PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate dictionary tool for the Ron Paul student

Perry
05-13-2008, 12:51 AM
Ifinger (http://www.download.com/Merriam-Webster-s-Concise-Dictionary/3000-2279_4-10059666.html?tag=lst-1&cdlPid=10247580)

This is a supurb little dictionary app. It's very small and freeware.
All you do is double click on a word anywhere and it instantaneously pops up the definition and disappears as soon as you click again.
After you install it go to configure and uncheck "dock in the title bar" and you'll never know it's there until you need it.

We must have an edge and this will sharpen the blade.:)

Bump when you have installed it.
(p.s. Sorry It doesn't work in Vista yet.):(

RonPaulVolunteer
05-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Ah, the Joy of Macs with built in Universal spell-check, Dictionary and Thesaurus.

BTW, On a Mac, just hover the cursor over any word and hit Command-Control-D and up pops the definition. Or right-click and choose Look up in Dictionary.

Perry
05-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Ah, the Joy of Macs with built in Universal spell-check, Dictionary and Thesaurus.

BTW, On a Mac, just hover the cursor over any word and hit Command-Control-D and up pops the definition. Or right-click and choose Look up in Dictionary.

Ok bless your mac. They are cute little toys and I have had a few. Now if only I were able to run my favorite software and games on them and add and take away hardware(graphics cards etc...) as I saw fit.:)

Kludge
05-13-2008, 01:00 AM
:cool::cool::cool: I have 8 case fans in my PC. Can you cram 8 case fans in a Mac...? Nope.

Perry
05-13-2008, 01:09 AM
:cool::cool::cool: I have 8 case fans in my PC. Can you cram 8 case fans in a Mac...? Nope.

What case are you using? I thought my case was about the only one on the market to take that many fans. I have 15 in all. 8 120mm case fans, one on each 8800 one on each chipset, one on the cpu and 2 in the psu.
It's much quieter than you may think.
Pic (http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00002471xk5.jpg)

This is the Thermaltake Mozart TX (http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/mozart_tx/MozartTX.htm)

RonPaulVolunteer
05-13-2008, 01:17 AM
Ok bless your mac. They are cute little toys and I have had a few. Now if only I were able to run my favorite software and games on them and add and take away hardware(graphics cards etc...) as I saw fit.:)

Ok wait, you said they're toys, but then criticized them for not being the best at games...

???

And the Mac can run Windows FASTER, yes FASTER, than PCs can, WHILE running OS X at the same time, and THIS CLAIM is not from Apple, but from several PC magazines.

With a Windoze box, you just limit yourself. I have the best of both world's.

Perry
05-13-2008, 01:20 AM
Ok wait, you said they're toys, but then criticized them for not being the best at games...

???

I'm sorry I didn't mean that to sound demeaning. Macs are very nice. All computers are toys. They are also amazing and powerful tools.
I've had two macs and I loved them and had all kinds of fun with them but they are limited to "what they do". Now what they do they do very well and they look good doing it but they don't do many of the things that many of us(like me) want to do.:)

RonPaulVolunteer
05-13-2008, 01:22 AM

The Mac Pro has many fans, and they are all so quiet that they can not be heard. At all.

IPSecure
05-13-2008, 01:24 AM
The Amiga can do all of this and more...

Have an Emplant Board, can emulate any computer, in a window.
Insert the ROM's, load the OS, and away you go...

Have mine running AmigaDOS, WinDoze, and MAC OS at the same time, on virtual screens.
Supports up to 2048 x 2048 Resolution...

Perry
05-13-2008, 01:33 AM
The Amiga can do all of this and more...

Have an Emplant Board, can emulate any computer, in a window.
Insert the ROM's, load the OS, and away you go...

Have mine running AmigaDOS, WinDoze, and MAC OS at the same time, on virtual screens.
Supports up to 2048 x 2048 Resolution...

What no pics? I miss dos. Dos 5.0 was the best OS ever! Good'ol doshell.:D

Fields
05-13-2008, 01:33 AM
linux bitchesssssssssss

Kludge
05-13-2008, 01:48 AM
The Mac Pro has many fans, and they are all so quiet that they can not be heard. At all.

Pffff.... With 120 cfm (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=674636&Sku=V13-4001&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&CMP=OTC-GOOGLEBASE)??? (I actually am only using 3.... But I was bored and hooked 8 tornado case fans to an old case placed haphazard. Made a nice deafening roar that was loud even outside.) Hehe... They blow themselves over standing upright.

IPSecure
05-13-2008, 01:49 AM
What no pics? I miss dos. Dos 5.0 was the best OS ever! Good'ol doshell.:D

Also, still have my TRS-80 Model I, with cassette tape storage!
Whopping 4K RAM!!!

Perry
05-13-2008, 01:53 AM
linux bitchesssssssssss

Multiple OS's!
Anyway linux is for kids. Real hackers use digital Unix. :D

Also, still have my TRS-80 Model I, with cassette tape storage!
Whopping 4K RAM!!!

You have the gold.:D
I didn't get started until the early 90's so I started on the 8086.
I keep my eye open for that stuff though. They're going up in value every year.:)