PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Scholarship Fund?

Sarkin
05-13-2008, 05:44 PM
*shrug* Crazy idea I had, but what about a scholarship fund for people who are going to major in political science and go into politics? I can't say that I came about this idea selflessly, I'll be entering college in fall of 2009 doing this. However, since most of the Revolution is young, passionate, and interested in politics, this makes sense in a broader fashion. What do you guys think?

Printo
05-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Only if they are of the Ron Paul Republican ideology. I wouldn't want some Marxist or Neocon getting a free ride :D

Sarkin
05-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Well, like pretty much any scholarship, there would be an essay requirement.

CorkyAgain
05-27-2008, 04:59 PM
I would also tie it to the college and program of study.

For example, I could get behind a scholarship fund for students studying Austrian economics at Auburn with the Mises Institute. In fact, I think they might already have such a fund...

brianewart
05-29-2008, 10:08 PM
*shrug* Crazy idea I had, but what about a scholarship fund for people who are going to major in political science and go into politics? I can't say that I came about this idea selflessly, I'll be entering college in fall of 2009 doing this. However, since most of the Revolution is young, passionate, and interested in politics, this makes sense in a broader fashion. What do you guys think?

Why would I want to vote for a PoliSci major? How about a scholarship for people to study Austrian Economics instead.

Ron Paul studies Austrian Economics.

Ron Reagan had a BA in economics.

Sarkin
06-01-2008, 09:04 AM
I suppose the major doesn't matter, as long as the intent is to go into politics with the Ron Paul ideology.

newyearsrevolution08
06-01-2008, 03:24 PM
I think something that would make perfect sense is for someone like ron paul to setup an online training site that TEACHES what it is we want to learn. Whether it gets credited to the college credits or whatever really would not matter.

I think there is something like the above in the works somewhere...... Education is key BUT hoping to get the right literature into colleges would not be too simple would it?

I think there is also the ability for people to teach at local city colleges for "electives" or whatever they might list them as. Maybe ron paul supporters who enjoy teaching could sign up as one of those teachers and help educate locals.

Not sure what all would be needed to be allowed to offer classes BUT my friends mom used to do it because it was extra cash for her and she was able to teach something she enjoyed that could not be offered during regular college classes.

countrykidz4freedom
06-05-2008, 02:24 PM
I think it would be a better plan to make all politicians pass a test on knowing what the laws of the constitution are.