PDA

View Full Version : VA Official Who Covered Up Veterans' Suicides Won't Lose Job

moostraks
05-13-2008, 08:02 AM
http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/articleid/10085

"Katz agreed that it was just a bad choice of words when he sent his colleagues an e-mail about suicide data that started out with "Shh!" in the subject line. The e-mail (which I covered in-depth last week) went on to admit that 12,000 veterans a year attempt suicide while under department treatment -- but this number should be kept from CBS News, which was studying the issue. "Is this something we should (carefully) address ourselves in some sort of release before someone stumbles on it?" the e-mail asked.

Dr. Katz told the House Veterans Affairs Committee that the e-mail had a poor tone -- even though the body contained "appropriate, healthy dialogue" about the data. "I deeply regret the subject line," Katz said. "It was an error and I apologize for that." "

Uhh...I do not see where should we address this before someone stumbles upon it is appropriate or how keeping it from the reporters is either??? Take the time to read the whole article, the end is heart wrenching for any parent to have to fathom. :(

Truth Warrior
05-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Of course not, who lost their job over the 9/11 SNAFUBAR?