PDA

View Full Version : McCain General Election %??

nyrgoal99
05-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Pick the closest number you think McCain will get in a General Election???

Alawn
05-13-2008, 12:13 AM
25%

Even if all Republicans vote for him like sheep the Democrats will hugely outnumber them. Public opinion of Bush is so bad that every single independent will vote Democrat. If it does not end up being a landslide then there was fraud. Have you noticed how much the Democrats outnumber the Republicans in the primaries? I think it will only get worse for the general. The only people voting Republican for McCain will be the super party loyals who will go their whole life and only vote Republican no matter what.

Kludge
05-13-2008, 12:15 AM
$5 on 41%

american.swan
05-13-2008, 12:25 AM
46-48% because I believe the sheeple won't stop being sheeple.

josephadel_3
05-13-2008, 12:25 AM
46-48%

It really is incredibly depressing Ron is not the nominee.

idiom
05-13-2008, 12:46 AM
53%. He needs a clear mandate to invade Iran unilaterally on the suspicion that they are building a Black Hole that threatens the entire planet.

I <3 Diebold.

DFF
05-13-2008, 12:57 AM
Yes, Diebold and any other electronic voting device can totally skew the election.

I live in Houston and saw Ron Paul signs all over the place prior to the TX primary and hardly zilch for McPain.

And Ron got crushed -- even in his own district where he in turn crushed Chris Peden.

For anybody with half a brain, it's easy to put 2 and 2 together.

The outcomes of our elections are being dictated by the men behind the curtains.

So even though Obama is FAR more popular than McWar; if the powers that be want McAsshole, that's what we'll get.

Kludge
05-13-2008, 12:59 AM
Yes, Diebold and any other electronic voting device can totally skew the election.

:rolleyes:

Conza88
05-13-2008, 01:03 AM
35% or below.... will be near the true result.
Diebold will help him out, make it look like a contest..

Anti-Hillary propaganda will help him too.

http://www.votetrustusa.org/pdfs/Diebold%20Folder/diebold_ad_paperless.jpg

american.swan
05-13-2008, 01:10 AM
I find it funny that everyone hates DieBold....only because the company changed their name and don't go by that anymore. What's their new name?

american.swan
05-13-2008, 01:17 AM
Sorry, let me correct myself. Diebold is still Diebold, but the voting machines are now under a different division called "Premier Voting Machines". Also Diebold is setting up a different management structure for Premier to "distance" itself from the lousy piece of trash that they tried to sell and no body wanted.

Which by the way makes me think. If they were trying to sell the Voting machine section, we should have bought it. We could have done wonders. Added a paper trail and maybe Rig the election for Ron Paul....oops, I didn't say that. :)

Ron Paul should take the 4 million dollars and use it as a down payment for the voting machines.

Conza88
05-13-2008, 01:24 AM
Sorry, let me correct myself. Diebold is still Diebold, but the voting machines are now under a different division called "Premier Voting Machines". Also Diebold is setting up a different management structure for Premier to "distance" itself from the lousy piece of trash that they tried to sell and no body wanted.

Which by the way makes me think. If they were trying to sell the Voting machine section, we should have bought it. We could have done wonders. Added a paper trail and maybe Rig the election for Ron Paul....oops, I didn't say that. :)

Ron Paul should take the 4 million dollars and use it as a down payment for the voting machines.

Got $3 billion? United Technologies makes $3 billion bid for Diebold (http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/03/03/business/03diebold.php)

american.swan
05-13-2008, 01:33 AM
Got $3 billion? United Technologies makes $3 billion bid for Diebold (http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/03/03/business/03diebold.php)

Good post, but Diebold was trying to sell only it's Voting Machine Company not long ago. This United Tech is not trying to buy the voting machines, their trying to take over the whole company, at least I think so. I have been wrong before.

Join The Paul Side
05-13-2008, 02:31 AM
40 - 41% Sounds right to me.

I still do believe that McCain will find a way to blow it over the summer. The more coverage he gets the better, IMO. That way when he flip flops, lies, gets pissed, ect., people will see how unelectable this jerk really is. :cool:

idiom
05-13-2008, 02:46 AM
41% percent might be enough to win if Barr and Nader help out.

qh4dotcom
05-13-2008, 03:54 AM
46-48% because I believe the sheeple won't stop being sheeple.

True but I said less than 35% because the Democrats and media are going to start attacking McCain...and maybe deteriorating economic condititions will start waking up the sheeple.

hillbilly123069
05-13-2008, 04:14 AM
The differences would be staggering!

nyrgoal99
05-13-2008, 04:44 PM
bump

sophocles07
05-13-2008, 05:41 PM
46-48

BUT

it could easily be more or less. I think it's entirely possible the American people will be scared into voting (by McCain); or illusioned into voting (by Obama).

Either way it's bad...it could go either way though.

travismofo
05-13-2008, 05:46 PM
49%

Although unfortunately I've been fearing more and more that he could win due to the large amount of support the Republican Party is giving him.

Not that I want a Democrat to win, but the Republican Party must die before it can be reborn.

MikeSmith
05-13-2008, 06:07 PM
I think McCain will get under 40% and Obama will get over 50% with third parties/write-ins getting 5%-10% for the first time since Ross Perot.

hillbilly123069
05-14-2008, 02:54 AM
existance. I sent copies to every email address I could find online for Our government.

I live in Houston and saw Ron Paul signs all over the place prior to the TX primary and hardly zilch for McPain.

And Ron got crushed -- even in his own district where he in turn crushed Chris Peden.

The outcomes of our elections are being dictated by the men behind the curtains.

So even though Obama is FAR more popular than McWar; if the powers that be want McAsshole, that's what we'll get.