PDA

View Full Version : Update on Tour Progress: 5/12/2008

pinkmandy
05-12-2008, 08:37 PM
This is what I have as of right now. I will update this thread as we receive more responses. I encourage people in the areas with no response to contact their meetups to fit this tour into your schedules and pull together a venue for it. It's a great opportunity to get involved, promote your local candidates, keep the Revolution alive and HAVE FUN! If you are willing to work with us to get this done in your area, please email me at meetups@freedomtour08.com or post details in this thread. Thank you to all who have already committed their energy and time!

Jersey City, NJ (Tour begins here)
~ No Response from meetups

Washington, DC

Asheville, NC

Nashville, TN
~ No response from meetups

Memphis, TN

Las Vegas, NV

San Diego, CA

Los Angeles, CA

San Francisco, CA

Portland, OR
~ Congressional Candidate William Chappell, www.williamchappell.com would very much like to see this happen. He has forwarded an email to the Portland meetup in hopes they will jump in.

Seattle, WA

Boise City, ID

Kansas City, MO

St Louis, MO
~ One response- I emailed Fred back to see if can help pull this off. He has volunteered but he is also helping with Chicago. His hands might be full.
~ Response from Branson. Debbie wants the tour to come to Branson, MO on May 30th. It is the weekend of the state convention and Dr. Paul is speaking at a rally on the 29th. Can we make this happen? Great opp to raise awareness at the state convention!

St Paul, MN

Detroit, MI

Boston, MA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEETUPS/GROUPS CONFIRMED THEY WANT TO BE IN THE TOUR AND ARE WILLING TO ORGANIZE IT ON THEIR END- These guys/gals are only waiting on dates:

Phoenix, AZ
~ Ed in Phoenix is all over this. Is prepared to take care of all arrangements and is already working on finding a group of volunteer coordinators. Go Ed!!! He also would like to coordinate having 2 local bands play as well for a big event (Phoenix has a lot of support, is very active and this could be an awesome venue imo)

Mogollon http://www.mogollonband.com/
Element 115 http://www.element115theband.com/

Boulder & Denver, CO
~ No response from larger meetups, did receive response from Ft. Collins meetup. George has offered to help with the tour for that area.
~ Received another email from a meetup group, they are moving forward with getting this going for the CO Springs area. I asked that they also contact George for assistance.

Chicago, IL
~ Rick, a Chicago Musician has offered to help. The meetup organizer, Allan, has also responded, willing to help out. Allan is running for Congress as well! That needs to be promoted as well. www.stevoforcongress.com
~ Another offer to help from Fred

***I have emailed all 3 guys and put them in touch with each other. I will update if they are ok w/working together to make this happen in Chicago***

Rhode Island
~ Not on original list, but this meetup WANTS to be on this tour. Rachael is the organizer. They are super active and organized, ready to pull it together. They have thrown 3 liberty balls, coordinated speakers for events, have a local radio talk show, book club, do letter to editor campaigns, and have booked a theater in June to show politically challenging movies. Quite a resume!

Pittsburgh, PA
~ No response from Philly, but we do have Nick in Pittsburgh ready to help out! Very active group, ready to organize and go!

I also got a response from a nearby meetup member recommending booking another band as well. www.PokerFace.com from Allentown, PA

Atlanta, GA
~ Andrea is good to go! Has musicians, venue and the people needed. Just needs date.

Salt Lake City, UT
~ They are in. Also have several local candidates that they will be promoting and possibly some local bands as well. The meetup organizers are excited.

Columbus, OH
~ Meetup organizer, Laura, is ready to help. Very organized group w/an awesome website: www.ohiofreedom.com

Dallas & San Antonio, TX
~ San Antonio meetup organizer recommends a bigger crowd in Austin.
~ Shawn in Houston has contacted me about Houston or Austin as a possibility. Haven't nailed down whether support is forthcoming.
~ Ron of thesilvereagletaphouse.com with his meetup group has The Taphouse as a venue- it is located between Austin and San Antonio. Small venue (125-150 people) but they are willing to put on a show and it is very politically charged with a history of political events.

July 4 - New York , NY (End of Tour)
~ Rick of the NY meetup has volunteered to help. He is already familiar with and involved in musical promotions for freedom.

brandon
05-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Philly meetup 972 will help. Contact me through meetup when you need anything. Same name on meetup, assistant organizer

Bryan
05-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Austin would be the best stop in Texas by far- it is the live music capital of Texas, and more- take that over San Antonio anyday (which is just an hour south on 35). Houston may not be the best choice but if you pick a venue more to the south so to help attract the large base in Lake Jackson (Dr. Paul's home town of course) then you could get a decent show.

Just my $0.02.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Austin would be the best stop in Texas by far- it is the live music capital of Texas, and more- take that over San Antonio anyday (which is just an hour south on 35). Houston may not be the best choice but if you pick a venue more to the south so to help attract the large base in Lake Jackson (Dr. Paul's home town of course) then you could get a decent show.

Just my $0.02.

Yeah, we'll do that! Thanks Bryan!

pinkmandy
05-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Updated today. :D

parke
05-14-2008, 05:51 PM
I got to go to his Bday party and it was awesome. Standing room only and people cheered the entire time. Austin would be a great place to get the kids..

my .02c

Thomas_Paine
05-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Here's an idea to help get volunteers in all the cities where the meetups aren't active. Go on the main Grassroots forum and start a thread asking for volunteers in the needed cities. This would also draw more folks into this forum to discuss and plan other Tour related matters.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Here's an idea to help get volunteers in all the cities where the meetups aren't active. Go on the main Grassroots forum and start a thread asking for volunteers in the needed cities. This would also draw more folks into this forum to discuss and plan other Tour related matters.

We have been, for weeks :)

blakmira
05-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Re: Atlanta, GA
"~ Response from one meetup, response limited to volunteering to forward email to Atlanta meetup, no word from meetup on coordinating event"

I emailed & left msg on the original thread & you responded that it looked like it'd be the last week of June or so -- I have the venue and the bands and the people to put it all together.... so don't forget to add Atlanta to the update ;)

--Andrea

pinkmandy
05-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Re: Atlanta, GA
"~ Response from one meetup, response limited to volunteering to forward email to Atlanta meetup, no word from meetup on coordinating event"

I emailed & left msg on the original thread & you responded that it looked like it'd be the last week of June or so -- I have the venue and the bands and the people to put it all together.... so don't forget to add Atlanta to the update ;)

--Andrea

Thanks Andrea! I will update that! :D

pinkmandy
05-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Just updated again. :)