PDA

View Full Version : why wont Ahmadinejad just stfu

Uriel999
05-13-2008, 08:43 PM
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/205101,ahmadinejad-israel-to-be-swept-away-soon.html

seriously, I know he is probably just pandering to his people, but really, statements like this are just going to further the neo-con sentiment to invade Iran.

Bruno
05-13-2008, 08:44 PM
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/205101,ahmadinejad-israel-to-be-swept-away-soon.html

seriously, I know he is probably just pandering to his people, but really, statements like this are just going to further the neo-con sentiment to invade Iran.

You don't think that's what he wants? He's taunting us, and we will fall for it.

TER
05-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Does anyone know if decaf sells well in the middle east?

OptionsTrader
05-13-2008, 08:57 PM
You don't think that's what he wants? He's taunting us, and we will fall for it.

You have got to be kidding.
Iran poses zero threat to "us" as in the American people. So what if he verbally busts bush's balls.

Zulf
05-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Yea seriously, the guy just needs to STFU. Worry about the economic issues your country faces, or then again maybe that's precisely why he talks so much. To deflect attention.

DAFTEK
05-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Howbout all of you shut the f..k up! Bush should lick his hairy balls......

sratiug
05-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Given the history of the zionist influence, the formation of Israel, and the Israeli/zionist influence in America, how can anyone doubt the negative influence of the very existence of the Jewish state of Israel? Is the Jewish state's claim to Israel any more valid the the United States claim to Iraq for the next 100 years?

Uriel999
05-13-2008, 09:18 PM
"Given the history of the zionist influence, the formation of Israel, and the Israeli/zionist influence in America, how can anyone doubt the negative influence of the very existence of the Jewish state of Israel? Is the Jewish state's claim to Israel any more valid the the United States claim to Iraq for the next 100 years?"

Yeah, well here is the thing, you may have that opinion but the people leading our country don't. The people leading this country love them some Israel, and if Iran keeps talking shit against them, Bush or whoever the next president is will use statements like this (which once again I think is him just pandering to his people) will result not in Israel being taken off the map, but Iran. And I don't know about you, but I don't want another war...especially as the strain on our military could result in the need for a draft.

Perry
05-13-2008, 09:24 PM

Well...the truth is he does want to wipe Israel off the face of the map.
If in reality he posed no threat to Israel the entire middle east thing would be simple. The fact is he's an Islamic extremist.
Arab society is very different than western society. I won't say they are more violent but violence is and always has been a part of these nations.
There are just no easy answers. I too have wished on many occasions he would just stfu.

PatriotOne
05-13-2008, 09:25 PM
While Bush is spewing his propaganda, Ahmadinejad has visited Iraq this week and agreements are being signed.

Iran to establish trade centers in Iraq Service: Economy
1387/02/21
05-10-2008
17:33:53
News Code :8702-12517

http://www.isna.ir/Main/NewsView.aspx?ID=News-1128623&Lang=E

ISNA - Tehran
Service: Economy

TEHRAN, May 10 (ISNA)-Iran is ready to establish trade centers in northern, southern and eastern Iraq to introduce domestic capabilities, said the head of Iran-Iraq chamber of commerce, industries and mines.

Iran can also support Iraq in building 10 million residential units needed by the country, Hussein Tiz Maghz said.

Earlier the Iranian has called for establishment of branches of Iranian banks in Iraq.

“Establishment of Iranian banks in the country would secure bilateral trade and foreign currency of the two countries businessmen.”

The official also said through expanding bilateral economic, cultural and social relations, the two countries would witness a boost in relations.

14 fairs are to be held in the two countries in an attempt to show capabilities and potentials, the official said adding Tehran will host a health fair in summer.

The amount of Iran-Iraq bilateral trade exchanges reached 2.8 billion dollars in 2007 being raised by 2 billion dollars comparing to the same period last year.

Iran is also to establish airlines between Mashhad, Iran’s northeastern city and Najaf, Basra and Baghdad.

Also Iranian ambassador to Iraq, Hassan Kazemi Qomi participating in the ceremony also said Tehran and Baghdad taking all steps necessary to implement previously-signed agreements have signed 95 memorandums of understanding.

Khorasan, Iran’s southeastern province possessing experiences on car manufacturing, agriculture and tourism can pave the way to strengthen Tehran-Baghdad economic ties, he said.

This Iranian province with major economic organizations working in domains including industry and mining, goods exports and imports, engineering and technical services, construction and agriculture can make investments in Iraq if supported by Iraqi trade organizations, he added.

End Item

Mongoose470
05-13-2008, 09:28 PM

Because we have an administration that is so easily provoked and a nation that is so easily misled.

Zolah
05-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Well...the truth is he does want to wipe Israel off the face of the map.
If in reality he posed no threat to Israel the entire middle east thing would be simple. The fact is he's an Islamic extremist.
Arab society is very different than western society. I won't say they are more violent but violence is and always has been a part of these nations.
There are just no easy answers. I too have wished on many occasions he would just stfu.

Couple problems with what you said -

He doesn't want to get rid of Israel, he wants to get rid of the Zionist regime that runs it, and he has differentiated this from Judaism, Jews and Israel. The reality is Iran really does poes no threat of aggression, we're talking about a different kind of Islam from Saddam Hussein, though Ahmadinejad does pander by saying Iran will defend itself with all its might, etc. - main thing is they pose no threat, the ones making threats are Americans like Clinton, for example. And Iran is not an Arab society, roughly 3-4% of their population is Arab, but generally you're right, their society is very different, and closely related to weapons, etc. I don't think they're more violent though, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_homicide_rate

Looking at Middle Eastern countries such as UAE, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Syria, they all apparently have lower homicide rates than the United Kingdom. Iran and Israel have similar homicide rates, close to the homicide rate in my country Scotland (which isn't surprising in case you've never been to Scotland).
Then there's Yemen and Palestine, which have higher rates than the rest of the countries in the Middle East apart from Pakistan apparently, but still lower homicide rates than USA.

N.B, don't know how relevant this post might be but feel like posting it anyway..