PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Revolution Continues

Bradley in DC
05-12-2008, 11:06 PM
http://www.politics1.com/blog-0508.htm#0513

P2008 - GOP. Congressman Ron Paul (R) is continuing his insurgent, libertarian campaign for President against John McCain. The Los Angeles Times reports Paul is sitting on roughly $5 million in his campaign account and plans to have his supporters cause major turmoil at this summer's GOP convention. They want to embarrass McCain and the party for purportedly abandoning the fiscal and foreign policy values they believe the Republicans traditionally held. The move is also intended to give Paul clout to negotiate for a prime-time televised speaking slot at the convention.

Perry
05-13-2008, 12:35 AM
I guess some news is better than no news. I had a guy on Anandtech this morning telling me that I had no morals because I supported what Pauls people were doing at the conventions and by doing so I was not respecting the will of the people.
Interesting how the skewed mind thinks.

scholarpreneur
05-13-2008, 09:05 PM
I don't like how most of these journalists insinuate that Ron Paul is directing his supporters to do these things, like they are mindless minions doing his bidding or something.

Most of these party takeovers were totally planned and organized by individuals who took the time to research party rules and network with other local Ron Paul supporters.

It is a good way to demean the movement by making it seem like the "sore loser" Ron Paul is trying to get his supporters to break the rules to get the nomination; instead of what it really is: a grassroots revolution to take back our government for the people.

Bradley in DC
05-13-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't like how most of these journalists insinuate that Ron Paul is directing his supporters to do these things, like they are mindless minions doing his bidding or something.

The sooner we learn to stop demonizing the media the better. Most journalists have no clue how to cover us--and the hostility they get from the official campaign staff doesn't help.

Perry
05-13-2008, 09:33 PM

Most of these party takeovers were totally planned and organized by individuals who took the time to research party rules and network with other local Ron Paul supporters.

It is a good way to demean the movement by making it seem like the "sore loser" Ron Paul is trying to get his supporters to break the rules to get the nomination; instead of what it really is: a grassroots revolution to take back our government for the people.

They just don't get it. Everytime they ask Ron Paul how his supporters did some amazing thing or what their plans are and Paul says he doesn't know they simply don't comprehend that he is telling the truth.
Media are accustomed to micromanaged campaigns that have every little detail worked out along various time paths. They simply cannot conceive of a political campaign that is spontaneous and honest.

scholarpreneur
05-13-2008, 09:49 PM
They just don't get it. Everytime they ask Ron Paul how his supporters did some amazing thing or what their plans are and Paul says he doesn't know they simply don't comprehend that he is telling the truth.
Media are accustomed to micromanaged campaigns that have every little detail worked out along various time paths. They simply cannot conceive of a political campaign that is spontaneous and honest.

Journalist: So Ron, what's your secret? What tricks are you using to motivate your supporters so well?

Ron Paul: Well, it's the message. The people are attracted to my message of freedom.

Journalist: Your message....Oh you mean you are using a slick ad campaign to wrangle in new supporters?

Ron Paul: No, I mean the ideals I put forth, of freedom and prosperity, it resonates with the people.

Journalist: Prosperity? Oh so you're paying them to go to these conventions and caucuses!

Ron Paul: No! They do these things entirely by their on volition. My message of freedom must be flipping some kind of switch in a lot of people's brains.

Journalist: You mean like subliminal messaging?

Ron Paul: Arg! No! I'm not manipulating them in any way. They support me because they agree with what I have to say. In fact, my honesty is probably what attracts a lot of people who have been disenchanted by the state of politics in our country.

Journalist: No subliminal messaging? No manipulation?? Honest...eeeeeeee??? *BEEP* ERROR: DOES NOT COMPUTE. ERROR: DOES NOT COMPUTE.

(Ron Paul blows up another mainstream media drone) :D

Perry
05-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Journalist: So Ron, what's your secret? What tricks are you using to motivate your supporters so well?

Ron Paul: Well, it's the message. The people are attracted to my message of freedom.

Journalist: Your message....Oh you mean you are using a slick ad campaign to wrangle in new supporters?

Ron Paul: No, I mean the ideals I put forth, of freedom and prosperity, it resonates with the people.

Journalist: Prosperity? Oh so you're paying them to go to these conventions and caucuses!

Ron Paul: No! They do these things entirely by their on volition. My message of freedom must be flipping some kind of switch in a lot of people's brains.

Journalist: You mean like subliminal messaging?

Ron Paul: Arg! No! I'm not manipulating them in any way. They support me because they agree with what I have to say. In fact, my honesty is probably what attracts a lot of people who have been disenchanted by the state of politics in our country.

Journalist: No subliminal messaging? No manipulation?? Honest...eeeeeeee??? *BEEP* ERROR: DOES NOT COMPUTE. ERROR: DOES NOT COMPUTE.

(Ron Paul blows up another mainstream media drone) :D

Lol:p Hit the nail on the head.