PDA

View Full Version : Do you know about this?

hopeforamerica
05-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Interesting bank protest idea:

http://thisjune5th.com/

idiom
05-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Holy Crap.

That will get your ass busted. That would collapse the global economy. Not the most brilliant idea yet.

Kludge
05-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Holy Crap.

That will get your ass busted. That would collapse the global economy. Not the most brilliant idea yet.

It goes hand in hand with counter-economics by reducing monies set for investment and circulation. *shrug* It appears that we're only buying (literally) time with the current politicians. I'd say this is the 2nd action if a political revolution fails, and then we can try for congress again....

So long as we aren't resorting to aggression, I don't much mind anything being done to move away from authoritarian government.

idiom
05-13-2008, 11:23 PM
This is conspiracy to destroy the United States Government.

Read 'OMG!!! they are all terrorists!!! NUKE EM!!!!'

Kludge
05-13-2008, 11:24 PM
This is conspiracy to destroy the United States Government.

Read 'OMG!!! they are all terrorists!!! NUKE EM!!!!'

Glad I'm not in NH :)

madRazor
05-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Holy Crap.

Yeah, instigating bank runs is "illegal" but doesn't that fact just underscore how effed up the system is?

A better idea is just to somehow get everyone onto preferring assets over debt. Pay down ALL your debt, including your house and cars. Destroy money that way; it's perfectly "legal." Stick it to 'em!

idiom
05-13-2008, 11:40 PM
This is not instigating a mere bank run. This is running all the banks when the Bank of Last Resort is already nearing breaking point.

Everyone keeping their Rebate checks and failing to spend them hurts the economy. Removing all the banks messes it up so much more than you realise.