PDA

View Full Version : Ahmadinejad: Israel to be 'swept away soon'

TER
05-13-2008, 08:25 PM
link (http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/205101,ahmadinejad-israel-to-be-swept-away-soon.html)

And so the war drums get louder and the hate machine gets stronger and people are dying in squalor and under rubble.

Carehn
05-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Why is every one wound so tight these days?

yongrel
05-13-2008, 08:30 PM

No one drinks decaf anymore.

amy31416
05-13-2008, 08:45 PM

Screw decaf, that's like drinking non-alcoholic beer. What? You just want to smell like a drunk?

WOO!

Kotin
05-13-2008, 08:57 PM
yeah near-beer.. ugh.

some O'Douls.. ;)

IPSecure
05-13-2008, 09:08 PM

What is the purpose of unleaded coffee?

Kind of like the old saying, you cannot have your cake and eat it too.
(What is then, the purpose of the cake?)

TER
05-13-2008, 09:22 PM
What is the purpose of unleaded coffee?

Kind of like the old saying, you cannot have your cake and eat it too.
(What is then, the purpose of the cake?)

uh oh. Methinks this thread might start getting philosophical... someone put a pot of apple cider on the stove.

paul_v
05-14-2008, 02:12 AM
This is the only problem I had with Ron Paul's platform. He wants to talk to our enemies. Why would anyone want to talk to someone as irrational as Amadinajad? I wouldn't want to associate myself with him.

Zolah
05-14-2008, 02:19 AM
This is the only problem I had with Ron Paul's platform. He wants to talk to our enemies. Why would anyone want to talk to someone as irrational as Amadinajad? I wouldn't want to associate myself with him.

Because by talking to him he wouldn't be our "enemy" (since when is he anyway), same thing with Chavez, Castro and whoever else the media wants you to hate. Not having enemies = good thing..

Conza88
05-14-2008, 02:22 AM

http://tobefree.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/image4.jpg

paul_v
05-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Because by talking to him he wouldn't be our "enemy" (since when is he anyway), same thing with Chavez, Castro and whoever else the media wants you to hate. Not having enemies = good thing..

Ignoring someone doesn't make them an enemy. I mean what would they have to talk about?

Amidinajad= "Israel must die and America is satan!"
Paul = "uh ok, wanna trade?"

Conza88
05-14-2008, 02:25 AM
Ignoring someone doesn't make them an enemy. I mean what would they have to talk about?

Why don't you listen? Pick up the phone.

http://www.uberreview.com/wp-content/uploads/cellphone-sheep1.jpg

Pretty sure if you ignore your GF for long enough, she becomes your enemy. :rolleyes:

raiha
05-14-2008, 02:28 AM
Good one Conza 88!LOL.

Paul_v, Its when you (as in GWB) talk to your friends (Israel) that i really start to worry!! You should too!

paul_v
05-14-2008, 02:34 AM
Why don't you listen? Pick up the phone.

http://www.uberreview.com/wp-content/uploads/cellphone-sheep1.jpg

Pretty sure if you ignore your GF for long enough, she becomes your enemy. :rolleyes:

Well yeah if they request a dialogue then don't give them the cold shoulder. I meant I don't see why anyone would want to pick up the phone and call Amidinajad up. He's a total nutjob.

Zolah
05-14-2008, 02:37 AM

Amidinajad= "Israel must die and America is satan!"
Paul = "uh ok, wanna trade?"

First of all - http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1348/americaisrael781822bh9.jpg right?

Second of all -
We have several trade sanctions set up against Iran atm, and there are threats against Iran every week from USA, including from presidential candidates, I'd say that if Ahmadinejad was pissed off at America that it wouldn't be illogical.

Third of all -
Your exaggeration is grossly incorrect, Ahmadinejad (observe spelling btw) has never threatened Israel as an entity, or its people, he and the Ayatollah of Iran have repeatedly expressed their complete non-agressive attitudes. But anyway, leading by example and trading with all countries is the way forward - reduced resentment from sanctioned countries (like Cuba), more cooperation from sanctioned countries, avoiding conflict from people affected by sanctions, plus better standard of living for people who benefit from previously sanctioned countries, if we get rid of sanctions and start trading with them. A brief look at the history of conflict regarding Cuba should show you that sanctioning countries have NO benefits for either party, and yet we still create new sanctions for different countries to try and get them to do what we want them to do. What we should be doing is cooperating with them, trading with them and offering them incentives, and most importantly leading by example - instead of using military to enforce our idealogies in the Middle East could lead to fringe regimes doing the same thing in Africa for example, spreading tyranny.

LittleLightShining
05-14-2008, 05:42 AM
Your exaggeration is grossly incorrect, Ahmadinejad (observe spelling btw) has never threatened Israel as an entity, or its people, he and the Ayatollah of Iran have repeatedly expressed their complete non-agressive attitudes. But anyway, leading by example and trading with all countries is the way forward - reduced resentment from sanctioned countries (like Cuba), more cooperation from sanctioned countries, avoiding conflict from people affected by sanctions, plus better standard of living for people who benefit from previously sanctioned countries, if we get rid of sanctions and start trading with them. A brief look at the history of conflict regarding Cuba should show you that sanctioning countries have NO benefits for either party, and yet we still create new sanctions for different countries to try and get them to do what we want them to do. What we should be doing is cooperating with them, trading with them and offering them incentives, and most importantly leading by example - instead of using military to enforce our idealogies in the Middle East could lead to fringe regimes doing the same thing in Africa for example, spreading tyranny.

+1

silentboom
05-14-2008, 06:52 AM

Government intervention causes it. If the American people were dealing directly with the Iranian people there would be alot less of this. Two governments negotiating is like two bulls in a china shop. Unfortunately we are the china. The governments are "in the way". I know I would personally try to talk to Iranian people online but I'm afraid that will get the feds to knock on my door. Do you guys feel safe looking at Iranian websites or posting on Iranian forums? I don't think the government wants us doing it and I would worry to be labeled terrorist under the patriot act.