can.

AJ Antimony
05-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Funny think about '08 is that the only candidate who made sense and would follow the Constitution is the one treated as shit.

puppetmaster
05-14-2008, 07:21 PM
If obama gets the democratic nod and survives to get to the general election then I think he wins. But I still have a funny feeling the Hill is the "chosen one"
Some way she will be president either by election or default.....

Remember they are all part of the same party, just different sub-parties.

of course I still prefer Congressman Paul.

Nate SY
05-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Funny think about '08 is that the only candidate who made sense and would follow the Constitution is the one treated as shit.

Too bad it really isn't that funny... Sad stuff eh?