View Full Version : Girl Dies after being choked by COPS

DarkReign
05-12-2008, 11:05 PM
DIGG THIS, spread the word:

http://digg.com/politics/Girl_Dies_After_Being_Choked_By_Cops

:(

*UPDATE* *UPDATE* UPDATE* PLEASE READ, IMPORTANT****************

GIRL DID NOT DIE

I mistakenly believed the title of the youtube video, and assume the girl had died. She is still alive! I apologize for my error.

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/26/earlyshow/main1658673.shtml?source=RSS&attr=U.S._1658673

Highland
05-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Bless her heart.

Uriel999
05-12-2008, 11:24 PM
I try to defend police officers in general, even doing so earlier today on a different thread, but it really gets harder and harder to defend them the more I see videos like this. However, once again, most police officers are good people and this is not the norm. At the same time, this is frustrating and I hope the family of this girl sues the hell out of that police force and those officers involved all are fired.

DarkReign
05-12-2008, 11:30 PM
It's a very sad situation...

Mitt Romneys sideburns
05-13-2008, 01:29 AM
Funny how when FOX News plays video after video of terrorists cutting off people heads, everyone here is so quick to call them on their fear mongering propaganda. You cop haters are one in the same with the shills over at FOX.

susano
05-13-2008, 02:01 AM
Funny how when FOX News plays video after video of terrorists cutting off people heads, everyone here is so quick to call them on their fear mongering propaganda. You cop haters are one in the same with the shills over at FOX.

OMG, you idiot. It's brutality and murder we don't condone. You are SICK.

LiveFree79
05-13-2008, 02:06 AM
I try to defend police officers in general, even doing so earlier today on a different thread, but it really gets harder and harder to defend them the more I see videos like this. However, once again, most police officers are good people and this is not the norm. At the same time, this is frustrating and I hope the family of this girl sues the hell out of that police force and those officers involved all are fired.

This is such a load of crap. There have been more police fuck ups lately than I dont know what. Just in CA today we had a couple of cops gun down some unarmed driver of a car because they heard shots coming the direction. Driver was killed. If cops fuck up people die plain and simple. They should be close to perfect when it comes to making mistakes.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
05-13-2008, 02:08 AM
Do you sheep not see that you are falling for the same type of fear-mongering propaganda spewed out by the neocons?

Oh nooo! Look at this video of terrorists bombing markets! Fear for your life!

Anti Federalist
05-13-2008, 03:45 AM
Do you sheep not see that you are falling for the same type of fear-mongering propaganda spewed out by the neocons?

MRS = Cop.

It's really pretty easy to figure out.

The apologists crawl out every time, and I'll bet a month's salary they are cops, cop's friends or cop's families.

The MSM is in FAVOR of authoritarian, big government, fool.

They might run this stuff because "if it bleeds it leads" but at the end of it all they take the cop's side, usually while spewing the same sort of blandishments we hear around this place, "Well, they must have done SOMETHING wrong". or some other such nonsense.

Face facts, the cops have become paramilitarized, we are no longer citizens to be served and protected, but "enemy combatants" and "hostiles" to be "taken out".

tod evans
05-13-2008, 04:20 AM
Face facts, the cops have become paramilitarized, we are no longer citizens to be served and protected, but "enemy combatants" and "hostiles" to be "taken out".

it`s been that way for over 15 yrs that i`m aware of.

Anti Federalist
05-13-2008, 04:28 AM
it`s been that way for over 15 yrs that i`m aware of.

See the "Living and dying in Police State" thread.

Time for Change
05-13-2008, 06:12 AM
That sickens me.
What qualifications are required for these cops to "Restrain" people for their own good?

Anti Federalist
05-13-2008, 06:13 AM
That sickens me.
What qualifications are required for these cops to "Restrain" people for their own good?

That's just a euphamism meaning for the cop's own good.

123tim
05-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Not that it changes much, (in regards to this being an abuse of power) but I don't think that the girl actually died. I think that she just passed out.

I was wondering about it and found this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/26/earlyshow/main1658673.shtml?source=RSS&attr=U.S._1658673

The Title of the video (not the post) seems to be misleading.

Thank you for your post.

Edited. Reworded/Replaced link with less offensive one.

Anti Federalist
05-13-2008, 06:51 AM
Not that it changes much but I don't think that the girl actually died. I think that she just passed out.

I was wondering about it and found this:
http://www.nopers.com/video/476/college_girl_abused_by_police_for_loud_music

The Title of the video (not the post) seems to be misleading.

I'll tell the truth, I didn't watch the video, I've seen enough of these incidents to know the general gist of what happened.

More, I'm trying to "draw out" some of our resident soldier sniffers and cop lovers.

FreeTraveler
05-13-2008, 06:56 AM
I'll tell the truth, I didn't watch the video, I've seen enough of these incidents to know the general gist of what happened.

More, I'm trying to "draw out" some of our resident soldier sniffers and cop lovers.

It doesn't take much to bring out MRS and prove your case against him at least. :D

angelatc
05-13-2008, 06:58 AM

The difference is that the cops are supposed to serve and protect. They used to be called public servants. Now they're jack booted thugs...oops I mean brown shirts...oops I mean Law Enforcement.

123tim
05-13-2008, 07:00 AM

You're right. The incident is still wrong. Just pointing out the the girl is still alive.

Conza88
05-13-2008, 07:42 AM

Irrational fear = chances of being killed by a terrorist.
Real fear = chances of being harassed by the state. Be it physically, emotionally or financially.

Baahhh Baahhh MRS Baaahh

Mitt Romneys sideburns
05-13-2008, 11:01 AM
MRS = Cop.

It's really pretty easy to figure out.

The apologists crawl out every time, and I'll bet a month's salary they are cops, cop's friends or cop's families.

The MSM is in FAVOR of authoritarian, big government, fool.

They might run this stuff because "if it bleeds it leads" but at the end of it all they take the cop's side, usually while spewing the same sort of blandishments we hear around this place, "Well, they must have done SOMETHING wrong". or some other such nonsense.

You owe someone a months salary. I dont know any cops.

Take your fear-mongering paranoid delusions somewhere else. I hear FOX News is hiring.

yongrel
05-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Cops Kill Babies and Use their Spinal Fluid To Grease Slip-'N-Slide at Station!

Please excuse me while I force my agenda on you while you are distracted by this intentionally emotional and manipulatively shocking headline.

Have a nice day.

belian78
05-13-2008, 11:11 AM
MRS/Yongrel,

I can recommend a good mouthwash for when you finally do pull your heads out of the sand.

good day. :D

Patriot123
05-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Disgusting. They choked a person to death... while trying to restrain her, without even abiding by her rights as a citizen. What's even worse is that the camera crew actually had the nerve to tape the person, dead.

amy31416
05-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Disgusting. They choked a person to death... while trying to restrain her, without even abiding by her rights as a citizen. What's even worse is that the camera crew actually had the nerve to tape the person, dead.

She didn't actually die, that was sensationalism. Read page 2 of the thread.

asgardshill
05-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Cops Kill Babies and Use their Spinal Fluid To Grease Slip-'N-Slide at Station!

Spinal fluid doesn't work at all well for greasing Slip-'n-Slides - its too watery and it can even carry encephalitis and other bug nasties. What you want to use instead is the pleural fluid from the lungs. Much higher surface viscosity (almost like light machine oil), and the lungs make a great applicator for the stuff.

Nirvikalpa
05-13-2008, 02:33 PM
I have never met a good cop in my life in the state of NJ.
I saw many beat their wives, their children, and take advantage of people, like this one did.
I remember going over to my friend's house, when I was 8 and her uncle was drunk, he and his wife had a fight, and he reached for his handcuffs and smacked his wife right across the face with them.
My boyfriend's father is a cop - he nearly died - he was shot right in his own station, with his own gun, by an intruder. He is the cruelest, most bastard of a person I have met in my entire life. He is a wasted life. He calls my boyfriend (his ONLY child) good for nothing, told him he might as well join the army because he can't do sh!t, so at least he'd die doing something, told him he's an intruder in THEIR house (and he and his wife are seperated - thats NOT HIS HOUSE), lies on a railroad track freaking my boyfriend out, acts all suicidal... there's not a damn day that goes by that I don't think about the good life that might have been spared had that asshole died that day.

I don't like cops, and I probably never will. But I don't doubt there there are some good ones out there - too bad the majority of them are cocky and take their authority to too high of levels. Respect isn't gained, it's earned - cops don't realize that.

Maybe it's because in in NJ - I don't know. But I have never seen a god cop in this state... it's quite sad.

question: Why were there no female cops handling the woman?

yongrel
05-13-2008, 02:38 PM
I saw many beat their wives, their children, and take advantage of people, like this one did.
I remember going over to my friend's house, when I was 8 and her uncle was drunk, he and his wife had a fight, and he reached for his handcuffs and smacked his wife right across the face with them.
My boyfriend's father is a cop - he nearly died - he was shot right in his own station, with his own gun, by an intruder. He is the cruelest, most bastard of a person I have met in my entire life. He is a wasted life. He calls my boyfriend (his ONLY child) good for nothing, told him he might as well join the army because he can't do sh!t, so at least he'd die doing something, told him he's an intruder in THEIR house (and he and his wife are seperated - thats NOT HIS HOUSE), lies on a railroad track freaking my boyfriend out, acts all suicidal... there's not a damn day that goes by that I don't think about the good life that might have been spared had that asshole died that day.

I don't like cops, and I probably never will. But I don't doubt there there are some good ones out there - too bad the majority of them are cocky and take their authority to too high of levels. Respect isn't gained, it's earned - cops don't realize that.

Maybe it's because in in NJ - I don't know. But I have never seen a god cop in this state... it's quite sad.

:rolleyes:

Mitt Romneys sideburns
05-13-2008, 04:19 PM

It was a female cop who choked her out. But she did look a little butch.

How do you people propose laws get enforced if we got rid of the police?

sratiug
05-13-2008, 04:32 PM

If there were no police we could just kill the trolls...

pcosmar
05-13-2008, 05:47 PM

I don't propose doing away with the cops.
I do propose getting rid of 98% of the laws.
That right there would reduce crime dramatically and reduce the number of law enforcement needed.
I would also propose that police be held accountable and vigorously prosecuted for any abuse of the power given them.

Yom
05-13-2008, 06:32 PM

Wait, who got shot, your boyfriend or his dad?

DarkReign
05-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Hey guys, I made a mistake! I read the youtube title, and a title off another video, and assume she died! Not to mention the narration seemed to cooberate the title.

I made a mistake, and I'm issuing a retraction...of sorts.

SHE DID NOT DIE. SHE IS STILL ALIVE. THANKS FOR STAYING SKEPTICAL, = ) .

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/26/earlyshow/main1658673.shtml?source=RSS&attr=U.S._1658673

Anti Federalist
05-15-2008, 12:52 AM
You owe someone a months salary. I dont know any cops.

Take your fear-mongering paranoid delusions somewhere else. I hear FOX News is hiring.

Sorry if I don't believe you.

Is it the "paranoid delusions" running around my brain that have released literally hundreds of people from death row, on account of them being completely innocent or having been railroaded by corrupt cops and prosecutors?

I suppose the thousands of people dead, maimed or financially ruined at the hands of "no knock" paramilitary SWAT raiders are "paranoid delusions" as well.

MRS = Cop.

Mesogen
05-15-2008, 09:06 AM

So being outraged at police choking a teenage girl = get rid of all police?

V-rod
05-15-2008, 03:12 PM
I see far more cops use kid gloves on criminals sometimes than the ones who abuse their power.
Sometimes I think many of them go too easy. I ran into annoying criminal thugs who I would like to take a brick to their face, and I would if not for the high probability of getting arrested myself..