PDA

View Full Version : Fox Business Channel Libertarian Debate

JosephTheLibertarian
05-12-2008, 06:59 PM
From the Root for America campaign:

Libertarian Presidential candidate Wayne Allyn Root will be traveling to New York for a Libertarian Presidential debate on Fox Business Channel on Friday May 16th. Former United States Senator Mike Gravel has agreed to debate Root. Former Congressman Barr has also been invited by Fox. Root will appear on other major media while in New York. Details to follow.

This should be interesting.

sedele
05-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Hmmm....I wonder why they'll be showing this?

Kludge
05-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Wow... Root and Gravel, what an unexpected choice of debaters from FNC *sarcasm*. Fucks are trying to influence the LP into statism too?

Knightskye
05-13-2008, 12:37 AM
They'll host a Libertarian debate, but won't have Paul, a Republican at a debate? Something smells fishy.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Well, the LP is THE third party. It's the largest and most successful party after the dems and GOP.

PatriotOne
05-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I agree...this should be interesting!

LibertyOfOne
05-13-2008, 02:30 PM
So three non Libertarians at a Libertarian debate? Sounds like the party's last nail in the coffin.

torchbearer
05-13-2008, 02:35 PM
So three non Libertarians at a Libertarian debate? Sounds like the party's last nail in the coffin.

Well, If Aaron Russo was still around, we'd have him in the mix.
And if Harry Browne was still around...
If Gary Nolan wouldn't have gotten screwed last time around.
We'd have someone decent to catch the media's attention.

Kludge
05-13-2008, 02:36 PM

If Fox News invited actual libertarians to the LP debate....

torchbearer
05-13-2008, 02:46 PM

They won't do that for the same reason they don't want people to hear what Ron Paul has to say.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-13-2008, 05:21 PM

Yeah, but you still have to admit that our "worst" candidates are still better than their "best." I'll be voting for any of the current frontrunners.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-13-2008, 05:22 PM

How did he get screwed? And why? I like Harry Browne because he grew the party from 10,000 paid memberships to 40,000. That's...unbelievable. He didn't even compromise on his beliefs!

torchbearer
05-13-2008, 05:40 PM
How did he get screwed? And why? I like Harry Browne because he grew the party from 10,000 paid memberships to 40,000. That's...unbelievable. He didn't even compromise on his beliefs!

Gary Nolan had the delegates coming into the convention.
He probably feels screwed because he came into the convention strong, and with national media coverage already.
And then the LP changes its mind at the last second and goes with someone who has no chance, no organization, and no media ability, Badnarik.
I like Badnarik. But Gary will never run for the LP nom again.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Gary Nolan had the delegates coming into the convention.
He probably feels screwed because he came into the convention strong, and with national media coverage already.
And then the LP changes its mind at the last second and goes with someone who has no chance, no organization, and no media ability, Badnarik.
I like Badnarik. But Gary will never run for the LP nom again.

Why won't he? That sucks. Badnarik has great ideas, but he did nothing for the Party in 04.

torchbearer
05-13-2008, 05:44 PM
oh and missouri too. give them the link to the delegate crap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWuhAyJyfZQ

torchbearer
05-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Why won't he? That sucks. Badnarik has great ideas, but he did nothing for the Party in 04.

Imagine. You spend 2 years of your life, much of your own money.
You go to just about every state convention, which takes hours from your life, and money out of your pocket.
A bunch of people tell you that you are there guy. So, you continue to spend your time and fortune.
Then when you get to there big party, they leave you for someone else.

Will you be going back to that party? Most people would not unless it was in rage.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Imagine. You spend 2 years of your life, much of your own money.
You go to just about every state convention, which takes hours from your life, and money out of your pocket.
A bunch of people tell you that you are there guy. So, you continue to spend your time and fortune.
Then when you get to there big party, they leave you for someone else.

Will you be going back to that party? Most people would not unless it was in rage.

I'm in every party :p I will go to any party to vote for who I like. That sucks. Nolan could've garnered a lot of media attention? damn